Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer at The Valley - next one in Feb ***

Just a reminder that as part of Men's Health Awareness Day tomorrow, PSA tests are being provided at The Valley tomorrow. Below are the key points

Time: 12pm - 2.45pm

Where: North Stand fans bar (plus mobile unit in car park for Plymouth fans)

Who: It is primarily aimed at those 45 and ove (however also open to those younger).

Cost: A £5 donation is requested. The Barry Kilby Prostate Cancer Appeal will fund the remainder of the tests’ costs.

What is a PSA Test? The PSA test is a blood test that can help diagnose prostate problems, including prostate cancer. Read HERE for more information

A number of ex players, including Scott Minto, Bob Bolder, Carl Leaburn and Paul Mortimer were also be taking the test tomorrow.

Well done @Tracey with her efforts in organising this, and hopefully it is an initiative that is well supported. What have you got to lose?

Comments

• I'll be there.
  • Had my annual PSA test on Tuesday. I’d urge all men of any age, but in particular, those in their 40s and above to get it done.
  • It's all really important.

Go get it done.
  • @Curb_It

My aunt died when she was 33 because she was too shy to have a smear test. So ladies must get tested to.

• That's sad. And so many women are sadly. It's so dangerous.
  • I will be there
  • I just about make kick off but am going to try and leave a bit earlier to get this done. Just hoping I get a parking space closer than Woolwich!
  • I’m in

Cancer is a prick
  • Sponsored links:

• Just had mine done. All clear, but I’d join in with the above comments and urge the over 50’s to have it checked.
  • Listening to SCP on talksport I hear he is doing a marathon in aid of prostrate cancer charity. What a top man he is.
  • How do you get to the North Stand Fans bar without going through the turnstiles?
    Sorry if I'm being dense
  • Swisdom said:

I’m in

Cancer is a prick

That it is. Thank you so much for your support Steve. Carl and I are blessed to of met you and your family x
  • How do you get to the North Stand Fans bar without going through the turnstiles?
    Sorry if I'm being dense

Go in through the main entrance, ground floor on the left of the turnstiles as you face the stand.
  • edited March 2018
    Redrobo said:

How do you get to the North Stand Fans bar without going through the turnstiles?
    Sorry if I'm being dense

Go in through the main entrance, ground floor on the left of the turnstiles as you face the stand.
    Glass doors, right close to the massive Charlton badge.
  • Redrobo said:

How do you get to the North Stand Fans bar without going through the turnstiles?
    Sorry if I'm being dense

Glass doors, right close to the massive Charlton badge.
    Thanks chaps
  • See you there.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    I went for a full blood test on Tuesday including PSA. All came back fine but I am glad I have had a test as was on my mind for ages.

Really important to be tested.
  • All done cor size of the needle.
    Thanks for doing this Tracey
  • Popping in Fans Bar for a pint before game so hopefully see a few of you to say hello
  • Just had it done
    Go to the grey haired lady in the corner it didn't hurt!
  • Done. Thanks to all concerned.
  • Just been in and had the test done. Easy, quick, painless process. Highly recommend.
  • I hate needles.

Not looking forward to this

That’s if I can get through this sodding traffic
  • Done, took less than 2 minutes, the time it took to pay for my pint on the other hand.....................
  • Just had mine checked, well done Charlton