Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jake Forster-Caskey (ed. Signs a new contract extension to 2021)

Comments

• I reckon JFC would have started, Aribo would have played the top of the diamond and JFC would have took his place 
  • Ross said:
    Scoham said:
    Woaahhh we’ve got Forster-Caskey, woaahhh plays with [insert new signing here]

Plays with Darren Pratley?
    And occasionally George Lapslie
  • Was pretty much a given considering how long he was out.

might be doing him a disservice but I don’t believe if fully fit he would have got in our midfield last season.

hope he stays fit and finds some form 
        He certainly wouldn't have got into our midfield last season, but seeing as we are probably losing 3 of them (Aribo, Cullen & Beliek) then even I could probably get into this coming seasons midfield. 
  • Was pretty much a given considering how long he was out.

might be doing him a disservice but I don’t believe if fully fit he would have got in our midfield last season.

He certainly wouldn't have got into our midfield last season, but seeing as we are probably losing 3 of them (Aribo, Cullen & Beliek) then even I could probably get into this coming seasons midfield. 
    So, just to reiterate, you think Darren Pratley, who started in the Wembley win, is a better option than JFC?
  • edited June 2019
    Was pretty much a given considering how long he was out.

So, just to reiterate, you think Darren Pratley, who started in the Wembley win, is a better option than JFC?
    Better at the job he was put in there to do? Absolutely. Pratley was invaluable in the entirety of the play-offs.

Much better footballer than Prats overall though 
  • Croydon said:
    Was pretty much a given considering how long he was out.

Better at the job he was put in there to do? Absolutely. Pratley was invaluable in the entirety of the play-offs.
    Agreed. I am a fan of Pratley. But if I had to choose between JFC and Pratley in a league game at The Valley, I'd pick JFC every time.
  • Lots underating JFC.

Scores goals, great dead balls, tackles, keeps the ball moving, experienced at Championship level.

In theory all true but we don't know how well he has recovered from his serious injury as he hasn't played any meaningful first team football since.

Big ask to suddenly be the main man in the Championship after all he has gone through.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:
    Lots underating JFC.

Scores goals, great dead balls, tackles, keeps the ball moving, experienced at Championship level.

In theory all true but we don't know how well he has recovered from his serious injury as he hasn't played any meaningful first team football since.

Big ask to suddenly be the main man in the Championship after all he has gone through.
    I would say he deserves a chance to prove it, though.
  • The fact that he was available so early after such a debilitating injury is testament to his character.
  • LenGlover said:
    Lots underating JFC.

True but people forgetting/missing how good he was before.

Cullen only signed to replace JFC.

I wonder if he can play at the tip of the diamond rather than the base?
  • Whilst i fully expected this, i'm happy it has at last been confirmed. Fingers crossed he can get back to being the player he was.

Another body in the building.
  • LenGlover said:
    Lots underating JFC.

I would say he deserves a chance to prove it, though.
    Absolutely right.

I'd like him to have a bit of meaningful competition for his place though given the higher level.
  • The fact that he was available so early after such a debilitating injury is testament to his character.
    The reaction we saw from his team mates when we scored on the opening day shows how rated he is by his colleagues
  • Funny old game isn't it, if JFC hadn't got injured preseason we probably wouldn't have signed Cullen.  Possibly got a striker on loan instead.  Grant doesn't start, moves to Crawley for a nominal fee at Christmas, noone complains or notices. 
  • Am slightly surprised to see a player contract announcement such as this released on a Sunday, as opposed to it being held over until Monday. Just wondered if it means the club want to issue another player announcement tomorrow, i.e. drip feeding the release of good news, or even bad news. Of course, could be completely wrong!
  • Am slightly surprised to see a player contract announcement such as this released on a Sunday, as opposed to it being held over until Monday. Just wondered if it means the club want to issue another player announcement tomorrow, i.e. drip feeding the release of good news, or even bad news. Of course, could be completely wrong!
    Aribo not officially announced yet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Morgan will wow the Championship and needs to be tied down on a long contract. 10+ goals.
    I do like Morgan as he offers something different.

Does anyone know how long his contract is?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Funny old game isn't it, if JFC hadn't got injured preseason we probably wouldn't have signed Cullen.  Possibly got a striker on loan instead.  Grant doesn't start, moves to Crawley for a nominal fee at Christmas, noone complains or notices. 
    By the same logic, if JFC hadn't got injured, would Aribo have become a linchpin in the squad?
  • Anyone remember how much we paid for JFC?
    Aribo not officially announced yet...
    Yes, that’s the one I was thinking of in terms of (confirmation) of bad news.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Funny old game isn't it, if JFC hadn't got injured preseason we probably wouldn't have signed Cullen.  Possibly got a striker on loan instead.  Grant doesn't start, moves to Crawley for a nominal fee at Christmas, noone complains or notices. 
    Not all of that is true. Grant was always going to stay, Bowyer rated him and wanted him at the club. We also were trying to bring in Cullen before Forster-Caskey got injured, but yes the injury did push the deal for Cullen to come in further along the line as it meant we had to try harder.
    I was thinking the same.
  • Good news. 
    JFC not good enough for Brighton when they were going for promotion, but he is more than good enough for mid table Championship football. 
  • Lost a year of his career, but is still young enough to prove that all the youth caps for England means he can be a Championship player. Like every single player including our  Lyle Taylor he needs to step up but Lee Bowyer will be a top man to learn from. Lack of pace may be his biggest problem, because difficult to teach pace !

Best of luck Jake because he desperately wants to prove himself after hearing him chat at Bromley addicts last season.
    Addicks
    He knows what he meant
  • Excellent news, although I always assumed he would stay.