Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is there still anybody actively looking to buy the club or have all the recent interested parties now gone away ? 
    Never been for sale...has it...??

arrrrgghhhhhhh...Cmon Roly,u know it makes sense,sell up please...🤞🏻
  • 1981, Peter Sutcliffe, known as The Yorkshire Ripper is sentenced to life imprisonment.
  • 1981, Peter Sutcliffe, known as The Yorkshire Ripper is sentenced to life imprisonment.
    We know how he feels
  • edited August 2019
    All 'interested parties' gone, I think, according to the more reputable sources ie not the Fans' Forum official minutes.
  • Can't believe my birthday year has come around. We probably won't see many more birthday posts on this thread for a while this is about the time of The Selhurst years when it would have been difficult to gain new young fans. At my school I was on first name terms with pretty much all Charlton fans and we were certainly in the minority by some distance too!
  • edited August 2019
    Can't believe my birthday year has come around. We probably won't see many more birthday posts on this thread for a while this is about the time of The Selhurst years when it would have been difficult to gain new young fans. At my school I was on first name terms with pretty much all Charlton fans and we were certainly in the minority by some distance too!
    Eton can be a bit like that I’ve heard.
  • Can't believe my birthday year has come around. We probably won't see many more birthday posts on this thread for a while this is about the time of The Selhurst years when it would have been difficult to gain new young fans. At my school I was on first name terms with pretty much all Charlton fans and we were certainly in the minority by some distance too!
    Eton can be a bit like that I’ve heard.
    Borstal.
    We know how he feels
    I was going to post that this was the year a lovely lady became Mrs TT.

I will resist any further comments. 
    Mine is coming up in a few pages. Was born shortly before the Selhurst move.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    1981, Peter Sutcliffe, known as The Yorkshire Ripper is sentenced to life imprisonment.
    I'd rather you'd celebrated Charlton's promotion under Mike Bailey!

Mike Bai....ley, Mike Bailey, Mike Baileeeeey, etc .....!  :smile:

Edit: Anyone under 50 hasn't got a clue what I'm talking about. Sigh :smile:

• This’ll get this thread going again... random Twitter rumour of a new CEO coming in...

• If he's not going to sell, which seems like the only outcome in the short to medium term, the least he could do is appoint a CEO. 

• edited August 2019
    I take it with the fact that there is no 'Takeover' news that means all potential buyers have now gone? @JamesSeed do you know if  Aussies have now also walked? Is the fans forum due to meet with LVT again soon, perhaps he can shed some light on  whats happened (without lying!!)

EDIT. I meant to add that while watching the Hull game on Sky last night, they were saying Hull have been up for sale for a few years now (think it was 2), at £50m. Now they have received some £10m in transfer fees, the owners may well drop their price!

• Scoham said:
    This’ll get this thread going again... random Twitter rumour of a new CEO coming in...

Roland clearly preparing for next season in the PL
  • Why do we have to have Twitter on here?
  • Scoham said:
    This’ll get this thread going again... random Twitter rumour of a new CEO coming in...

Who wants to be their name being: Matrine Keire?
  • el-pietro said:
    Can't believe my birthday year has come around. We probably won't see many more birthday posts on this thread for a while this is about the time of The Selhurst years when it would have been difficult to gain new young fans. At my school I was on first name terms with pretty much all Charlton fans and we were certainly in the minority by some distance too!
    Mine is coming up in a few pages. Was born shortly before the Selhurst move.
    So it was all your fucking fault...........I might have known.
  • Scoham said:

A mate told me on Sunday that he thought that Roland might be having a change of plan based on a hunch from how the sale price and sponsorship packages had changed.
    He wasn't sure what.
  • Let's hope they are foreign and have a background in academia and the law. Last thing we need now is a grinning bufoon with the negotiation skills of an door stop...  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    If this means Roland may be giving up the idea of selling, I hope someone has a Belgian protest planned and ready to be enacted at short notice, because leopards never actually do change their spots, do they?

By the way, has his new boutique hotel & party venue, Hof van Stayen opened yet?

(Edit: Apparently it has: https://www.truineer.be/nl/sint-truiden/t-hof-van-stayen-opent-de-deuren 
    Anyone booked there yet?  Looks a step up from the Hotel Stayen across the road!

And here is another picture:https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190512_04394412 
    Nice to see Roland has preserved its 17th century charm - Ah, sorry, that's got lost sometime in the past 13 years!)
  • Scoham said:

If true, presumably LDT
  • Let's hope they are foreign and have a background in academia and the law. Last thing we need now is a grinning bufoon with the negotiation skills of an door stop...  
    Don’t worry, he’s talking with Merkel and Macron this week.
  • If only this could happen to us... 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-afc-takeover-msd-capital-1680297

Maybe J  Sartori will sell his 20 per cent of Sunderland and join Charlton instead with his father in law.
  • N01R4M said:
    If this means Roland may be giving up the idea of selling, I hope someone has a Belgian protest planned and ready to be enacted at short notice, because leopards never actually do change their spots, do they?

By the way, has his new boutique hotel & party venue, Hof van Stayen opened yet?

(Edit: Apparently it has: https://www.truineer.be/nl/sint-truiden/t-hof-van-stayen-opent-de-deuren 
    Anyone booked there yet?  Looks a step up from the Hotel Stayen across the road!

And here is another picture:https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190512_04394412 
    Nice to see Roland has preserved its 17th century charm - Ah, sorry, that's got lost sometime in the past 13 years!)
    Not just a hotel but a "party room", well he would wouldn't he ? 200 standing reception ......... CARD time for a meeting ? :-)
  • Is there still anybody actively looking to buy the club or have all the recent interested parties now gone away ? 
    A very good question. My guess is that it has all died a death.

The Belgian will be here for this season, he can see possible premier league pound notes.
  • And if with we are in the top 6 or there abouts by january he might improve Lyles contract, he cant be that stupid not to consider that could he, i think thats why he turned down brentfords offer.
  • Is that Regina
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!