Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    '..two staged transaction where we've purchased the club and the stadium..'

That was Matt Southall's words in the 'Meet Matt Southall..' video put out by the club.
    So nothing has changed. Nothing new. 
  • Options
    They've done a Simon Jordan and bought the name of the club and the playing and management assets , a few of their contracts run out soon .
    He was selling that stuff for £1,  so fair play they've forked out for that 

• Options
    '..two staged transaction where we've purchased the club and the stadium..'

That was Matt Southall's words in the 'Meet Matt Southall..' video put out by the club.
    So nothing has changed. Nothing new. 
    You have just quoted him saying they have bought the stadium, under a later quote saying they haven't. I would suggest that something has changed 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    14 days after the takeover completed and the Takeover thread is still going on

Viva la Takeover Thread!
  • Options
    There does seem to be a bit of an undercurrent of dislike of this mob in some quarters, because they haven't done any of about 200 very important things, after just a few working days into ownership 
    Dislike or distrust so far ?  The priority when they came in so we were told was to get get LB signed up on a long term deal & discussions had been held as far back as October. We are now halfway through January, transfer targets are asking questions as to how long LB will be here. As an ex agent MS should be aware that players would be asking this question & still we're waiting for LB to sign.

We were told that ESI had bought the club & The Valley with a commitment to purchase SL within 6 months. It now turns out that we haven't bought The Valley after all. So he's lied about the Valley. What other lies will we be told ?

Mr Chairman, give me a ring when the things that you have promised have actually been completed. See you in league one.
    In all honestly, I dont think MS was 100% sure of everything he spoke about either in the first interview, or the first press conference. In both I thought there was a lot of repetition of the same thing or cliche. He spent more time talking about "reconnecting with the community", than he did talking about the nuts and bolts of the deal. But this is the alternative to RD and I don't think we've not got a lot of choice but to sit and trust them for the moment. 
  • Options
    So presumably we're paying the Belgian rent ?
  • Options
    I wouldn't have thought so if it's part of the overall deal
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Lol if this is the case this site will go into meltdown. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol if this is the case this site will go into meltdown. 
    Well do you think that he's going to let us play there for nothing while he still owns the site ? So it must be rent whether it's actually included in the sale price or as a separate figure. A bit like renting a house :smile:
  • Options
    @The Red Robin

This is the MS interview as printed in the last home programme.
  • Options
    So maybe the Trust interview was mistaken or the OS was mistaken and MS misspoke but they are not saying the same thing.
    The video's online, to me it sounds like he's saying we have already bought the club and the ground and the rest (i.e. the training ground) will follow suit. Something's not adding up.
  • Options
    I've been checking up on the Companies House website now and again and Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is still in RD's name. That could be down to the time it takes them to update it, but that is the case
  • Options
    No contract renewals, no proof they own the stadium, no signings. What's going on? 
  • Options
    I'm fine with the fact the wording says they have a legal obligation to buy The Valley and Sparrows Lane.

Concern would only have been if had been said as an option to buy both.

I see no issue here.

This is how I took it.

But I'm genuinely intrigued to see why others are concerned? Maybe I've missed something.

Separating ownership of the club and ground hasn't gone too well previously at Charlton.  See 1985 to 1992.

But there is a legal obligation to purchase in six months which could be in the club's next tax year ie 2 July 2020.

It does beg the questions "why?" and "Why did MS say that we'd bought the Valley?"

NB asking questions is NOT the same as hating the new owners, wetting the bed or having a "meltdown".  It's a question
    I didn't mean you, and I totally accept questions should be asked, but I still think there are people who are not keen on ESI regardless
    That's football.
  • Options
    No contract renewals, no proof they own the stadium, no signings. What's going on? 
    No idea
  • Options
    The estate agent dropped the keys round so they must own the Stadium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    My understanding is that it is the freehold ie the land of The Valley that sits in CAFC Holdings. Responsibility for and ownership of the stadium ie the buildings is with the Football Club.
  • Options
    My understanding is that it is the freehold ie the land of The Valley that sits in CAFC Holdings. Responsibility for and ownership of the stadium ie the buildings is with the Football Club.
    That actually makes it worse doesn't it? 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    From the article:

While on the subject of the takeover, I ask Southall to clarify the structure of the deal. He confirms that ESI now own Charlton Athletic Football Club Limited and have a “legal obligation” within the next six months to complete the purchase of Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited, where the freehold of both the training ground and The Valley sit as assets. “Our first conversation with Roland’s representative was in mid to late August – you can’t even buy a house in three months. There is no need at all for fans to get concerned.” He is being true to his stated aims of openness and honesty, though given this club’s history, even a temporary separation of the footballing side from the assets will make some supporters jittery.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Do we actually know what ESI have paid for CAFC Ltd? We know they've deferred the (£15m) purchase of CA Holdings Ltd for six months. It's possible they bought the club (CAFC Ltd) for a nominal sum just to get the paperwork done, with a promise to pay say the final amount, say £60m, at the end of the season. Would make sense if they wanted to buy the club very quickly. Might also explain why they haven't yet dealt with the directors' loans (if it's the case that they haven't).

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Do we actually know what ESI have paid for CAFC Ltd? We know they've deferred the (£15m) purchase of CA Holdings Ltd for six months. It's possible they bought the club (CAFC Ltd) for a nominal sum just to get the paperwork done, with a promise to pay say the final amount, say £60m, at the end of the season. Would make sense if they wanted to but the club very quickly. Might also explain why they haven't yet dealt with the directors' loans (if it's the case that they haven't).

Roland would never agree to that, by the end of Jan i think there will be a lot of people on here eating a lot of humble pie.

Nobody knows the conversations that are currently happening behind the scenes, that is the way it should be. The new owners are engaging with the fans as much as they possibly can at this stage.

Do we really expect them to give us full access to all conversations on contract negotiations?

Chill out people, we have a serious investor now owning our club, he has made his intentions known 5/6 days ago at the press conference, without exception then everyone seemed happy. Now all of a sudden because they have not confirmed Bowyers deal and signed any players there are people suggesting they have other motives.

Not saying you James, just in general. All this negativity, takes up so much energy.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Do we actually know what ESI have paid for CAFC Ltd? We know they've deferred the (£15m) purchase of CA Holdings Ltd for six months. It's possible they bought the club (CAFC Ltd) for a nominal sum just to get the paperwork done, with a promise to pay say the final amount, say £60m, at the end of the season. Would make sense if they wanted to but the club very quickly. Might also explain why they haven't yet dealt with the directors' loans (if it's the case that they haven't).

Roland would never agree to that, by the end of Jan i think there will be a lot of people on here eating a lot of humble pie.

Nobody knows the conversations that are currently happening behind the scenes, that is the way it should be. The new owners are engaging with the fans as much as they possibly can at this stage.

Do we really expect them to give us full access to all conversations on contract negotiations?

Chill out people, we have a serious investor now owning our club, he has made his intentions known 5/6 days ago at the press conference, without exception then everyone seemed happy. Now all of a sudden because they have not confirmed Bowyers deal and signed any players there are people suggesting they have other motives.

Not saying you James, just in general. All this negativity, takes up so much energy.

I'd say it's mainly nervousness, rather than negativity, from most people.
    Personally it doesn't bother me if they've deferred payments in order to speed things up. I trusted them when they said that's the case.
  • Options

Former #cafc director loans have not been repaid and they have not be told by ESI what is happening, despite pre-December discussions. Still waiting for takeover to be posted on Companies House to understand structure of deal without training ground freehold.
    Turn it in. They’ve barely owned the club 2 weeks.
    Why did you open the takeover thread if you didn't want to read the latest status of the takeover?

Thanks for posting,  Airman.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    ADBE registered at same office address as Panoramic Magic General Consulting:.

https://adbd.ae/

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12312818/filing-history/MzI1MzYxMjI2N2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Emirates Islamic Building
    Oud Al Touba Str.
    Al Ain
    UAE

ADBE website now also states it is the Private Office of H.E. TAHNOON NIMER, not the Sheikh... Hmmmmmmm. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!