Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Not trying to be a killjoy but please don't read so much into so little.

Instagram badges or locations don't mean it's done.

Visiting executive boxes or coming to games, good though they are in themselves, doesn't mean it's done.

Meeting with Bowyer doesn't mean it's done.

The Aussies did came to games and met Gallen. Meire did lots of smiling met and greets early on.

I AM NOT SAYING SOUTHALL IS MEIRE OR KNOCKING WHAT HES DOING. ITS ALL GOOD BUT ITS NOT, YET, A TAKEOVER.

EFL Approval and change of ownership at companies house with a statement on the OS mean it's done.

So far it's 0% done.  That could change to 100% done very soon, I don't know, but there is nothing in between.

Fingers crossed it happens and soon.
    That's not strictly true.

A bid has been accepted, statement released, meeting with Bowyer about the plans going forward, the EFL interviews have taken place.

Obviously it's not 100% done, but to me that's a lot more done than 0%. 0% would be if they hadn't even had a bid accepted by RD.
    We’ve not had a house sale analogy for a while but if you have an offer on your house, had a visit by a surveyor, appointed lawyers the sale is still not done. It’s only done when the contracts are signed and even then it’s not done although there would be financial penalties by not going through at this point. The sale is done on completion. 

The sale of CAFC as Henry says is 0% done at this point.
  • MrWalker said:
    Not trying to be a killjoy but please don't read so much into so little.

Instagram badges or locations don't mean it's done.

Visiting executive boxes or coming to games, good though they are in themselves, doesn't mean it's done.

Meeting with Bowyer doesn't mean it's done.

The Aussies did came to games and met Gallen. Meire did lots of smiling met and greets early on.

I AM NOT SAYING SOUTHALL IS MEIRE OR KNOCKING WHAT HES DOING. ITS ALL GOOD BUT ITS NOT, YET, A TAKEOVER.

EFL Approval and change of ownership at companies house with a statement on the OS mean it's done.

So far it's 0% done.  That could change to 100% done very soon, I don't know, but there is nothing in between.

Fingers crossed it happens and soon.
    That's not strictly true.

A bid has been accepted, statement released, meeting with Bowyer about the plans going forward, the EFL interviews have taken place.

Obviously it's not 100% done, but to me that's a lot more done than 0%. 0% would be if they hadn't even had a bid accepted by RD.
    We’ve not had a house sale analogy for a while but if you have an offer on your house, had a visit by a surveyor, appointed lawyers the sale is still not done. It’s only done when the contracts are signed and even then it’s not done although there would be financial penalties by not going through at this point. The sale is done on completion. 

The sale of CAFC as Henry says is 0% done at this point.
      So is Matt Southall that creepy type of buyer who sits on your front lawn all day waiting for you to move out?
    Unlikely, but Roland is the type of tight twat to roll up the lawn turf and take it with him as he leaves 
    This. 
    He’ll fly van-de-Graf and tiny tommy winkles out to unscrew all the bloody light bulbs before he hands the keys over...that’ll be another couple of days delay...
  • Danepak said:

I don't get the relevance of this? 

If it was anything related to us, then surely he'd be flying to London.
    Maybe he wants to be proper Charlton and catch the train
    Maybe he is visiting his family for Christmas. 
  • They will be smart enough to know that until the deal is done, they could still face another rival buyer coming in. That was the case in 2014. So I suppose the "all but done" public look, and especially the positive response of the fanbase, serves to discourage a late entrant. 
  • Just an observation but wouldn’t someone like Tahnoon Nimer fly by private jet ?
  • Just an observation but wouldn’t someone like Tahnoon Nimer fly by private jet ?
    Emirates first class ✈️😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Good enough for me. 

• I don't get the relevance of this? 

If it was anything related to us, then surely he'd be flying to London.
    PSG got a Christmas sale on
  • It's been next Monday or Tuesday the last two years even with the Aussies.
  • Off_it said:
    Good enough for me. 
    If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me ....
    (& it’s good enough for 3) it’s what I wanna see...👍
  • Red let's hope you're right and the new people are going to back up Charlton as a sporting institution.
  • I'll respect his right to privacy but I happen to know who Henry Irving is. All I'll say is his colleagues tell me he's always asking for a promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think everyone needs to just calm down a bit and restrain from dramatic panicked posts. Closer than ever, just sit back and enjoy our  10 game streak and begin to panic again if Cawley or the likes say it has fallen through
    Calm don telling everyone to calm down 
  • Off_it said:
    Good enough for me. 
    If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me ....
    And me
  • Well, so many have said we need to calm down, so I have, and decided to use my time looking ahead, so, isnt £150,000,000 a bit to much of an asking price for the sale of our club?. just askin.
  • veracity

noun
    1. conformity to facts; accuracy.
      "officials expressed doubts concerning the veracity of the story"
      Similar:
      truthfulness
      truth
      accuracy
      accurateness
      correctness
      exactness
      precision
      preciseness
      realism
      authenticity
      faithfulness
      fidelity
      reputability
      honesty
      sincerity
      trustworthiness
      reliability
      dependability
      scrupulousness
      ethics
      morality
      righteousness
      virtuousness
      decency
      goodness
      probity
      Opposite:
      falsity
      • habitual truthfulness.
        "voters should be concerned about his veracity and character"
    Translations and more definitions

Web results

VERACITY | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
    4 days ago · veracity definition: the quality of being true, honest, or accurate: . Learn more .

PEOPLE ALSO ASK

What is an example of verac

Web results

Veracity definition is - conformity with truth or fact : accuracy. How to use veracity in a sentence. Did You Know?
    Veracity | Definition of Veracity at Dictionary.com
    noun, plural ve·rac·i·ties for 4. habitual observance of truth in speech or statement; truthfulness: He was not noted for his veracity. conformity to truth or fact; accuracy: to question the veracity of his account. correctness or accuracy, as of the senses or of a scientific instrument. something veracious; a truth.
    Veracity definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
    Veracity definition: Veracity is the quality of being true or the habit of telling the truth. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
    veracity (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
    Define veracity (noun) and get synonyms. What is veracity (noun)? veracity (noun) meaning, pronunciation and more by Macmillan Dictionary.
    Veracity dictionary definition | veracity defined - YourDictionary
    veracity definition: The definition of veracity is truthfulness or accuracy. (noun) An example of veracity is the historical correctness of a biography; the veracity of ...
    veracity - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
    Veracity sounds like some kind of disease you don't want to catch, but in fact, it means truthfulness. If you question the veracity of a statement or story, you ...
    veracity - Wiktionary
    EtymologyEdit. From Middle French véracité, from Old French veracitie, from Medieval Latin vērācitās (“ truthfulness”), from Latin vērāx (“truthful, speaking truth”), ...
    veracity noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford ...
    Definition of veracity noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and ...
    imagehttps://www.definitions.net › veracityctiveracityveveveracityct
  • next 48 hours crucial
  • bobmunro said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    razil said:
    Maybe he’s meeting Roland in Paris
    To collect the keys
    Any other revelations from the back of the cab mate?
    Been busy? What time do you finish?
    Busy as usual for this time of year. I don’t work weekends though. Mon-Fri for me is enough 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Prague - Would you please STOP attempting to reveal individuals personal names against their user names. That’s twice now in recent weeks. It’s not on. 

If you want to reveal your personal details to others that’s entirely up to you. By please respect everyone else’s right to anonymity should they wish. 

Same for Soundas and for everyone else.
    Dear AFKA,
    I've never really understood why anonymity is needed. I'm sure there's a good reason, I've just never stumbled upon it. 

It's not IMHO that it's needed but for some it's desired.

Given the abuse some get from elsewhere I can see why.

Plus we're not all as vain as @bobmonro to use our real names 😁
    Just wondered if there would be so much trolling (especially elsewhere) if people had to put their real names to it? 
    Whilst trolling is still an issue here, to use almost any form of social media one must have attached their ID card to the account, it's not displayed publicly but it certainly makes things a lot easier for the authorities.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!