Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Call me immature, but am enjoying Lyle's plight and goalscoring statistics more than I should. But he's getting his haircut money and AMG lifestyle so am sure buzzing.

5 goals in 45 (inc subs). 
  • Options
    A dreadful human being and an enemy of Charlton fans, yes
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Like there isn't any other player who could get us promoted. Give me a fucking break. The guy is dreadful 
    Lyle Taylor is dreadful? You sure?
    Have you seen him in a forest shirt? 

Dreadful is an understatement. 
  • Options
    Houghton sacked 
  • Options
    So assuming he bounces into L1 next season what piss taking chants have people got lined up for him?
  • Options
    I doubt he will end up in L1 - Bowyer will take him on to make Deeney / Taylor a dream social media forward partnership.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Houghton sacked 
    Get it done Thomas.
  • Options
    So assuming he bounces into L1 next season what piss taking chants have people got lined up for him?
    Bullish on 2 counts there mate......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nottingham Forest Podcaster on sky sports news just now:

“Bluntly, Forest don’t have enough goals in the team”

Be a real shame, terrible shame if Lyle is listening eh.
  • Options
    Chickens being counted and the eggs have barely been laid, let alone hatched!!
  • Options

Up front on paper, they should be doing a lot better than bottom of the table in Championship with Taylor & Grabban.
  • Options

Up front on paper, they should be doing a lot better than bottom of the table in Championship with Taylor & Grabban.
    It's surely about the lack of creativity in the team anyway, rather than missing chances.

A bit like us really...
  • Options
    Chanting when we are in league 2 away at Sutton United could be tricky.....
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Scoham said:
    Hard to perform in a failing team. He's definitely Championship standard.
    Agree though he’s better in a front two, I believe Forest have mainly used him as a lone striker.
    I watched the Forest Cardiff game on Sunday and was surprised how shit he looked. Strolled around, barely broke sweat, moaned at the ref a lot. A shadow of the player I remember. Played up front with Grabban for the 1st time I think they said which is crazy if you think about it. If you had those two in the squad surely you play them both? 
    A big part of his motivation was proving his doubters wrong, going all the way back to being released by Millwall.

He got the final big contract he was after. He’s not likely to play in the Prem, so I’m not sure he’ll ever recreate his form with us.

He’s exactly the sort of signing we need to avoid, regardless of everything else that went on. Let someone like Sheff Wed pay him big wages and gamble on him putting in the same effort.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll be in League 2 so I don't think we can say too much
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    A Forest fan on twitter said he downed tools at Charlton and never picked them up again :smiley:

J BLOCK said:
    My favourite twitter comment from a forest fan was: 

“The only time he stays on his feet is when everyone else takes the knee” 

Comedy gold Smithy and J Block.
    Thanks for the LOL's.
  • Options
    Maybe Forest need Ben Watson back to help their plight?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Scoham said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Scoham said:
    Hard to perform in a failing team. He's definitely Championship standard.
    Agree though he’s better in a front two, I believe Forest have mainly used him as a lone striker.
    I watched the Forest Cardiff game on Sunday and was surprised how shit he looked. Strolled around, barely broke sweat, moaned at the ref a lot. A shadow of the player I remember. Played up front with Grabban for the 1st time I think they said which is crazy if you think about it. If you had those two in the squad surely you play them both? 
    A big part of his motivation was proving his doubters wrong, going all the way back to being released by Millwall.

He got the final big contract he was after. He’s not likely to play in the Prem, so I’m not sure he’ll ever recreate his form with us.

He’s exactly the sort of signing we need to avoid, regardless of everything else that went on. Let someone like Sheff Wed pay him big wages and gamble on him putting in the same effort.
    agreed - he admitted it was just a job / money to him and he got a big pay rise moving to forest  - he really won't be bothered about getting stick from us - he got bombed out of millwall for being a pain in the arse when younger and has worked his way back up so if he can milk one more deal after forest, it will be job done for him i should think - wouldn't want him back     
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Imagine him in L1 up front with Stockley in a 442. 
    We’d be out of this shit show league in a year, but the boo boys would never let it happen. 
    I'll be one of those boo boys
    We have been in league 1 for 8 out of the last 13 seasons. I'll suffer it for another 3 years instead of seeing him wear a Charlton shirt ever again. 
    It'll never happen and thank god. I think a lot of people actually forget how bad it was what he did.
    I've said it before on another thread.

We should be happy for him to come back as long as he apologises by agreeing to do 3-5 hours a week contracted work for the community trust.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    My favourite twitter comment from a forest fan was: 

“The only time he stays on his feet is when everyone else takes the knee” 
    🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    He does seem to try hard on Instagram to get the forest faithful to love him