Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I don't get the relevance of this? 

If it was anything related to us, then surely he'd be flying to London.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Prague - Would you please STOP attempting to reveal individuals personal names against their user names. That’s twice now in recent weeks. It’s not on. 

If you want to reveal your personal details to others that’s entirely up to you. By please respect everyone else’s right to anonymity should they wish. 

Same for Soundas and for everyone else.
    Dear AFKA,
    I've never really understood why anonymity is needed. I'm sure there's a good reason, I've just never stumbled upon it. 

It's not IMHO that it's needed but for some it's desired.

Given the abuse some get from elsewhere I can see why.

Plus we're not all as vain as @bobmonro to use our real names 😁
    Just wondered if there would be so much trolling (especially elsewhere) if people had to put their real names to it? 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Prague - Would you please STOP attempting to reveal individuals personal names against their user names. That’s twice now in recent weeks. It’s not on. 

If you want to reveal your personal details to others that’s entirely up to you. By please respect everyone else’s right to anonymity should they wish. 

Same for Soundas and for everyone else.
    Dear AFKA,
    I've never really understood why anonymity is needed. I'm sure there's a good reason, I've just never stumbled upon it. 

It's not IMHO that it's needed but for some it's desired.

Given the abuse some get from elsewhere I can see why.

Plus we're not all as vain as @bobmonro to use our real names 😁
    Just wondered if there would be so much trolling (especially elsewhere) if people had to put their real names to it? 
    I totally agree.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Exactly my thoughts... he doesn’t need to make it cheaper by having a stop over 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe he’s meeting Roland in Paris
  • Options

Picking up Neymar for talks at Sparrows Lane tomorrow I believe. Cover for Bonne and Taylor. 
  • Options
    Not trying to be a killjoy but please don't read so much into so little.

Instagram badges or locations don't mean it's done.

Visiting executive boxes or coming to games, good though they are in themselves, doesn't mean it's done.

Meeting with Bowyer doesn't mean it's done.

The Aussies did came to games and met Gallen. Meire did lots of smiling met and greets early on.

I AM NOT SAYING SOUTHALL IS MEIRE OR KNOCKING WHAT HES DOING. ITS ALL GOOD BUT ITS NOT, YET, A TAKEOVER.

EFL Approval and change of ownership at companies house with a statement on the OS mean it's done.

So far it's 0% done.  That could change to 100% done very soon, I don't know, but there is nothing in between.

Fingers crossed it happens and soon.
    If that was the case then they shouldn’t have said a word until it was completed.
    He would be more suited to helping Nathan and his groundsmen the amount of time he spends rolling on the pitch.
  • Options
     is this confirmation the Belgium has gone? 

• Options

Not according to Henry !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Btw. What date is that?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    razil said:
    Cash only, no PayPal 
  • Options
    Not trying to be a killjoy but please don't read so much into so little. Hi

Visiting executive boxes or coming to games, good though they are in themselves, doesn't mean it's done.

The Aussies did came to games and met Gallen. Meire did lots of smiling met and greets early on.

I AM NOT SAYING SOUTHALL IS MEIRE OR KNOCKING WHAT HES DOING. ITS ALL GOOD BUT ITS NOT, YET, A TAKEOVER.

EFL Approval and change of ownership at companies house with a statement on the OS mean it's done.

So far it's 0% done.  That could change to 100% done very soon, I don't know, but there is nothing in between.

Killjoy 
  • Options
    Not trying to be a killjoy but please don't read so much into so little.

That's not strictly true.

A bid has been accepted, statement released, meeting with Bowyer about the plans going forward, the EFL interviews have taken place.

Obviously it's not 100% done, but to me that's a lot more done than 0%. 0% would be if they hadn't even had a bid accepted by RD.
    100% negotiated, 0% done
  • Options
    I am speculating here.
    You have Roland via his henchman looking hard to sell the club. People get shown round or get near like the Australians or that photographed Forest bloke and whoever. They are told it's 60 million quid.
    People baulk at that and there are loads of dead ends.
    Along comes someone who says 'how much for your club?', gets told '£60 million', the someone says 'sure OK I'll pay that'. In the back office Roland and his henchman grin and high five each other.
    'Go ahead and do whatever checks you want, £60 million will be fine, we agree the sale'.
    In that scenario Duchatelet does not do significant checks as he is too busy dreaming about where and how to spend the anticipated £60 million, indeed he may think he will leave the detail for the EFL to deal with.
    The EFL come in and do the stringent stuff that Duchatelet should have done, and that is where the hold up sits. Where is the money? What is it's source? How will it be paid? Are there reliable ongoing funds? Supply proof and evidence.
    Now the buyers may be credible eventually. But their credibility will not have been explored by Duchatelet in his greedy excitement, it is left to the EFL, and their standard of proof is much higher than Duchatelets.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I am speculating here.
    You have Roland via his henchman looking hard to sell the club. People get shown round or get near like the Australians or that photographed Forest bloke and whoever. They are told it's 60 million quid.
    People baulk at that and there are loads of dead ends.
    Along comes someone who says 'how much for your club?', gets told '£60 million', the someone says 'sure OK I'll pay that'. In the back office Roland and his henchman grin and high five each other.
    'Go ahead and do whatever checks you want, £60 million will be fine, we agree the sale'.
    In that scenario Duchatelet does not do significant checks as he is too busy dreaming about where and how to spend the anticipated £60 million, indeed he may think he will leave the detail for the EFL to deal with.
    The EFL come in and do the stringent stuff that Duchatelet should have done, and that is where the hold up sits. Where is the money? What is it's source? How will it be paid? Are there reliable ongoing funds? Supply proof and evidence.
    Now the buyers may be credible eventually. But their credibility will not have been explored by Duchatelet in his greedy excitement, it is left to the EFL, and their standard of proof is much higher than Duchatelets.
      That was always going to be the case though wasn't it?
    Roland really doesn't give a shit if this mob have enough dough to keep us as a going concern.
    As long as he gets his cut he's a happy man.
  • Options
    razil said:
    To collect the keys
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    razil said:
    To collect the keys
    Any other revelations from the back of the cab mate?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    razil said:
    To collect the keys
    Any other revelations from the back of the cab mate?
    Been busy? What time do you finish?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!