Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Vinyl Countdown

Apologies for the cheesy title. I've been having a tidy up and come across some old vinyl. Not really wanting to part with it to a degree as it's part of my history but I don't play them now and a bit of cash from sales would come in handy. Hopefully I'll get a decent return as vinyl is back in fashion it seems and there are some good 'uns. There are a few Television 12 inches and LP on red and / or green vinyl. What appears to be a fairly rare Cockney Sparrer 12 inch. Other artists include :- Magazine, The Rezillos, The Saints, The Fabulous Poodles, X-Ray Spex, The Clash. In addition, the are a few 45's mostly but not exclusively Punk.
If anyone can advise of the best place to contact / visit or has any advice on the best way to sell then I'd be most grateful.
Thanks.

Comments

  • I got rid of mine a few years ago. Regretted it ever since.
  • I believe there are vinyl collectors about on here. @Badger I think.
  • I would take a look at Discogs, free to join, easy to list and you will only pay a fee if you make a sell, Television Red Vinyl LP Adventure available for sale on discogs at £13.99, depends what the condition is.
  • Phil said:

    Apologies for the cheesy title. I've been having a tidy up and come across some old vinyl. Not really wanting to part with it to a degree as it's part of my history but I don't play them now and a bit of cash from sales would come in handy. Hopefully I'll get a decent return as vinyl is back in fashion it seems and there are some good 'uns. There are a few Television 12 inches and LP on red and / or green vinyl. What appears to be a fairly rare Cockney Sparrer 12 inch. Other artists include :- Magazine, The Rezillos, The Saints, The Fabulous Poodles, X-Ray Spex, The Clash. In addition, the are a few 45's mostly but not exclusively Punk.
    If anyone can advise of the best place to contact / visit or has any advice on the best way to sell then I'd be most grateful.
    Thanks.

    Do you have any of.......

    Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Midge Ure, Blondie and The Human League?
  • Thanks for the comments to date. cafcdave123 I'll let you know! That's the only way we should all be rewarded beer or cash! Badger, thanks for that. I've got the Adventure LP on red vinyl with the insert still so hopeful of a good price. Elfsborg I have the following Depeche Mode :- The Singles LP 81-85, the following 12 inchers :- Master & Servant, Everything Counts, It's called a heart (extended), New Life, Get The Balance Right, See You (extended version)and I Just Can't Get Enough.
  • Phil said:

    Apologies for the cheesy title. I've been having a tidy up and come across some old vinyl. Not really wanting to part with it to a degree as it's part of my history but I don't play them now and a bit of cash from sales would come in handy. Hopefully I'll get a decent return as vinyl is back in fashion it seems and there are some good 'uns. There are a few Television 12 inches and LP on red and / or green vinyl. What appears to be a fairly rare Cockney Sparrer 12 inch. Other artists include :- Magazine, The Rezillos, The Saints, The Fabulous Poodles, X-Ray Spex, The Clash. In addition, the are a few 45's mostly but not exclusively Punk.
    If anyone can advise of the best place to contact / visit or has any advice on the best way to sell then I'd be most grateful.
    Thanks.

    I've got a lot of very similar Punk stuff and could never part with it.
  • Yeah discogs probably has the biggest marketplace and you get handy price histories so can see what they're likely to fetch.
  • Phil said:

    Thanks for the comments to date. cafcdave123 I'll let you know! That's the only way we should all be rewarded beer or cash! Badger, thanks for that. I've got the Adventure LP on red vinyl with the insert still so hopeful of a good price. Elfsborg I have the following Depeche Mode :- The Singles LP 81-85, the following 12 inchers :- Master & Servant, Everything Counts, It's called a heart (extended), New Life, Get The Balance Right, See You (extended version)and I Just Can't Get Enough.

    It seems you have quite a collection, I have the ones you have.

    Thanks for looking.
  • Phil said:

    Thanks for the comments to date. cafcdave123 I'll let you know! That's the only way we should all be rewarded beer or cash! Badger, thanks for that. I've got the Adventure LP on red vinyl with the insert still so hopeful of a good price. Elfsborg I have the following Depeche Mode :- The Singles LP 81-85, the following 12 inchers :- Master & Servant, Everything Counts, It's called a heart (extended), New Life, Get The Balance Right, See You (extended version)and I Just Can't Get Enough.

    It seems you have quite a collection, I have the ones you have.

    Thanks for looking.
    You've always been a bit partial to a 12 incher.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Phil said:

    Thanks for the comments to date. cafcdave123 I'll let you know! That's the only way we should all be rewarded beer or cash! Badger, thanks for that. I've got the Adventure LP on red vinyl with the insert still so hopeful of a good price. Elfsborg I have the following Depeche Mode :- The Singles LP 81-85, the following 12 inchers :- Master & Servant, Everything Counts, It's called a heart (extended), New Life, Get The Balance Right, See You (extended version)and I Just Can't Get Enough.

    It seems you have quite a collection, I have the ones you have.

    Thanks for looking.
    You've always been a bit partial to a 12 incher.
    And fortunately I have found people fond of the 7" version as well.
  • Had Europe's Final Coundown on 12" and always reminds me of Wembley when it's on the radio. Anyway don't sell. Vinyl is making a comeback. My daughter has just bought an album this week, 'Sherlocks', don't asked me about them, not idea but at £17.99 it's serious money. she's got literally thousands of tracks on itunes having paid hundreds ++ over the years for nothing you can hold.

    Keep em!
  • TPEP would like to keep them and am reluctant to sell but have most on CD and to be honest the money would be useful.
  • My brother-in-law had the unenviable task of sorting out my father-in-law's vinyl after he passed away.

    We had no idea how many he had til we started looking in the garage! Half of it was full of them and they're all in mint or next to mint condition.

    He sat down and went through every box, looked up each against somewhere on the web which listed every different version of the record (presuming that is a discography mentioned above?) and came up with a price for each. I had no idea it was such an involved process. He got a stall at Greenwich Market through a friend and sold a small selection of them and made a bloody fortune.

    From his research, he could see there was about 25-30 which potentially were worth a significant amount, so put these aside and went to see an expert, recommended by one of his friends in the music business. Values verified, 5 are off to auction and for the rest there is a substantial offer on the table from a collector. Ridiculous money for what essentially is a 12" plastic plate with grooves in!

    He's going to Camden market in a few weeks to sell the rest. We all wish we could keep them but if you saw the space they take up...

    We did have one cool idea though. We've got a big wall at home for photographs of family memories and stuff like that. We thought we'd take a picture of his CD collection so we had a record of it before it went to the charity shop.

    image
  • Good stuff JB. Clearly I need to do a bit more research. I have two 45's that on the face of it are quite rare but it transpires there were some illegal copies made. I need to check that I have the originals and as there were only 1,000 pressed it seems unlikely. However, like supporting the Addicks I live in hope!
  • I just came here to say bravo on the thread title.
    Goodbye.

  • That's a pretty eclectic CD collection there, JohnBoyUK - everything from Edith Piaf, the Incredible String Band, Jazz and Blues through to the Ramones and Greenday!

  • We have recently moved and my wife wants me to get rid of my vinyl collection, I'd rather get rid of her.
  • Hi Phil.

    I've been selling on Discogs for the last 5 years. If you need any tips, send me a message.

    You need to put a bit of effort in at the beginning grading all your records, but if you have some valuable ones, it ends up being worth it

    cheers

    riadn
  • JohnBoyUK said:

    My brother-in-law had the unenviable task of sorting out my father-in-law's vinyl after he passed away.

    We had no idea how many he had til we started looking in the garage! Half of it was full of them and they're all in mint or next to mint condition.

    He sat down and went through every box, looked up each against somewhere on the web which listed every different version of the record (presuming that is a discography mentioned above?) and came up with a price for each. I had no idea it was such an involved process. He got a stall at Greenwich Market through a friend and sold a small selection of them and made a bloody fortune.

    From his research, he could see there was about 25-30 which potentially were worth a significant amount, so put these aside and went to see an expert, recommended by one of his friends in the music business. Values verified, 5 are off to auction and for the rest there is a substantial offer on the table from a collector. Ridiculous money for what essentially is a 12" plastic plate with grooves in!

    He's going to Camden market in a few weeks to sell the rest. We all wish we could keep them but if you saw the space they take up...

    We did have one cool idea though. We've got a big wall at home for photographs of family memories and stuff like that. We thought we'd take a picture of his CD collection so we had a record of it before it went to the charity shop.

    image

    I have the essential Louis Jordan, great compilation!
  • Sponsored links:


  • Rollin' Records in West Wickham, or Vinyl Boutique in Camden. If you go, tell them Perry sent ya...
  • We have recently moved and my wife wants me to get rid of my vinyl collection, I'd rather get rid of her.

    Have you told her yet?

Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!