Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• I couldn't give you the names because i did not ask them. All I am saying is that there a lot of them !!
  • I couldn't give you the names because i did not ask them. All I am saying is that there a lot of them !!
    I didn't mean you to name them.

The club are trying to sell season tickets. They should be announcing new players to help this. 
  • Crusty54 said:
    I couldn't give you the names because i did not ask them. All I am saying is that there a lot of them !!
    I didn't mean you to name them.

The club are trying to sell season tickets. They should be announcing new players to help this. 
    Be more specific then and not so Joe Blunt!
  • Breaking news: Charley Clifford has signed for ... has signed for ... has ... <choking noises> <sound of uncontrolled weeping>.

Seriously, there aren't too many options if you're in London and want to play at the top level while remaining part time. It's an obvious, sensible professional decision by someone who remains a really good player. But it hurts.
    Real shame but was always going to happen when moving to full time as all the current players had other jobs/careers and not many will want to give that up.

I wish her well, Charltons number 1 in the appearances stake, ever, and suspect that will last a long time. I won't be sponsoring her at Palace though, I have to draw a line somewhere!
  • Fixture list released. First home game on 5 September.
    https://twitter.com/CAFCWomen/status/1418482536674742274
  • Are there squad limits in womens football?
  • edited July 2021
    Lois Heuchan signed two seasons ago.

Only one goalkeeper.

• sammy391 said:
     New facilities

As part of the transition, new facilities are being built at Pippenhall for changing rooms, medical rooms and meeting rooms. The facilities are part of the club’s Sparrows Lane training ground and the team will also share the current 3G pitches, gym and canteen already in place at the current training ground.” 

I know TS in investing a lot of money and the facilities will be vastly improved from what the women's team previously had but where on earth were they getting changed before if that top photo is the upgrade?

I think we had better changing rooms at my secondary school.
    Whether the new or old changing rooms who puts clothes hooks above the windows and at about eight foot high?
    Ryan Inniss.
  • League cup draw has put us in a group with Spurs, Coventry and Watford. That looks like a good draw - one of the new teams, one of the weaker ones from last season and a decent WSL team but not one of the absolute top sides. Dates for the fixtures to be confirmed but they'll slot into gaps in the early part of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• League cup draw has put us in a group with Spurs, Coventry and Watford. That looks like a good draw - one of the new teams, one of the weaker ones from last season and a decent WSL team but not one of the absolute top sides. Dates for the fixtures to be confirmed but they'll slot into gaps in the early part of the season.
    Update: I've just read on the FA website that there's a rule about the 3 WSL clubs in the Women's Champions League. If I've understood right, then if Arsenal lose in Europe in the preliminary rounds before the group stage, they'll be added into one of the three southern groups in the league cup instead of being exempt to the quarter final. So we could (but probably won't) face them as well.
  • What odds are there for the Charlton Women to win?
  • A pre-season friendly was played at tier 3 Oxford United today, ending in a 1-0 defeat. It was only announced by Charlton a few hours before kickoff so presumably they weren't looking to have travelling support with the squad so new to each other. Likely to be the closest game to me all season, though, so kicking myself I didn't look at the local teams' twitter feeds in the last few days.
  • Do the women play their home matches at Sparrows Lane or The Valley (or elsewhere)?
  • Do the women play their home matches at Sparrows Lane or The Valley (or elsewhere)?
    They're at VCD Athletic in Crayford. Postcode DA1 4DN will find it on a satnav or a map app.
  • Won 0-1 away to Hibernian in a pre season friendly this evening. Hibs season has already started.
  • Ticket prices for the season have been announced - £10 adults, £5 for over-65s and under-18. Season tickets covering all 11 home league games are £60 adults, £30 over-65 or under-18.

The first couple of home games are 5th and 26th September, 2pm kickoff. The next game after that looks like it may depend on the league cup fixtures, which haven't been finalised.

The first game of the season is away at Lewes on 29th August. Tickets for that one are £11 adults, £7 concessions.
  • I bought a season ticket along with the men's team. It hasn't come yet. Anyone else in this boat? 
  • redman said:
    I bought a season ticket along with the men's team. It hasn't come yet. Anyone else in this boat? 
    Should be sending them out this week.

Worth mentioning you get a 50% discount if you have a mens season ticket.
  • Grace Coombs has signed for Palace women.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will the game be televised?
  • Will the game be televised?
    We're not on FA Player, which seems to be doing one game per weekend again. Our first FA Player streamed game looks to be the 31 October home game against Sunderland. I'd guess with fans now allowed Lewes will be keen to maximise attendance so probably won't be keen to stream it.
  • Crusty54 said:
    redman said:
    I bought a season ticket along with the men's team. It hasn't come yet. Anyone else in this boat? 
    Should be sending them out this week.

Worth mentioning you get a 50% discount if you have a mens season ticket.
    So over 65 is £15 if one has a CAFC mens season ticket over 65 ?

It's actually £18 plus the £1.50 transaction charge.
  • That's partly why I got one. Wanted to show support and it was a fairly cheap way of doing it. Will probably go to a handful of games 
  • redman said:
    That's partly why I got one. Wanted to show support and it was a fairly cheap way of doing it. Will probably go to a handful of games 
    The Oakwood is a lovely ground with good beers in the club house and well cooked food inside the ground.
  • Lewes away game has been postponed due to Covid among the Charlton team. First game of the season currently due to be the home game on 5 September, but I guess we should watch for further announcements in case anyone else goes down with it. Hope everyone will recover OK quickly.
  • Here's the schedule for home league games this season. In years gone by they've moved one game per season to the Valley, in which case dates may change too. In addition to these, there will be at least one home game in the league cup, plus whatever other cup games turn up. There's currently an ad on the website for the "first four" games, which doesn't include Bristol, so there may be some doubt about the date of that one. Still, for what it's worth, this is what we have at present:

05 Sep 2021 Coventry United
    26 Sept 2021 Blackburn Rovers
    10 Oct 2020 Bristol City
    31 Oct 2021 Sunderland
    21 Nov 2021 London City Lionesses
    09 Jan 2022 Sheffield United
    16 Jan 2022 Lewes
    06 Feb 2022 Watford
    13 Mar 2022 Liverpool
    27 Mar 2022 Crystal Palace
    01 May 2022 Durham
  • Worth pointing out that ticket prices at the ground on Sunday go up by £2. Booking on line is cheaper (just) as there is £1.50 transaction charge. They're also offering a free under 18 ticket.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Worth pointing out that ticket prices at the ground on Sunday go up by £2. Booking on line is cheaper (just) as there is £1.50 transaction charge. They're also offering a free under 18 ticket.
    The £2 is per ticket though whereas £1.50 is per transaction.
    Tickets £10 for adults and £5 for over 65's.
  • Just catching up with some Charlton Women news and I see we’ve signed Sophie Hillyerd (goalkeeper from Man U) and initially thought that’s good that we’ve now got back up for Eartha Cumings - but then I noticed Sophie has been given the No 1 shirt and Eartha has No 13.
    Was Sophie signed as first choice? Or does Eartha just prefer the No 13 shirt? 
    I thought Eartha was quite impressive last year, so it would surprise me if she’s been displaced by a new signing (who’s only 18, by the way), but I’m sure someone on here could enlighten me!
    Either way, good luck to both keepers and the rest of the team for what hopefully will be a successful season.