Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fosu - Who is responsible for signing this lad?

Comments

• Options

did we get him on a free?

Not quite, Reading got a development fee I believe
    Which most likely has a sell on % as well which makes it even more important to tie him down to a longer contract. Even if it is that summer 2019 we do end up selling him, we get a good fee.

(Hope that doesn’t happen, except the new contract)
  • Options
    I was excited by him in Dublin pre season. Managed a brief chat with him and he was really humble and down to earth.

As much as Robbo talked a lot of shit he definitely has a good eye for talent
  • Options
    Very few players have the instinct to know when the challenge is coming in and be extra strong at the point you need to be. He has this and it is what the very top class players have. I saw it after only 20 minutes in our friendly against Barnet and it was a jaw dropping moment for me.

We will have to sell him at some point, but we need to use him to get us as high as possible and thus in a position to sell him for the big bucks when we finally do. He will play for England.
  • Options

No doubt there'll be a Driesen tweet at some stage.

Where is that tool these days?
  • Options
    What i liked, other than his skills at beating players. He got proper kicked around all game but gets up and keeps going at them, that is very hazardesque, obviously a bit OTT but it shows a great attitude when teams are going to come after him as they cant get near him.
  • Options

I recognised his potential even before he was born.

I recognised it before I was born
  • Options
    drewman said:

No doubt there'll be a Driesen tweet at some stage.

Where is that tool these days?
    Sitting in his underpants playing Football Manager.

• Options
    Hope the injury is minor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes, he didn't look two bad walking off but must be a doubt for the next two games at least!
  • Options
    Any word from the club on Fosu’s injury yet?
  • Options

Any word from the club on Fosu’s injury yet?

Nothing as far as I'm aware other than Bowyers post match comment of:

'All I know is he’s got a bad groin-come-thigh type muscle so I don’t Kmow'.
  • Options
    I am guessing it would be a mild groin strain, but that is normally a couple of weeks for recovery unless it is very mild. A severe strain and he could be out for the season, but the fact that he walked off was promising.
  • Options
    Agreed, I’m hoping we can nick a win Thursday without having to use him.

Potentially then bring him on for half hour Sunday when we will hopefully be on course for the final!
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Great news as long as he is completely over his injury. Thursday isn't do or die, we still have potentially 2 more matches to go.
    Depends how we're doing at Half-Time, if we're already 3-0 down it might well be
  • Options
    Charlton star Tariqe Fosu returns to training ahead of Shrewsbury games

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/936834288?-11197:833
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really good news to have Fosu back, also notice they’ve got a price drop at PC World on washing machines, according to the OS, crazy times...
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Great news as long as he is completely over his injury. Thursday isn't do or die, we still have potentially 2 more matches to go.
    Stick him on the bench. Make sure there is someone else there who can be brought on in that position if we suffer an early injury - Joe Aribo, or KaiKai, or Marshall, for example, and only use Fosu if it's an emergency, like we're 4-0 down at half time and need a major rescue job to still be in with a chance on Sunday.

There is a precedent for us missing a huge player like this in the play-offs - Mendonca missed the second leg vs Ipswich in 98. We still won and what Mendonca did next is the stuff of legends.
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Stick him on the bench. Make sure there is someone else there who can be brought on in that position if we suffer an early injury - Joe Aribo, or KaiKai, or Marshall, for example, and only use Fosu if it's an emergency, like we're 4-0 down at half time and need a major rescue job to still be in with a chance on Sunday.

There is a precedent for us missing a huge player like this in the play-offs - Mendonca missed the second leg vs Ipswich in 98. We still won and what Mendonca did next is the stuff of legends.
    Robinson after injury was only on the bench at Wembley, while Mortimer missed the squad completely. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions, and go with the players who are fit.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Scoham said:

Robinson after injury was only on the bench at Wembley, while Mortimer missed the squad completely. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions, and go with the players who are fit.
    In the days of 3 subs, to be fair, I'm sure Morts would have made the bench if they allowed 7 subs back then, but yes agreed. I think Fosu has the potential to have such an impact on how dangerous we are in attack, he has to be on there if he is fit enough to be involved, but we use him as a last resort, at least on Thursday. I was gutted Morts didn't make it at Wembley and Neil Heaney started but Heaney played well, and all three subs made big contributions from the bench, Jones and Robbo with assists, Stevie Brown with the greatest tackle in the history of football, and Robbo and Brown both scoring penalties so it was all good in the end.

If we're going to do it this year, we'll need more than just Fosu to be a hero, they'll all have to play their part. Maybe even Kaikai.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Nissan. Bollox
  • Options

Nissan. Bollox

Is that your new car?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Or maybe he won’t be available for Thursday but it’s better for the oppo to think he will be?

Or maybe he is definitely ready but it’s better for the oppo to have doubts.

Or, if you are reading Paul Hurst* I’d think about the fact that we have a well functioning team as long as we leave Kaikai out of it even without Fosu.

Have some of that.

*edited
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Or maybe he won’t be available for Thursday but it’s better for the oppo to think he will be?

Or, if you are reading Paul, I’d think about the fact that we have a well functioning team as long as we leave Kaikai out of it even without Fosu.

Have some of that.

I am reading
    And thanks for that
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Or, if you are reading Paul, I’d think about the fact that we have a well functioning team as long as we leave Kaikai out of it even without Fosu.

Have some of that.

I am reading
    And thanks for that
    Paulie. Don't think this was aimed at you but another Paul from Wales, who because he is a big bloke offers out anyone who disagrees with him. I reckon he has threatened violence against more Charlton fans than an entire Millwall home crowd.