Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    ads said:
    This is pretty speculative which is why I haven't published it elsewhere or earlier, but there is solid information there were interested parties in block C at the Preston game. These guys are the ones who stand out in that area. If someone knows who they are that could maybe rule them out?
    They look like they've just dropped in after a funeral
    None of the above are wearing shiny new scarves. Nothing to see her....
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    That is very true J Block... just wondered why they took in our game. They were probably in London and just decided to take in our game. 
    Rudders22 said:
    That is very true J Block... just wondered why they took in our game. They were probably in London and just decided to take in our game. 
    Or they could be interested in buying the club ?
  • Options

I can also see Jeremy Corbyn, Rolf Harris, Edwin van der Sar and Grouty (from Porridge) in that photograph.
    I can see a fan we call Captain Underpants, but he's definitely not a buyer.
  • Options
    In The Sun article the young lady next to Roly, seems to hiding her identity as she has suddenly realised the shame of being associated with Roly.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Haven’t read the thread for a few pages, so apologies if this is already common knowledge, but sounds like Muir is in with the Americans, and there may well be a meeting planned in the US, as the Sun has claimed. A deal is supposed to be ‘close’.
    Whether anything actually happens is another matter of course. Been here before ;-)
    Peter Kenyon involved?.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Haven’t read the thread for a few pages, so apologies if this is already common knowledge, but sounds like Muir is in with the Americans, and there may well be a meeting planned in the US, as the Sun has claimed. A deal is supposed to be ‘close’.
    Whether anything actually happens is another matter of course. Been here before ;-)
    I'll take the most miniscule spot of light at the end of this never ending tunnel, James, so it's thanks from Fanny.

With the January window fast approaching, surely it would be a good time for new owners to come in ? 

( Hmmm. VOTV late......Could AB be waiting on the confirmation of some imminent news? :-) )
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I'll take the most miniscule spot of light at the end of this never ending tunnel, James, so it's thanks from Fanny.

With the January window fast approaching, surely it would be a good time for new owners to come in ? 

( Hmmm. VOTV late......Could AB be waiting on the confirmation of some imminent news? :-) )
    I like your thinking 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    They’d be in the directors’ box if that was the case and the tickets would be organised by Chris Parkes, not LDT.
  • Options
    Peter Kenyon does look a bit like Bob Whitehand
    That is the same coat. So for avoidance of doubt it's definitely  Peter Kenyon at the valley with a group of tie wearing men. Maybe they are just doing some due diligence (option apprasial type thing?) before lumping on a distant northern club.
  • Options
    Never mind that.
    Who's the skirt sat next to Roland?

Dirt dishing opportunity?
    Dana Luzon, one of the few good things about the network manager years!

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/dana-luzon-and-roland-duchatelet-president-of-standard-news-photo/533500346
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Peter Kenyon involved?.
    Not that I’ve heard. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I've looked at the link regarding Newcastle and if you scan further down there is a tweet from Alan Nixon saying  that peter Kenyon brokers deals and the Charlton one is 'live' whatever that means?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-news-live-kenyon-17305918

and then click on Peter Kenyon trying to broker a deal for Charlton further down the page.
  • Options

This is pretty speculative which is why I haven't published it elsewhere or earlier, but there is solid information there were interested parties in block C at the Preston game. These guys are the ones who stand out in that area. If someone knows who they are that could maybe rule them out?
    Second from the left George Smiley 
  • Options
    ads said:
    They look like they've just dropped in after a funeral
    Tbh the probably thought they'd arrived at one 
  • Options
    Wasn't this the game that Muir was rumoured to be going to as well and Muir was photographed? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look out for these two

We were prewarned
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Figured it out...He actually didn't come back to this seat after half time, which was strange.mmm
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I've not read this thread either, but have also heard that Muir is in with the Americans and there may be a meeting planned in the US. A deal could be close.

If anyone wants any more inside knowledge just pm me.

Edited. I have now unexpectedly received a number of pms, so I apologise for being a touch sarcastic.

I don’t get you. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    One is an unimpeachable source, the other is The Sun ;-)
  • Options
    It’s happening!
  • Options
    As an aside.....

Crystal Palace are within weeks of confirming a £215million takeover of the club.

The deal could be done before Christmas although usual last-minute snags and negotiation delays may see the process drift into the new year.

City sources have revealed the process of passing the Premier League owners’ and directors’ test will begin this week.

The source of the money behind the takeover bid remains a mystery.

But it is believed to be a diverse consortium of wealthy individuals and companies from different parts of the world.

The prospective new owners have emerged from the four groups who, as reported by SunSport, were courting the club in the summer.

They included a bid with links to former Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra — and another based in America.

Progress stalled when forward Wilfried Zaha handed in a transfer request.

Potential buyers were cautious about proceeding while the future of Palace’s best player was uncertain and also wanted to see how the club started the season.

But it is understood one group never went away and has been holding regular meetings with the club and its representatives in the intervening months.

And it is now all systems go to complete a deal for an Eagles side who sit 13th in the table after yesterday’s 2-1 home defeat to Liverpool.

Josh Harris and David Blitzer, the American financiers who are in co-control of Palace with chairman Steve Parish, have wanted to sell up for some time.

It is understood the consortium aims to buy the whole club, including Parish’s 18 per cent holding and the stakes of minor shareholders, at a cost of about £185m.

Clearing £30m or so of debt would take the initial value of the deal to £215m.

But Parish would stay on to help steer the club into a new era.
  • Options
    Scots are back in...

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Lost in France err Welling ( sorry Airman :-) )
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!