Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The key issue for new owners, apart from injuries which they can't influence, is the number of players out of contract in June. I suspect that Southall's view on the current squad may be "strange".
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Prague - Would you please STOP attempting to reveal individuals personal names against their user names. That’s twice now in recent weeks. It’s not on. 

If you want to reveal your personal details to others that’s entirely up to you. By please respect everyone else’s right to anonymity should they wish. 

Same for Soundas and for everyone else.
    Dear AFKA,
    I've never really understood why anonymity is needed. I'm sure there's a good reason, I've just never stumbled upon it. 

It's not IMHO that it's needed but for some it's desired.

Given the abuse some get from elsewhere I can see why.

Plus we're not all as vain as @bobmonro to use our real names 😁
    Just wondered if there would be so much trolling (especially elsewhere) if people had to put their real names to it? 
    Whilst trolling is still an issue here, to use almost any form of social media one must have attached their ID card to the account, it's not displayed publicly but it certainly makes things a lot easier for the authorities.
    Somehow I think the reason for that isn't to stop trolling on Football sites but limit criticism of a repressive state
    You're certainly right about it's primary reason, however it well for the secondary too, its possible to have one without the other.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Going to say this is done and dusted now. Announcement today. 
    That’s got to be a good sign :D 
    Must have been taken yesterday afternoon. No way the light is that bright this time of the morning. 
  • edited December 2019
    Don't want to piss on no one's cornflakes this morning, but that photo could just be because it's the first time he has visited the ground since his interest began and MS started the ball rolling. Not saying it ain't gonna be happening today or in the next couple of weeks, we'll have to wait and see.

The next 2 weeks are crucial!
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like he has a decent eye for a good photo, in any case.
  • Maybe a woosh but its a stock photo, used by the BBC regularly when reporting on CARD protests, hope its good news but no sign he visited SE7
  • He was in Paris yesterday. I think.
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Maybe a woosh but its a stock photo, used by the BBC regularly when reporting on CARD protests, hope its good news but no sign he visited SE7
    Whether it’s his own photo or not isn’t important. It at least suggests he expects it to happen.
  • If I had to guess, I’d say it’s possibly happening?
  • edited December 2019
    I think it's time for a It's happening gif 
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    HH Tahnoon Nimer is a very high profile businessman running the commercial interests of Sheikh Saeed. Just imagine what his credibility would be to some equally high profile followers if it turns out not to be happening?

"What was all that about then, Tahnoon?"
    "Just a wind-up"

I don't think so.
    That was exactly my first thought, these are serious people involved they're not going to be out to make themselves look like fools.

This is the most confident I've felt that it's really happening since the original announcement.

• That photo is from Google ... 
  • bobmunro said:
    HE Tahnoon Nimer is a very high profile businessman running the commercial interests of Sheikh Saeed. Just imagine what his credibility would be to some equally high profile followers if it turns out not to be happening?

"What was all that about then, Tahnoon?"
    "Just a wind-up"

I don't think so.
    Isn’t the standard excuse “my accounts been hacked” what will be used :-)
  • edited December 2019

This reminds me of a kid waiting to open his presents on Xmas day, checking out all the parcels before he is FINALLY allowed to rip off the wrapping paper!!

• SE7toSG3 said:
    Maybe a woosh but its a stock photo, used by the BBC regularly when reporting on CARD protests, hope its good news but no sign he visited SE7
    Disappointed mate @SE7toSG3

Clearly a photo of the museum's external windows.

Can't wait to check who's signed the visitors' book this week.
  • Critical 2 weeks coming up. 
  • Ultimatum said:

That photo is from Google ... 
    makes me think that it’s happening today even more. Why post an image from google to your Instagram? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!