Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• If they have other takeovers to review right now then I am afraid we are in a queue. They don't have a big team, and some are not EFL staff. I'm firmly in the "let them do it properly" camp. You'd hope that ESI have given Gallen some kind of green light to draw up a wishlist based on a new budget, and that's all he can do anyway until the window opens.
    I have waited 5 years for the f***** to sell, I can wait another 5 weeks.

Just realised that when it goes through you will be back. I think I can wait another 15 years. 
  • To pass the time here is an anagram

Cliff der omen
    Easy.  Fuck off Roland.
  • Try this one..

Athens piping

• If they have other takeovers to review right now then I am afraid we are in a queue. They don't have a big team, and some are not EFL staff. I'm firmly in the "let them do it properly" camp. You'd hope that ESI have given Gallen some kind of green light to draw up a wishlist based on a new budget, and that's all he can do anyway until the window opens.
    I have waited 5 years for the f***** to sell, I can wait another 5 weeks.

Just realised that when it goes through you will be back. I think I can wait another 15 years. 

Lol.
  • Fuck, is Bowyer out of contract? 

• Try this one..

Athens piping
    Fuck off Roland?
  • Seem to remember someone on here, Prague or Airman perhaps, mentioning the Belgium tax year ending on 31st Dec.  Confident it will be done before then, because if there’s one thing RD is, is prudent with money.  Would imagine he’s confident of it ‘officially’ changing hands before then, and would’ve factored this in, particularly as the end is in sight 
  • razil said:
    Perhaps his ownership is too complex, have a word Lieven...
    FFS Lieve off ! 

Lieven's left ! 
    Indeed hon, were you the only one to get the ‘joke’?
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s eating me is we need to start work on transfers pronto 
  • Sage said:
    razil said:
    What’s eating me is we need to start work on transfers pronto 
    The work has started. They know the budget we will have once it goes through, they’ve already started working on targets.

That can't be true. Everyone knows that they sit around doing nothing for months and then just buy a player (whole thing takes 30 seconds on Football Manager so about the same in real life) at the last minute.

• Sage said:
    razil said:
    The work has started. They know the budget we will have once it goes through, they’ve already started working on targets.

That can't be true. Everyone knows that they sit around doing nothing for months and then just buy a player (whole thing takes 30 seconds on Football Manager so about the same in real life) at the last minute.

Yeah of course, heard someone caught Gallen playing a game of snakes and ladders and another game of twister, all in the same day. Light work for him between transfer windows. 
  • Having met Gallen I am confident work has started already on transfers.
    Mind you if Bowyer goes to West Ham all bets are off.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    razil said:

Yeah of course, heard someone caught Gallen playing a game of snakes and ladders and another game of twister, all in the same day. Light work for him between transfer windows. 
    While reading Charlton Life for hints on who to buy until admin banned him.
  • Has anyone made a joke about the EFL's approval process taking longer than the fans forum to release their meeting minutes yet? 
  • Has anyone made a joke about the EFL's approval process taking longer than the fans forum to release their meeting minutes yet? 

No
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Sage said:
    razil said:

Not to worry, he can just follow Acworth on twitter instead.

His latest tip on who we should go for.............Phil Jones. Yes, that's Phil Jones who has 3 years left on his United contract and earns a reported 75k a week.
    When you concider yourself to be next in line to the throne you are entitled to a few luxuries. 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    razil said:

Not to worry, he can just follow Acworth on twitter instead.

His latest tip on who we should go for.............Phil Jones. Yes, that's Phil Jones who has 3 years left on his United contract and earns a reported 75k a week.
    And if he stays at United and doesn’t come to us Golfie wouldn’t want him anyway cos he’s greedy and only at United for the money 
  • uncertainty isn't going to help us bag deals, other clubs who don't have that problem will have an advantage and we are in dire need, but I guess we can still go through the motions, not the same though is it?
  • edited December 2019
    razil said:
    uncertainty isn't going to help us bag deals, other clubs who don't have that problem will have an advantage and we are in dire need, but I guess we can still go through the motions, not the same though is it?
    21 days until the window opens, plenty of time. 
  • Think the EFL should have more transparency over the process and a set timescale to work to for various stages.
  • Think the EFL should have more transparency over the process and a set timescale to work to for various stages.
      I'm pretty sure they are obliged to set a timescale and will have. You and I just don't know what it is. Those directly involved in the transaction will.
    You just have!
  • edited December 2019
    ESI has put a lot of thought behind the confirmation of their takeover by wanting to delivering the news as a Christmas present for Charlton fans.And what a lovely Christmas present and I for one will say with conviction...

“Thank you very much...just what I’ve always wanted!...and then start sobbing”
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!