Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Boozer in the City.

The Hatchet....close to my work and sells decent real ales. I used to like the Market Porter but haven't visited since the refit.

Yours?

Comments

• Where's the Hatchet? The new Fullers place that's opened up in Abchurch Yard (The Vintry) does a decent pint.
  • depends if you want a quiet beer, or something a bit lively.

i think the london stone is great for its quirkiness, while deacons has always been a long term favourite back in the day when there wasn't many lively bars round here.
  • I work literally 30 yards from the Hatchet....like it....just next to Mansion House tube station on Garlick Hill

I also like the Old Doctor Butlers Head on Masons Ave - where I'm heading shortly to watch the match....
  • Deacons- it always kicks off in there.

The Hatchet is near Mansion House tube.

The Counting House is quite good, might bump into you and Curb-It one day.I'm sure she'd be thrilled.....lol
  • Off to Valentes for the footie...
  • Antone know of a decent pub round the st.pauls/blackfriars/Temple area that you can watch the game on Monday Night. Please not the Walkabout! Before you say it! I cant afford to go Fulham!
  • Doggetts!
  • ah Blackfriars Bridge, Thanks.
  • edited October 2006
    Market Porter is still good - was in there last night.

Favourite uptown boozer is the Lamb, Lambs Conduit Street. Not exactly in the City though.
  • [cite] ns_eb_rj_s?:[/cite]Before you say it! I cant afford to go Fulham!

LOL you can't afford the ticket but can afford to drink in a city pub !

The footbal would be the cheaper option for me at the moment !