Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Lennon - retiring due to injury (p4)

Comments

• iainment said:

shirty5 said:

Why do fans from other teams come on here in peace?

It's a ridiculous choice of words that show how stupid the poster is. In my opinion.
    He may well be stupid, he may well not be.

I'd rather be stupid than an arsehole though, and that's what your post shows you to be. In my opinion.

Welcome to the forum @prnapper. Lennon is a mid-table League One lump of a centre-half. He's not terrible and he's not spectacular.
    So not like Beckenbauer then?
  • Buying potential, injury prone and always likely to do something stupid, get sent off, give away a silly pen etc.
  • prnapper said:

You can call me stupid if you want. I'm a frequent poster on the Southend forum Shrimperzone and i've heard much worse. Just wanted some opinions, for which I've appreciated.

ps you're not getting Powell back, he's ours.

Stupid.
  • prnapper said:

You can call me stupid if you want. I'm a frequent poster on the Southend forum Shrimperzone and i've heard much worse. Just wanted some opinions, for which I've appreciated.

Posting you are here in peace and making silly comments like that?

Get him boys
  • edited June 2018
    Bundle!
  • from what I have seen a journeyman pro who made silly mistakes. Am I grief stricken he has gone....not really but given the even more threadbare squad we have we may well have needed him.
  • Lennon’s never been good enough to be first choice here but he needs regular football if he’s going to improve. Injuries haven’t helped either.

If things work out he could develop into a solid CB at this level. Not sure he can progress further than that, but he’s young enough for that to be possible. Don’t think anyone predicted Pope ever making an England squad.

He needs to finds the right club and manager that can help him develop and get the best out of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• prnapper said:

prnapper said:

Posting you are here in peace and making silly comments like that?

Get him boys
    248 games for us, he's a Southend legend. We wept tears of joy when he was called to the England squad.
    Don’t get too used him - he’ll be coming home for a 5th time soon...............I hope.
  • He was our 5th choice centre back. I think that sums up his current level.
  • Just be sure of this. He is NOT John Lennon OR Keith Lemon. I hope that helps oh peaceful one?
  • Just be sure of this. He is NOT John Lennon OR Keith Lemon. I hope that helps oh peaceful one?

We've had a Lee Harrison and have Naby Starr, just needed George McCartney to complete the set.
  • Always thought that given an injury free run,Harry could do the business,good luck to him.

We've had a Lee Harrison and have Naby Starr, just needed George McCartney to complete the set.
    But Paul McCartney did write the music to "Valley Floyd Road"...does that count...;)
  • edited June 2018

Scoham said:

Lennon’s never been good enough to be first choice here but he needs regular football if he’s going to improve. Injuries haven’t helped either.

If things work out he could develop into a solid CB at this level. Not sure he can progress further than that, but he’s young enough for that to be possible. Don’t think anyone predicted Pope ever making an England squad.

He needs to finds the right club and manager that can help him develop and get the best out of him.

I would just add that Harry has made a grand total of 33 career appearances for us (including masses of sub appearances).
    I think those that have condemned him to mediocrity or worse still scapegoated him might want to reserve judgement.
    Harry is my cousin's boy so I am biased, but they are a lovely family and he has been at Charlton a long time.
    He only ever wanted to do well for us but I think this is a good move for him.
    The influence of Chris Powell can only be good for him.

I hope he does well except against us nevertheless one of my anytime scorers next season is sorted for two matches!
  • any idea of the fee involved ?? .obviously it will be undisclosed (to CAFC fans at least) but I thought I saw a figure of £50k somewhere but I'm assuming thats a joke.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can’t find where it was but I saw it and don’t think it was a joke. He was out of contract in the summer and in May we used a clause to extend it by a year. That probably just guaranteed we’d get a small fee for a player that was going to be cover at best.
  • any idea of the fee involved ?? .obviously it will be undisclosed (to CAFC fans at least) but I thought I saw a figure of £50k somewhere but I'm assuming thats a joke.

No, Southend really did think he was worth that much.
  • Honestly he's an average league 1 CB. Will do well with your midtable to playoff goals.

I saw £50,000 somewhere.

Sounds pretty generous to me.
  • Good move for Lennon, getting away from the shambles of CAFC and joining a club which no doubt under CP is as professional as they come. Aren't Southend investing in a new stadium too. Sounds like an ambitious place to be, complete opposite to us.
  • Nug said:

Good move for Lennon, getting away from the shambles of CAFC and joining a club which no doubt under CP is as professional as they come. Aren't Southend investing in a new stadium too. Sounds like an ambitious place to be, complete opposite to us.

Agree with everything you say.
    Great avatar as well.
  • As long as he doesn't play like a mixture of Ramos and Maldini in the games against us, I wish him all the best.
  • Harry when fit was probably quicker thsn BFG, Pearce and Tex. Better than his odd games with different partners suggest.