Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1983, The £1 coin is introduced also the CD goes on sale for the first time.
  • Options
    My ex-boss Bob Ratcliffe is Jim’s brother and was put in as CEO of Lausanne by his brother when he left Swiss Re.

Both are Chelsea fans and the rumours are that they ultimately want to buy that off Obramovich. Really don’t think they have any interest in Charlton 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Just a cotton picking minute. Don't tell me this could have been us. 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49477788
    Wonder how he'd have been received amongst fans what with the way he's made his money

Not exactly the greenest of companies
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Wonder how he'd have been received amongst fans what with the way he's made his money

Chelsea fans love Abramovic and he's made his money in a fairly (very) dodgy way
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Uboat said:

@Anna_Kissed would be over the moon
  • Options
    1983, the year I was born. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wow! Everyone! It was the year @CAFCTrev was born! 😉
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wow! Everyone! It was the year @CAFCTrev was born! 😉
    He looks a lot older.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Fear not everyone: Jonathan Acworth is on the case!

im putting together a consortium to buy out roland ive already had 3 replies from people sent out prob more get back next week if anyone likes help get involved email me and perhaps we can remove roland out before january

— Jonathan Acworth-Waldegrave (@JonathanAcwort1) August 25, 2019

tidied up a bit...
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I was born this year too
  • Options
    Not been on this thread for a few weeks. Disappointed that it has only reached page 1983
  • Options
    Not been on this thread for a few weeks. Disappointed that it has only reached page 1983
    The takeover thread = a world of disappointment
  • Options
    Not as disappointed as @Henry Irving 

#nopromote.
  • Options
    I have heard a takeover rumour, happyending is taking over from happyvalley 2021
  • Options

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    I have heard a takeover rumour, happyending is taking over from happyvalley 2021
    It’s happening!
  • Options
    But then only gave Lee a one year contract which as things stand looks like being close to the most stupid thing Duchatelet has done and there is a lot to choose from.
    There may have been some logic in this though, most new owners of football clubs will want to bring in their own man to manage the team.  It would certainly not endear any new owners to us fans if Bowyer were to be booted out, but if it is true what we have been led to believe before, those entities doing due diligence need to 'sign off' on budgets etc. and may not want Bowyer on a long term contract meaning they have to pay him off if owner and manager have different visions for the medium-term future of the club.  

If, however, Duchatelet is not likely to sell for another year, it is another in a long line of mistakes which have blighted his tenure as owner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since a sale doesn't seem like it's happening any time soon...Time to play Devil's Advocate.

Someone acquires the club, but not the stadium and training ground.

The club ground-shares for a few seasons, or rents The Valley for a bit whilst a new stadium is built (assuming a suitable site is identified) by the new owners.

The new owners are wealthy enough, and ambitious.  We end up with a new purpose built stadium and training ground, albeit eventually.  There is also long-term stability.

Meanwhile, Roland fails to make a profit on The Valley or training ground.

Would you take it to get rid of The Helmet?
  • Options
    Since a sale doesn't seem like it's happening any time soon...Time to play Devil's Advocate.

The club ground-shares for a few seasons, or rents The Valley for a bit whilst a new stadium is built (assuming a suitable site is identified) by the new owners.

The new owners are wealthy enough, and ambitious.  We end up with a new purpose built stadium and training ground, albeit eventually.  There is also long-term stability.

You heard it here first, Dick Advocaat heading a consortium to buy Charlton. 
    That is a terrible joke. No more please. This is your final Warninks. 
  • Options

We already have a purpose built stadium in the Caribbean 

• Options

Interesting question. For me it would depend where the "suitable site" was. If it was fairly far away, such as out Dartford way, I would say no. However if it was still in Charlton – for the sake of argument let's say the Makro site, where the Sainsburys distribution centre is or Angerstein Wharf – I would say it would be worth it.

It would all come down to the details of the hypothetical deal though.
  • Options

It's happening!
  • Options

That is a terrible joke. No more please. This is your final Warninks. 

Yes agreed, don't let it snowball.

This thread is going all brown and mild...

• Options
    _MrDick said:

Aha - perhaps that's actually what the spivs sold to Roland: the skeleton in the closet preventing a sale? 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Aha - perhaps that's actually what the spivs sold to Roland: the skeleton in the closet preventing a sale? 
    I don’t remember Charlotte from my youth but virgin Gorda rings a bell 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!