Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I think you are right @Airman Brown - but I don't really remember, it was a loooong time ago. :)  
  • Mal said:
    Dave from The blog "Drinking During The Game" stated this today in his blog : "Finally, I heard mutterings from several sources last night that "he will be gone in three weeks" and twice that an American consortium was in talks to end the Duchatelet nightmare. Given history, we have to be sceptical but it will happen one day and soon would be tremendous"
    Hope this is true, but if he hasn't sold us at any point in the past 18 months (the timeframe in which we're led to believe he decided he'd had enough) then i can't see him deciding to sell now we're potentially flirting with promotion to the premier league.

If you were him you wouldn't sell now, you'd at least wait another 2-3 months and see if we can keep the good form up, as if Bowyer could pull off miracle number 2 then he gets his money back.
  • If he is getting the money he wants then he will sell now instead of gambling on an unlikely promotion.
  • 1998, '' And Ilic has saved it ''
    Best game ever played at Wembley
  • Mal said:
    Dave from The blog "Drinking During The Game" stated this today in his blog : "Finally, I heard mutterings from several sources last night that "he will be gone in three weeks" and twice that an American consortium was in talks to end the Duchatelet nightmare. Given history, we have to be sceptical but it will happen one day and soon would be tremendous"
    Hope this is true, but if he hasn't sold us at any point in the past 18 months (the timeframe in which we're led to believe he decided he'd had enough) then i can't see him deciding to sell now we're potentially flirting with promotion to the premier league.

If you were him you wouldn't sell now, you'd at least wait another 2-3 months and see if we can keep the good form up, as if Bowyer could pull off miracle number 2 then he gets his money back.
    If you were Roland you do something ridiculous and stupid. Like sell the club now and then see it re-sold next season for double or triple what you sold it for.
  • Mal said:

All he has to do is put a clause for promotion to trigger an additional fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone who's anyone knows any legit rumor deadline should be 2 weeks in length, amateurs!
  • razil said:
    Anyone who's anyone knows any legit rumor deadline should be 2 weeks in length, amateurs!
    That is sooooo league 1. Championship is so much more.
  • no its generally optimal as a time frame for any take over rumour, just out of reach but enough to pique the interest
  • Sage said:
    Gutted I missed page 1995. Crazy to think @ForeverAddickted started secondary when I would only have been about 2-3 weeks old.

Just have to settle for being 2 in 1997.

The page numbers are the most exciting thing on this thread now.

I wonder if we get to page 2020 before the turn of the new year, the internet will just explode..?
    Everyone is waiting with baited breath to find out the year canters lost his virginity!
  • Sage said:
    Gutted I missed page 1995. Crazy to think @ForeverAddickted started secondary when I would only have been about 2-3 weeks old.

I wonder if we get to page 2020 before the turn of the new year, the internet will just explode..?
    Everyone is waiting with baited breath to find out the year canters lost his virginity!
    That reads like you’re hopeful it’ll happen in 2020 mate....if that’s true then I wish you good luck...
  • Still no ceo then.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Sage said:

That reads like you’re hopeful it’ll happen in 2020 mate....if that’s true then I wish you good luck...
    Came close in 2013.
  • Back in the day, Grandson Jimmy organized a competition (first guess) and I'm sure as everyone's date was passed, there was just One man standing, who said December 2020.

From memory I'm sure the prize was a Week in Benidorm with Thomas Cook.

Who was mystic meg ?
  • Sponsored links:

• BUMP

just found this thread languishing on page 2 !!!!
  • Sage said:

*bated 

(I have nothing else to contribute to the thread right now, but just wanted to see it bumped again) 
  • BUMP

Page 2 and beyond is where it belongs. Roland is eyeing the premiership, nobody is breaking down his door to buy us and all the fans are as happy as larry. 
  • Chizz said:
    Sage said:

*bated 

(I have nothing else to contribute to the thread right now, but just wanted to see it bumped again) 
    *baited

I also have nothing to add, but it was clearly a fish pun ;)
  • cafcpolo said:
    Chizz said:
    Sage said:

*bated 

*baited

I also have nothing to add, but it was clearly a fish pun ;)
    Master baited my fishing rod
  • BUMP

It's actually been halfway down page 3 before.

No point bumping IMO unless something actually happens. Can see Roland sticking around while The Premier League is in sight it's the only way he'll get his money back if we get there.
  • BUMP

It's actually been halfway down page 3 before.

No point bumping IMO unless something actually happens. Can see Roland sticking around while The Premier League is in sight it's the only way he'll get his money back if we get there.
    But we never will with him as owner. Just sell the club...
  • Takeover update

LDT talked through the various interested parties referenced previously.

The group linked to the Australians

LDT said they are still active. He said they were at semi-final against Doncaster Rovers and at the play-off final at Wembley. He said they have also been to games this season. He said he is still in contact with them and that they are still working on a deal. He said he takes them seriously as they are serious business people but he wonders if they can ever finalise the deal. He said that after the final at Wembley it was very close with Australians but very suddenly it didn’t happen. LDT was asked if this was because the price went up. LDT said the price didn’t go up.

Second group

LDT said this group has been ruled out. He said they failed in delivering the money.

Fifth group

LDT said the group went away, then came back. He said they have gone away again but they have not officially confirmed that they have stopped the process but he added that he reads the newspapers. 

Additional

LDT said he is in fresh talks with new groups and that they have signed NDAs. He said that negotiations with these parties have not begun yet as they have yet to submit concrete documents like proof of funds. He said NDAs have been signed in recent weeks but that doesn’t mean that the parties are close. He said with the second group and fifth group no longer on the scene, he can’t just focus on a group (the Australians), who he has been speaking with for 20 months.

Richard Wiseman (CAST) said the club is in a better position now than when it first was put up for sale and that LDT is saying the price has not changed. He said given these two bits of information, why is there not more interest? LDT said the price hasn’t changed and that there is new interest in the club. He said though that a lot of Championship clubs are for sale. RW asked if there are actually a lot of Championship clubs for sale. LDT said there are, he referenced Leeds United as an example. He added that Roland Duchatelet (RD) wants to be careful who he sells the club to and he doesn’t want to sell it to an owner who may put the club’s future at risk, LDT gave examples of Bolton and Bury. 

Ian Wallis (Bromley Addicks) said it has been repeatedly said that the ex-director loans are not an issue but then it has been hinted by the club that they are an issue.

LDT said a new owner can take over the club with liabilities still in place. He said a party who makes a problem about liabilities is looking for money to have freehold over the assets. 

RW said LDT had been showing groups around last weekend and two weekends before. LDT said that he indeed showed groups around.  

IW asked if given the recent success, is RD losing interest in selling the club and is he tempted to pump money in and get to the Premier League?

LDT said RD is not losing an appetite to sell and he doesn’t thing RD will overspend in an attempt to get into the Premier League. 

Barnie Razzell (City Addicks) asked if rumours were true a CEO was soon to be appointed.

LDT said that a CEO is not soon to be appointed. 

• second group ruled out coz they failed to deliver the money, aussies not ruled out coz they are rd's mates and never have to deliver the money
  • edited October 2019
    If he is getting the money he wants then he will sell now instead of gambling on an unlikely promotion.
    This^
    I can't click 'like' cos I can't bring myself to like or endorse anything the rancid old liar ever does.
    "...gambling on an unlikely promotion..."  or gambling on anything football related is probably a million miles from anything the decrepit lunatic has ever considered.  He's bumbling around in his own special funk, never wrong about anything, 'not doing failure'.  He's decided that CAFC and its business is worth €Xmillion up front or €Ymillion for the club + €Zmillion p.a. in rent for the land'n'buildings.  X,Y&Z change with the wind and just as unpredictably.  I'd wager they've been different for each & every bidder and probably moved during any of the alleged negotiations.  Based on  tony the crook failing to substantiate his own ownership to the satisfaction of the courts, it must be tough for roly to satisfy actual businessmen precisely what he owns, what it owes, when and to whom.  Tying down a deal to transfer that to a sensible bidder would be hard enough even before you factor in the quixotic old loser and his senile shamblings.
    Should A.N. Other bidder offer up the figure that happens to be echoing around the toxic ringmaster's cranium at that precise moment he'd probably agree to a sale.  Exactly what the buyer would then acquire only time will tell.  Any doubts over what roly actually got from tony, will continue to see sane, solvent buyers walk away.

"... Roland Duchatelet (RD) wants to be careful who he sells the club to and he doesn’t want to sell it to an owner who may put the club’s future at risk..."
    the italicised bit might be true but the reason given  is a cynical distortion.  RD wants to be careful for sure, not that CAFC is in safe hands, cos WTF difference will that make to him?  How simple does he think we are?  He'll want to sell to someone who doesn't insist on indemnities against skeletons emerging in the future and hidden/forgotten/contingent liabilities cropping up post sale.  Roly will be after "sold as seen".  He wasn't careful enough, he disregarded the £7M directors' loans as inconsequential, and who knows what else.  He may have been seduced by the phoney baloney peninsular property BS and has been smarting ever since.  Eventually his financial pain will subsume his ego and pride to meet the offer of a future buyer.  Til then we're stuck with the preposterous relic, so might as well enjoy Bowyer's abiding achievements, but not a penny more kids.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!