Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Wimbledon friend is gutted.
  • Options
    I never diss any player until I see them play & will rate them over a season......however.

his goalscoring record is not very good apart from his stint at Wimbledon & loan periods in Scotland.....and even Magennis scored goals up there.

Reading his wiki page it says he found his playing chances "limited" at Bournemouth, Sheff U & Scunthorpe. Its at those teams we should be looking / concerned at imo.

Welcome Lyle & good luck.....you're going to need it.
  • Options
    Scored three times against us last season.
  • Options

good singing on a free so even better, need a few more but a good start.

Ah he's a singer... that explains a lot.
  • Options

Definitely see this guy as more of an Ajose style striker rather than Magennis.

Wrong
  • Options
    Looks like a decent signing. Could make a big difference to us in a position where we have struggled for quality so often recently. If Josh stays, maybe he could move to the wide role he often plays for NI.
  • Options

Looks similar to Josh to me - Josh to be sold?

Our biggest problem over recent years has been lack of back-up/squad players. We need roughly 6 in's without anyone leaving, imo.
  • Options
    might be a league 1 striker at best but thats what is needed to get out of this horrendous league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can he play in all four front positions in a 4231?

If not don't want him.

Decent, proven player at this level and local.

Welcome and good luck.
  • Options

"Born in Greenwich"

he's one of our own, he's one of our ooooowwwwwnnnnnn, Lyle Taylor, he's one of our own!

Came through the Millwall Youth Academy
  • Options

28 years old a good age when you are 72.

• Options

I never diss any player until I see them play & will rate them over a season......however.

his goalscoring record is not very good apart from his stint at Wimbledon & loan periods in Scotland.....and even Magennis scored goals up there.

Reading his wiki page it says he found his playing chances "limited" at Bournemouth, Sheff U & Scunthorpe. Its at those teams we should be looking / concerned at imo.

Welcome Lyle & good luck.....you're going to need it.

Team, Games, Goals, Assists
    AFC Wimbledon 150 55 21
    Falkirk FC 42 29 8
    Partick Thistle FC 36 12 6
    AFC Bournemouth 33 2 1
    Sheffield United 25 2 -
    Scunthorpe United 25 4 2
    Hereford United (liq.) 8 2 1

It's not that bad.

All the best to him.
  • Options

"Born in Greenwich"

he's one of our own, he's one of our ooooowwwwwnnnnnn, Lyle Taylor, he's one of our own!

Came through the Millwall Youth Academy
    well his hair is very pot noodle like so I'll let that slide
  • Options
    Good signing, strong and direct just what we need.
  • Options
    (welcome, Mike)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cracking signing, but who pulled this off?

Bowyer.

Taylor's agent is Ian Harte and Bowyer said the other day he was harassing an agent who he used to play with.

Would assume that Taylor wanting to stay in London was also a pretty key factor.
  • Options
    Happy with this. Will be much, MUCH happier with this, of course, if somehow Vetokele can remain.
  • Options
    He really didn't want to move oop north this time did he? What other reason could there be to take a part in roly's toxic pantomime, or how stupid is he? Or, to paraphrase Duran Duran; is there something we should know?
    Lyle, welcome, we all hope you're successful in everything you do at CAFC but FFS make sure you've got your unemployment insurance all paid up, cos this is one big risk you've taken on.
  • Options
    Very happy with this, makes it even sweeter we beat 3 potential promotion rivals in Sunderland, Bristol Rovers and Southend to his signature as well.

From what I know of him he is better in a front 2 playing with a target man type. Can see him and big Josh complimenting eachother well.

Promising start. Now get the takeover complete, keep Fosu and Bauer plus add a few new players and we are on our way.

Welcome to the biggest club in South London Lyle
  • Options

He really didn't want to move oop north this time did he? What other reason could there be to take a part in roly's toxic pantomime, or how stupid is he? Or, to paraphrase Duran Duran; is there something we should know?
    Lyle, welcome, we all hope you're successful in everything you do at CAFC but FFS make sure you've got your unemployment insurance all paid up, cos this is one big risk you've taken on.

That's the spirit.
  • Options
    Looks like a decent signing on paper, good luck to the lad.

Big Josh Au Reviour
  • Options
    Pleased with this but be intrigued to know how something like this gets done given the situation re: the takeover

I can’t quite work out how the club is actually being ran