Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Markg2004 said:

Crusty54 said:

Swisdom said:

Thanks for the update @redman and Man Utd can fuck off the classless wankers

Hope she’s ok

I was going to bring my daughter to this but we had to wait in for a delivery.

The Man Utd medical staff provided assistance on the pitch and were a major help. Far from classless.
    Probably referring to the fans complaining and Stoney for arguing with the ref over the postponement (the classless comment), not the Man Utd medical staff.
    If the rumour is correct and that CAFC woman had no oxygen (and again a rumour it is a league requirement) and the game was called off as there was none left you can understand their frustration
    100% agree. The rumour on Twitter was from Utd fans (not even at the match from what I gather just passed on from others). I have brought this up with them as they were saying as it was gospel.

Some of their fans were chatting to the Utd medical staff after the ambulance went. And before it was announced they new it was abandoned as the medical staff told them. They had packed away flags and started to leave.

As I've said on Twitter, surely the game would not have gone ahead if CAFC didn't have all the medical services required by the FA.

I do get fans frustrations but thoughts at this stage have to be with Charlotte and the team. Heads were not going to be right after that. It's natural after an event like that.

It was a shame as was decent turnout but it happens. I do think requirements need to be reviewed for the safety of players but can't fault Steve and his team for anything today. They kept fans as informed as they could throughout and sure going forward will announce something for those who went. These things happen.

Classless coincidently to me would be the fans arguing about refunds etc straight away, which unfortunately I heard from both sets of fans as I left. Saying that, fans were fine and acted appropriately during the wait without any issue until abandonment announced. Right decision too.

Glad the CAFC Woman's Twitter have put out statement saying Charlotte's condition has improved since. He's hoping she is ok.
  • Options
    Yes, hope she makes a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Markg2004 said:

Crusty54 said:

Swisdom said:

Hope she’s ok

The Man Utd medical staff provided assistance on the pitch and were a major help. Far from classless.
    Probably referring to the fans complaining and Stoney for arguing with the ref over the postponement (the classless comment), not the Man Utd medical staff.
    If the rumour is correct and that CAFC woman had no oxygen (and again a rumour it is a league requirement) and the game was called off as there was none left you can understand their frustration
    100% agree. The rumour on Twitter was from Utd fans (not even at the match from what I gather just passed on from others). I have brought this up with them as they were saying as it was gospel.

Some of their fans were chatting to the Utd medical staff after the ambulance went. And before it was announced they new it was abandoned as the medical staff told them. They had packed away flags and started to leave.

As I've said on Twitter, surely the game would not have gone ahead if CAFC didn't have all the medical services required by the FA.

I do get fans frustrations but thoughts at this stage have to be with Charlotte and the team. Heads were not going to be right after that. It's natural after an event like that.

It was a shame as was decent turnout but it happens. I do think requirements need to be reviewed for the safety of players but can't fault Steve and his team for anything today. They kept fans as informed as they could throughout and sure going forward will announce something for those who went. These things happen.

Classless coincidently to me would be the fans arguing about refunds etc straight away, which unfortunately I heard from both sets of fans as I left. Saying that, fans were fine and acted appropriately during the wait without any issue until abandonment announced. Right decision too.

Glad the CAFC Woman's Twitter have put out statement saying Charlotte's condition has improved since. He's hoping she is ok.
    The Man United supporters were by the team dug out. One of the backroom staff told them the game was abandoned.
  • Options
    I was at the game and thought perhaps the only criticism that could be made to anybody was why it took around 35 minutes for an ambulance to arrive. There was also an announcement for the owner of a vehicle to move it, as it was presumably going to make the exit of the ambulance a problem but the owner did not respond very quickly which then resulted in several officials running around the ground trying to find the owner of the car. I was next to the Charlton dug out and one of the staff there told us the game was to be abandoned.
    Hope Charlotte makes as speedy a recovery as possible and good luck to the team for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Nothing more to add than I'm glad she's alright.
  • Options
    Good news. I must admit I feared much worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46890143

Sounds like we may not have had sufficient medical provision as league rules state re: oxygen? Surely this can't be true if required?

Glad Kerr is recovering, and maybe lucky Utd did have the required oxygen in this instance.
  • Options
    Another cut-back ...?
  • Options
    Thanks United. Glad Charlotte is recovering.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Another cut-back ...?

The club do not fund the woman's team. But as they club are happy to ride off the back of the woman's teams success they will now have to accept the bad publicity this has/will get as a result
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Hope she’s ok

Thankfully United had the oxygen as it is being reported by the BBC we did not, otherwise this could have been a lot worse for Charlotte
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Does anyone know any more bout how Charlotte is doing at all...?littleun asked,so I said I will try find out for her...been no more updates on CAWFC site,obviously we hoping she is making good progress on her recovery...
  • Options

Does anyone know any more bout how Charlotte is doing at all...?littleun asked,so I said I will try find out for her...been no more updates on CAWFC site,obviously we hoping she is making good progress on her recovery...

The club did update that it was not as serious as first thought. Serious bruising to ribs and sternum.

She was able to post on Twitter from the hospital on the night of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed @Markg2004

Thank god in this case given how long the ambulance took that Man U had the right equipment with them.
  • Options
    A poor show, whoever's fault it was, the club deserve to be punished
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @sadamson84. Appreciated.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. Best wishes to Charlotte.
  • Options
    Charlton or Huddersfield will be away @ West Ham in the FA Cup
  • Options
    Big Collapse from the women

73th minute
    Charlton 3-0 Huddersfield

78th minute
    Charlton 3-3 Huddersfield

Finished 3-3 and into extra time
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    no goals in extra time, now onto pens...!!
  • Options
    Lost 5-4 in pens