Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Hopefully Holmes and Big Josh next.
  • Err, this is all going rather well at the moment.
  • I think if Holmes was going to sign he would have done it by now. I expect him to go to a Sheff Utd on July 1st
  • edited June 2017

I think if Holmes was going to sign he would have done it by now. I expect him to go to a Sheff Utd on July 1st

still on holiday, hoping it will be done when back.

I might be wrong as well but seems the s united rumours have gone quite.
  • Good to show the club have backed him seeing that he's just back from his first long term injury.

Hope as well there are no recurrences this season... He can be a big part of the team
  • I think if Holmes was going to sign he would have done it by now. I expect him to go to a Sheff Utd on July 1st

Why July 1st?
  • Its nice to read something where KM hasn't thrown her two pence worth in.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is good news. Pearce is of the quality needed to mount a promotion challange. More now please.
  • Pearce signed a 3 year deal last year, so why offer an 12 month extension now when he still had 2 years left on his current deal. Win win for Pearce, if he has received a wage increase as well.

Holmes and Magennis with 12 months left on their contracts are more pressing than this strange extension.
  • shirty5 said:

Pearce signed a 3 year deal last year, so why offer an 12 month extension now when he still had 2 years left on his current deal. Win win for Pearce, if he has received a wage increase as well.

Holmes and Magennis with 12 months left on their contracts are more pressing than this strange extension.

It's only strange if Mac and Ricky havnt been offered an extension also.

• shirty5 said:

Pearce signed a 3 year deal last year, so why offer an 12 month extension now when he still had 2 years left on his current deal. Win win for Pearce, if he has received a wage increase as well.

Bloke had 2 years left. Why the panic?
  • shirty5 said:

To deter bidders, to remove a contract clause/release fee clause

They might not be back from holiday yet, or are still discussing terms.

Just because their deals run out sooner doesn't mean they have to sign extensions before anyone else
  • edited June 2017
  • Good news as he's an important player at the back, we need a leader there
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Bloke had 2 years left. Why the panic?
    Well regardless it's good isn't it. We can all agree on that. Don't see the need to pull this one apart.

• He is a John Terry type of guy and its great that he is happy at CAFC, if we can keep him fit for the season then we will be progressing.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

It may be that the club want to reduce the annual wage bill, offer him a little less but with an extra year could be an option i suppose.

Club reduce wage bill per annum a little and he knows he has that extra year settled with a young family. Win win.
  • shirty5 said:

It may be that the club want to reduce the annual wage bill, offer him a little less but with an extra year could be an option i suppose.

Club reduce wage bill per annum a little and he knows he has that extra year settled with a young family. Win win.
    I seriously doubt that. I expect it is because he has a good year and wanted a pay rise and we agreed if he added a year. I can't see any player signing an extension with a pay cut. He'd just stay on the same money and leave for free in two years and get a pay rise then.
  • At last I can post a smiley face. This is a positive move - he is a proper defender.
  • colthe3rd said:

"Talismanic"?

I like him but that's a bit much.

Agreed - he played 23 games last season.
  • barstool said:

He is a John Terry type of guy and its great that he is happy at CAFC, if we can keep him fit for the season then we will be progressing.

Does this mean he's going to turn up everywhere in full kit? Hope his mum doesn't make one of those embarrassing videos...
  • Really good news, he seemed to be good for Konsa's development too so it's a double win.

This is our most successful summer for a long time so far - let's hope it all doesn't go dramatically down hill !

Mate (who is a Northampton fan) reckons he might even end up at Brighton....can't see that myself Sheff Utd more likely I'd guess.

Mate (who is a Northampton fan) reckons he might even end up at Brighton....can't see that myself Sheff Utd more likely I'd guess.
    He's obviously a decent player but i don't think he's premier league level

He's obviously a decent player but i don't think he's premier league level
    Agree...good enough for Championship though....lets hope he stays.