Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Great fish puns again, reel them in for Christ's sake
  • Options
    Was trying to think of a fish pun but I’m floundering..
  • Options
    Was trying to think of a fish pun but I’m floundering..
    You need someone to whelk you out?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Sometimes I don't know whether to pull the Trigger on the more vague puns from the Margins or do i go with the more obvious ones that you don't need to be a brain sturgeon to get?

Either way back on the takeover subject I hope Dalman doesn't need any more time to Mullet over.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    According to accounts, CAFC made £1.34M in commercial revenue in 2017-18. By comparison here is the commercial revenue for all Championship Clubs the year before that, as supplied by SwissRamble. As one can see, CAFC enters our new division with a mammoth shortfall in commercial turnover to sign (or even re-sign) players compared to our competition. Even if we have clauses in our contracts that allow us to double our commercial contract payments (which I have not heard any evidence of), then even at £2.7M per year, we are bottom of the barrel in commercial revenue sources in The Championship. Anyone have any info on this situation or what our options are? Anyone know if more recent deals are more lucrative? Or how can get our commercial to the upper half of the division (exclusing parachuted clubs) of roughly £5-9M?

• Options
    edited June 2019
    According to accounts, CAFC made £1.34M in commercial revenue in 2017-18. By comparison here is the commercial revenue for all Championship Clubs the year before that, as supplied by SwissRamble. As one can see, CAFC enters our new division with a mammoth shortfall in commercial turnover to sign (or even re-sign) players compared to our competition. Even if we have clauses in our contracts that allow us to double our commercial contract payments (which I have not heard any evidence of), then even at £2.7M per year, we are bottom of the barrel in commercial revenue sources in The Championship. Anyone have any info on this situation or what our options are? Anyone know if more recent deals are more lucrative? Or how can get our commercial to the upper half of the division (exclusing parachuted clubs) of roughly £5-9M?

Burton made 3m?

TBF selling one player could make the difference between nothing and lots?
  • Options
    Winning in almost any area is done at the margin. If other clubs in the division have an extra £1-9M per year to spend from just this one source, we are toast, and it does not matter who owns us. Look at Ipswich... they have currently £2.65M more just in commercial than we did last year. That money, if we made it and deployed it to Aribo and Bauer, signs them easily, and then some. Now imagine having all these clubs with the extra millions year after year after year. It's grim.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Yes, it’s a significant structural problem within the business and has been for some time. It’s being slightly overstated by outsourcing - the club only receives the profit in some areas, not the gross revenue, while other clubs will include cost of sale in their revenue - but it’s an issue.
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    I dont think we will hear much from lee this week not unless it's already agreed!!!
    Like Lee I like playing with my rod at weekends too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sell our club.
  • Options
    Sale of Charlton since April  2017:

Omnishambles.
  • Options
    Some suggest we should stick with RD.

Only idiots and trolls
  • Options
    That carp must be only marginally more slippery that Twoshits!
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    If I was to kill everyone making fish puns there isn't a caught court in the land that would give me any worse than community service.

• Options
    Chill.
    Lickspittle man doesn't turn up for crisp crumb inspection  gazing into the middle distance as the clock winds down, until tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:
    If I was to kill everyone making fish puns there isn't a caught court in the land that would give me any worse than community service.

Uboat said:
    If I was to kill everyone making fish puns there isn't a court in the land that would give me any worse than community service.
    You would still be GILLty though.
    I absolutely knew that was going to happen. It's okay though, because those are the posts that will have the jury shaking their heads in sympathy and the prosecuting lawyer slumped with head in hands. 
  • Options
    FishingUboat said:
    If I was to kill everyone making fish puns there isn't a court in the land that would give me any worse than community service.

• Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    I dont think we will hear much from lee this week not unless it's already agreed!!!
    Like Lee I like playing with my rod at weekends too
    Yeah, at least Lee’s fingers will smell of fish.
  • Options
    This isn't the plaice for stupid fish puns.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Didn’t someone (Crawley ?) say that we ought to know more about Dalman in 48 hours ? That was on Thursday I think.
  • Options
    Didn’t someone (Crawley ?) say that we ought to know more about Dalman in 48 hours ? That was on Thursday I think.
    think that was the Cardiff reporter. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:

You cant be sure on that, at worst you could end up in a Pene-TENCH-iary for life!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Uboat said:
    Surely you mean Krill everyone
  • Options
    Acworth on top form this morning.

Long tweetings about how he is a family friend of Status quo and David Bowie no less. His relative wrote Starman and made all of their guitars.

.....oh..and his non league shortlist is out.
    So if you're reading this Roland/Lee get on it.

If you don't Guardiola will!
    Now claiming he recommended Bonne to Charlton.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!