Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Regan Charles-Cook - SPFL player of the month Jan 2022 at Ross County (p3)

Comments

• Options

I thought he signed a contract extension recently?

Academy graduate Regan Charles-Cook has signed a one-year extension, as have Ryan Blumberg, Jamie Mascoll and Joshua Umerah, while Mikhail Kennedy has signed a short-term six-month deal.”
    He signed it in invisible ink!
    I think he used a pencil and Roland secretly slipped over and rubbed it out when no one was looking
  • Options
    Who is doing these deals with no one in charge?
  • Options

If he's turned down our deal he's out of contract so can sign for anyone.

As to who offered him a year I assume Euell and Avory as he's part of the development squad
  • Options

Paul the octopus
  • Options

As to who offered him a year I assume Euell and Avory as he's part of the development squad
    As hes under 24 and we offered him a new deal, we should get a development fee for him right?
  • Options

As hes under 24 and we offered him a new deal, we should get a development fee for him right?
    would we have had to offer him the deal by a certain date or am I making that up?
  • Options

would we have had to offer him the deal by a certain date or am I making that up?
    I think it's by the 31st May, one month before contracts expire
  • Options
    Not really impressed me on the few occasions I saw him play - smaller and less dynamic than say Konsa or Aribo, didn’t have the trickery of a Lookman.

Probably be proven wrong when he plays a blinder against us in the future.. but not massively annoyed that he’s looking for opportunities elsewhere.
  • Options
    Dissappointingm however I think he has some serious competition with the players that Fergie will be bringing in once the takeover is done and the new manager announced.image
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lump on him for anytime scorer when we play Gillingham next season.
  • Options
    Woking fan at work says that he was class first half of the season, but when he went back for the 2nd spell offered very little.

I agree with the sentiment that at 21 he should have least been loaned out to a league club if he was going to kick on with us, so it's not a great loss. Guaranteed to score against us for Gills though.
  • Options
    On hyphen less at the club. :neutral:
  • Options
    Gills have got an armchair. Look at that office!

• Options

The money for the armchair came out of the stationery budget, looking at the cheap pen he's signing the contract with :smile:
  • Options
    Good luck to lad. Only saw him play a couple of times so can’t really comment on his ability. However, he didn’t break in to the 1st team, so probably a good move all round.
  • Options
    Looked very good when I saw him, good luck to him. Reckon he will have a good career.
  • Options
    Yep, good luck to him, wish him a long and successful career.
  • Options
    I wish him the very best. Good honest footballer, who with the right guidance and a decent manager could settle into a very effective player for somebody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

He's a good player, he would have been given a longer contract with a club that's run properly.

This. Think there's a tremendous amount of ability there. Also think it was a mistake letting him go to non-league in the second half of the year. He felt like an afterthought.

I suspect he's a player who will look better the better players he plays with and the higher the level.
  • Options

The money for the armchair came out of the stationery budget, looking at the cheap pen he's signing the contract with :smile:
    This is Gillingham we're talking about. An expensive pen would be gone in five minutes!
  • Options

Looks like my mother in law’s front room.
  • Options
    Got a feeling this one will bite us in the bum in a few years.

But he was way down the pecking order after that long injury and at the age of 21, he needs to kick on at a place where he can become first choice.

It would be unfair to keep him on with no clear path into the starting eleven.
  • Options
    Always impressed me when I saw him play
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Redhenry said:

He's a good player, he would have been given a longer contract with a club that's run properly.

Do you know that for a fact.

Truth is he is 21 and has played 1 league game for is I think, his loans have been to the National League.

Aribo, Diijksteel and other young players had broken into the 1st team by now.

I think he was offered a 1 year deal only as a last chance to prove himself, maybe the talent is there but he just isnt applying himself.

We have been pretty good over recent years with our acadmey and when to let players go and IMO I think he will go the way of Azeez and TSS and in 2 years time be in the national league.

But thats just my opinion
    Rated by people who actually work within football for a living, so yes fact!
    There was plenty of interest in him at League One level.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Truth is he is 21 and has played 1 league game for is I think, his loans have been to the National League.

I think he was offered a 1 year deal only as a last chance to prove himself, maybe the talent is there but he just isnt applying himself.

We have been pretty good over recent years with our acadmey and when to let players go and IMO I think he will go the way of Azeez and TSS and in 2 years time be in the national league.

Rated by people who actually work in football for a living, so yes fact!
    But you said if the club was run better he would have been given a longer contract.

But players got longer contracts this year, so surely its not a case of how the club being run stopped him(if it was then everyone who signed a new contract would only have got a year) surely its a case that Euell and Avory have decided he is not progressing how they would have liked and wanted to give him 1 more year to prove himself.

As I said he is 21 and has played 1 first team game for us and only gone on loan to the national league.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Rated by people who actually work within football for a living, so yes fact!
    Henry, I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, are you saying there was interest in getting him in on loan from League One clubs this past season?