Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    People need to take a deep breath and regain their composure.

It's got to the point where I've seen four or five different posters make up random quotes in the last 24hrs that makes ESI sounds like Roland Mk II. When you look at the actual source, it says nothing of the sort.

"League one wouldn't be a disaster" turned out to be "we have a contingency plan in case of relegation" for which I'm glad to know we wouldn't be up the creek without a paddle & "I will make a decision the fans won't like in February" is actually "if i have to make business decisions that fans don't like, so be it" and I'm thinking where did February come from???
    People have taken that out of context and massively overdone their expectations.
    I think the issue of "massively overdone expectations" is a result of a lazy assumption by many of us at the outset, that we are being bankrolled by a Sheikh.
    I suspect that many still believe, or at least harbour the hope, that the Sheikh will at some point drive the financial momentum that pushes us towards the top.
    If that isn't the case, which it seems, I would actually like it if Matt Southall could categorically rule out any future involvement by the Sheikh so that everybody knows exactly where we stand.
    Then it will be a case of how much of his personal wealth HE wants to throw at the project.
  • Options
    I don’t really understand this continues expectation that we will or ever should know how much money will be out in, when and and by whom.

HE Tahoon Nimer is the Chairman of ABDB, this has until recently been known as the private office of Sheikh Saeed bin Tahoon al Nahyan and has been for many years. He runs interests in over 60 (or 80 can’t recall) businesses across the world in this capacity.

Over the last few days the website for ABDB has been updated to say that it is now the Private Office of Tahoon Nimer.

Very few people will know why the rebranding or whether anything has really changed and very few people will ever know.

Consistently linking Charlton ownership to a very wealthy Sheikh family certainly vacant have helped get deals done at a reasonable price. 

I’m still hoping we get to a stable championship budget this year and next and then keep going. I fear we may not get there but I am hopeful we will.

Clearly Bowyer, JJ, Marshall signings, a few decent signings hopefully including a perm or two would help and if Lyle signs up again then even better. 
  • Options

It's got to the point where I've seen four or five different posters make up random quotes in the last 24hrs that makes ESI sounds like Roland Mk II. When you look at the actual source, it says nothing of the sort.

"League one wouldn't be a disaster" turned out to be "we have a contingency plan in case of relegation" for which I'm glad to know we wouldn't be up the creek without a paddle & "I will make a decision the fans won't like in February" is actually "if i have to make business decisions that fans don't like, so be it" and I'm thinking where did February come from???
    People have taken that out of context and massively overdone their expectations.
    I think the issue of "massively overdone expectations" is a result of a lazy assumption by many of us at the outset, that we are being bankrolled by a Sheikh.
    I suspect that many still believe, or at least harbour the hope, that the Sheikh will at some point drive the financial momentum that pushes us towards the top.
    If that isn't the case, which it seems, I would actually like it if Matt Southall could categorically rule out any future involvement by the Sheikh so that everybody knows exactly where we stand.
    Then it will be a case of how much of his personal wealth HE wants to throw at the project.
    But MS keeps saying, along the lines of "everyone knows how rich are owner is and who is backing us" and saying that is pushing asking prices up.

If he is referring to HE that's not true is it?  Yes he is rich beyond our wildest dreams as individuals, but would struggle to personally funds us to the extent Brighton, Bournemouth or Derby have been.  Let alone Man City or PSG. 

• Options

Yep. the Marquee signings bit has been massively taken out of context too. when he said the phrase "there will be marquee signings" it was in the context of Lyle's contract offer and talking about 'the model'. He was accepting that there are players worth breaking the model for - in fact he was saying there are some players you have to break the model for to get or keep hold of. It was at this point he mentioned Shearer at Newcastle when Bowyer was there - he implied that he was on a significantly higher wage than the rest of the squad but that worked because he was a "marquee player". 

At no point did Matt say anything about "there will be marquee signings" in reference to this window. 

Isn't that almost exactly what RD or KM said when we signed Igor? 
  • Options
    Marquee was a great music venue, I just wanted to say that, thank you and good day
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I understood the marquee signings to apply if we ever reach the premiership.

It's always best to go for marquee signings in the prem.
     Man city made all their marquee signings when they were in the prem.

Have a look at clubs that have made marquee signings outside of the prem.
    It usually never ends very well.
  • Options

I understood it that the fella from Peterborough was called Mark Key.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    On record of having a five year plan to get to the Premier League which by any standard is very ambitious. They didn’t have to say anything about a five year plan but chose to do so and have therefore increased both expectations and pressure. Naive or confident ? I’m guessing and hoping that we will see some half decent signing over next couple of weeks and providing relegation can be avoided the summer will tell us all we need to know. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    ADBE registered at same office address as Panoramic Magic General Consulting:.

https://adbd.ae/

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12312818/filing-history/MzI1MzYxMjI2N2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Emirates Islamic Building
    Oud Al Touba Str.
    Al Ain
    UAE

ADBE website now also states it is the Private Office of H.E. TAHNOON NIMER, not the Sheikh... Hmmmmmmm. 

Changed back to the Sheikh
  • Options

What about his brother, Mark Kus. 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

What about his brother, Mark Kus. 
    From Eldorado?
  • Options
    Nah that was Mark Koos :-)
  • Options
    Now Bowyer is signed I am so much happier, in fact after that performance tonight I am just feeling so much better. 

Players coming back, the seniors starting to look like their old selves, and Cullen, he just steadies the defence so much. 

So I'm all chill again.... #bipolar
  • Options
    Is this thread about to disappear from the first page and never to be seen again, hopefully?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Is this thread about to disappear from the first page and never to be seen again, hopefully?
    Only if people stop posting on it.

Oops.
  • Options

Yep. the Marquee signings bit has been massively taken out of context too. when he said the phrase "there will be marquee signings" it was in the context of Lyle's contract offer and talking about 'the model'. He was accepting that there are players worth breaking the model for - in fact he was saying there are some players you have to break the model for to get or keep hold of. It was at this point he mentioned Shearer at Newcastle when Bowyer was there - he implied that he was on a significantly higher wage than the rest of the squad but that worked because he was a "marquee player". 

At no point did Matt say anything about "there will be marquee signings" in reference to this window. 

Matt Southall said "there will be marquee signings, there will be players for whom we need to go over and above if we feel they will strengthen the team".  But the words he used immediately before this were "The players we're trying to bring in now...". 

So, it's right that he did not, specify that marquee signings would be made in the current transfer window, he did preface the "marquee signing" comment with the the word "now".  

"Now" might not mean in this current window.  But, I am struggling to work out what it does mean, if not. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just remember that the thread starter got a notification message for every post!

Goodbye old girl, you did us proud
    Your place in Charlton history is secure.
    Will the thread be turned into a book with a copy kept in the museum?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Just remember that the thread starter got a notification message for every post!

Goodbye old girl, you did us proud
    Your place in Charlton history is secure.
    Will the thread be turned into a book with a copy kept in the museum?
    No
  • Options
    WIOTOS
  • Options
    It's been fuckng epic... I never thought I'd see the day it closed... 

Fuck off Roland 😂😂
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    1528 - bubonic plague breaks out in England.

Starting what became the @happyvalley history lesson on every page, back in 1528 (almost a year ago in February 2019). Got to be worth a promote.

Definitely. He did a great job. 
  • Options
    Highlight for me (other than any of my posts) was the Snide remark ?

We had the green light, Yipee.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!