Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:
    ADBE registered at same office address as Panoramic Magic General Consulting:.

https://adbd.ae/

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12312818/filing-history/MzI1MzYxMjI2N2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Emirates Islamic Building
    Oud Al Touba Str.
    Al Ain
    UAE

ADBE website now also states it is the Private Office of H.E. TAHNOON NIMER, not the Sheikh... Hmmmmmmm. 
    What's it mean then ?.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    ADBE registered at same office address as Panoramic Magic General Consulting:.

https://adbd.ae/

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12312818/filing-history/MzI1MzYxMjI2N2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Emirates Islamic Building
    Oud Al Touba Str.
    Al Ain
    UAE

ADBE website now also states it is the Private Office of H.E. TAHNOON NIMER, not the Sheikh... Hmmmmmmm. 
    What's it mean then ?.
    It means @henryirving gets another few pages of satisfaction and inches ever closer to 8m views
  • BobMunroe, Bet365 is only a complicated business because of tax avoidance issues.

• I think it would be disastrous to go down, especially if this stalling by ESI is partly to blame. 

Survival this year in the Championship would be a real boost and maintain the momentum in ambition for the club.  Relegation is a real downer that would cast doubt on the ownership, further pessimism amongst the fans and impact on the attendance and atmosphere around the Valley.  I've lost count of the clubs who over estimated their ability to gain promotion from League One.

With each passing game the chance to gather the required points recedes.  Chaucer noted in the 1300s that Time and tide waits for no man and that is still true today.  We need action now to stop the rot and that starts with Lee Bowyer's signature.  

Are they stalling or is it the Market?
    Lets not forget our chairman knows how the transfers work, having been an agent.
    if players are asking for too much then let them walk.
    The right players will become available, but at the money nearer to what the club consider reasonable 
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    mascot88 said:
    for Southall to be talking about League One not being a disaster is awful

Where did Southall say this?

Misquoted.
    He was asked about his plan and he spoke.
    he was asked about league one and he said that of course there’s a contingency plan.
    never said it’s not a disaster 
    Surely thats a good thing?

Relegation isnt ideal but at least we're not f**ked if we go down like what we would have been under Roland

Provided we keep the majority of our team I'd back us to do what we did after relegation from the Premier League in 98/99
    Not that easy though is it. Ask Sunderland for example. Of course you’d like to keep the majority of the team but unfortunately a lot of them would want to move on. League One isn’t easy to get out of, not in the right direction at least.
  • I think it would be disastrous to go down, especially if this stalling by ESI is partly to blame. 

Survival this year in the Championship would be a real boost and maintain the momentum in ambition for the club.  Relegation is a real downer that would cast doubt on the ownership, further pessimism amongst the fans and impact on the attendance and atmosphere around the Valley.  I've lost count of the clubs who over estimated their ability to gain promotion from League One.

With each passing game the chance to gather the required points recedes.  Chaucer noted in the 1300s that Time and tide waits for no man and that is still true today.  We need action now to stop the rot and that starts with Lee Bowyer's signature.  

Stalling? In what way?
  • CafcSCP said:
    mascot88 said:

Misquoted.
    he was asked about league one and he said that of course there’s a contingency plan.

Relegation isnt ideal but at least we're not f**ked if we go down like what we would have been under Roland

Provided we keep the majority of our team I'd back us to do what we did after relegation from the Premier League in 98/99
     Yep here's what he said:
    Southall said also that provisions are in place should Charlton be relegated this season, and that a return to League One would not impact significantly the club’s ability to generate revenue from Gulf sponsors.
  • We're going to take up 2% of his time aren't we?
  • CafcSCP said:
    mascot88 said:

Misquoted.

Not that easy though is it. Ask Sunderland for example. Of course you’d like to keep the majority of the team but unfortunately a lot of them would want to move on. League One isn’t easy to get out of, not in the right direction at least.
    Probably not the best example as they've ended up in League One thanks to the way they were run - would compare them to us when we went down the first time along with Leeds

If you take a look at the well equiped sides like Leicester / Norwich / Wolves, they've all bounced back as they've had the infrastructure yet just had a bad year the season before

Of course that would hinge on us keeping the likes of Lockyer / Williams etc. those who have the experience of League One combined with the talent to get out of it

If we have to massively rebuild after relegation then yeah it will be harder
  • Chunes said:
    Trying to get out of League One again? No thank you. There are no guarantees we ever would and it has to be one of the ugliest leagues in the world to escape from. 

We are a Championship club and we belong in the Championship. We shouldn't be OK with yo-yoing between L1 and D1. 
    Not saying that we should be okay with yo-yoing between the Divisions

I'd hope that if we did go down two things would happen

(1) We'd bounce back at the first attempt, of course not naive enough to think it'll happen that easily
    (2) We'll recruit better in the summer and so make life back in the Championship easier

After all its not helped that we didnt really get to the closure of the August Transfer Window in the best of conditions under Roland
  • Strange how people read things.
    I asked for clarity on their plans for relegation some weeks ago and glad the question has been asked to them directly.

I don't see the answer as being we would be happy with relegation. Jeez reading some of the comments this morning some now believe they are actually hoping it happens?

For me, it's just some reassurance that should the worst happen it won't be the end of the world. Which I was hoping they would say.
    Of course, talk is the currency of choice for this lot. We could wake up on the first morning of relegation and find their unpacked cases already on a flight back to Abu Dhabi!
  • Sponsored links:

• Strange how people read things.
    I asked for clarity on their plans for relegation some weeks ago and glad the question has been asked to them directly.

I don't see the answer as being we would be happy with relegation. Jeez reading some of the comments this morning some now believe they are actually hoping it happens?

For me, it's a)just some reassurance that should the worst happen it won't be the end of the world. Which I was hoping they would say.
    b)Of course, talk is the currency of choice for this lot. We could wake up on the first morning of relegation and find their unpacked cases already on a flight back to Abu Dhabi!
    a)Not the end of the world ? Why get involved if you don't want to spend some money to try & keep the club in the Championship

b) Exactly what I'm thinking, they've bought nothing, (they just have the running costs to deal with.) They can cut & run at any time
  • edited January 2020
    Strange how people read things.

For me, it's a)just some reassurance that should the worst happen it won't be the end of the world. Which I was hoping they would say.
    b)Of course, talk is the currency of choice for this lot. We could wake up on the first morning of relegation and find their unpacked cases already on a flight back to Abu Dhabi!
    a)Not the end of the world ? Why get involved if you don't want to spend some money to try & keep the club in the Championship

b) Exactly what I'm thinking, they've bought nothing, (they just have the running costs to deal with.) They can cut & run at any time
      I think we are starting to get a little bit carried away with assumptions that they have no money.

They managed to get the deal over the line with Duchatelet for a start. And we all know he was asking for well above what most ,if not all were willing to pay.
    And if Duchatelet thought there was a chance of this lot not coughing up he wouldn't of touched them.

We then move onto the EFL.
    An establishment that had its arse so badly chewed over the Bury, Bolton etc misdemeanors.
    They took considered time to sanction the deal. Presumably thoroughly satisfying themselves that ESI had the clout to finance and run the club on a good footing for years to come.

Move on to the transfer window.
    As others have mentioned this one is a bit of a nonsense.
    And we have never really been involved as a serious player in it for many a year due to Duchatelet. Unless of course we had someone to sell, and the Belgian was never a man to drive a hard bargain. The moment his price was met off they would go. No add ons required to benefit the club in the future.
     We might get the odd player or two in on loan, but this would usually be off of the back of the bigger deals being done. We would just wait for the scraps. 
      The way it's playing out this year is how it plays out most years for those looking to spend some money.
    They make the offers and have to sit back and wait for players with pound notes firmly stuck over their eyeballs to make a decision.
    And they will just as soon as they have finally had enough of playing clubs off against eachother to try and get more and more dollar. It's how it works

But let's look at the facts. We've made an offer for Maddison. Meeting the £ multi million  buy out clause in his contract. Poshs chairman was happy with that and let us speak to the player. We made the player an offer. And again the Posh chairman agreed it was a good offer.
    Does that sound like the behaviour of an establishment without a pot to piss in?

it's a game of bluff and double bluff.
    The likes of Maddison are more than likely taking the piss. So too to some extent Taylor. But they are quality players and there is a lot of interest. 
     Unless you are going to throw stupid money at them you just have to let things play out, and I believe that is what is happening.

The clock is ticking on decision day and we are well in the mix for once. Strap up. This is going to go right down to the wire

Stalling? In what way?

I just got the impression that these guys were super efficient and professional.  They were rumoured to be all over the club before the actual purchase.  I assumed they'd be ready to sign Bow and his team on day one.  MS is an experienced agent, he knows how it works with players reluctance to join when the managers future hasn't been secured.  They have after all purchased the club in haste to specifically maximise use of the window.

The club's form is in crisis and time is short, don't want to run out of games before things are put right. 

Be more than happy to be wrong btw.

• Does anyone know what football players MS looked after? That would be interesting to know in terms of negotiating skills etc 

Found this about another company he set up back in 2014: https://www.insidermedia.com/news/north-west/107845-football-academy-hopes-score-250k-investment

• edited January 2020
    Is there a returns policy on this purchase?

It looked alright in the package and i was desperate for it but when i got it home and thought about it over the ensuing days it is not quite turning out to be how i thought it would be. It says on the packaging

Https://www.yellow-toothed.belgian-twat.com

But i cannot get on the site!
  • ESI sounds like Roland Mk II
    Glad you cleared it up for us Callum.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!