Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Some of you need to lighten up & chill out. All be done & dusted this week. Both RD & JC will be history by Friday.

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Mal said:
    Off_it said:
    Just one question from me; would any new station have a popcorn stand?
    And a peanut seller... 
    And Hot chestnuts, I remember them being sold on the East terrace.
    Mal......are you sure about that?
    I can remember them being sold in the streets around The Valley but not inside, even then health and safety existed and I doubt an open brazier/fire on a terrace would have been allowed.
    In the late sixties, I remember a guy with a brazier used to come in (when the gates were opened ten minutes before the end of the game) and sell chestnuts on the open space by the side of the South terrace. 
    Yes, I do remember that......but there was never a brazier actually on the terracing.
    all too often we could have done with one .. sometimes on that big open space with just a few thousand in the ground, it was fecking freezin'
    I remember one freezing evening game when it seemed as if old boys were dropping like nine-pins around me on the east terrace.
    Began to worry for my own well-being, and I was a fit young lad back then :)
    Back then of course you will recall it was just St. John's Ambulance volunteers rushing to their aid, with those old hard canvass stretchers held together by 2 long wooden poles!!
    Though we wouldn't have changed it for anything.
    Pedro45 said:
    Mal said:
    Off_it said:
    And a peanut seller... 
    I can remember them being sold in the streets around The Valley but not inside, even then health and safety existed and I doubt an open brazier/fire on a terrace would have been allowed.
    In the late sixties, I remember a guy with a brazier used to come in (when the gates were opened ten minutes before the end of the game) and sell chestnuts on the open space by the side of the South terrace. 
    Yes, I do remember that......but there was never a brazier actually on the terracing.
    all too often we could have done with one .. sometimes on that big open space with just a few thousand in the ground, it was fecking freezin'
    I remember one freezing evening game when it seemed as if old boys were dropping like nine-pins around me on the east terrace.
    Back then of course you will recall it was just St. John's Ambulance volunteers rushing to their aid, with those old hard canvass stretchers held together by 2 long wooden poles!!
    Especially the hot steam rising from the men's urinals on a freezing winters night.... somehow hypnotic and bizarrely surreal.
    That urinal at the very top of the east terrace near the Sam Bartram gate was possibly the most basic I can remember.
    It literally was just a wall.
    In fact, I am not even sure that the "building" had a roof. Can you recall?
    No roof that’s how I used to bunk in!
    Me too. 
  • Options
    Some of you need to lighten up & chill out. All be done & dusted this week. Both RD & JC will be history by Friday.
    Jaundiced Corns?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    If that’s the case, you should get a MaccyD’s delivered to celebrate.
    Treat yourself...
    If you want it to eat Friday I would get your order in now.
  • Options
    Mal said:
    Off_it said:
    And a peanut seller... 
    Mal said:
    Off_it said:
    And a peanut seller... 
    I think they were on sale when chelsea visited one year.
    If it's the same game I'm thinking of, didnt Bobby Tambling score 3 that nite, evening game I believe, they beat us 4-1 if my memories right
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Mal said:
    Off_it said:
    And a peanut seller... 
    Pedro45 said:
    Mal said:
    Off_it said:
    And a peanut seller... 
    Especially the hot steam rising from the men's urinals on a freezing winters night.... somehow hypnotic and bizarrely surreal.
    That urinal at the very top of the east terrace near the Sam Bartram gate was possibly the most basic I can remember.
    It literally was just a wall.
    In fact, I am not even sure that the "building" had a roof. Can you recall?
    Correct, that edifice was like something out of Belsen.....about as welcoming as a severe root canal toothache.
    You’re right, there was no roof........nothing but the best from the Gliksteins.
  • Options
    So just went on newsnow this morning and the most recent article was an EFL statement on Charlton.... shit my pants for a second but they've reposted an old article from August 2018?

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/august/efl-statement-charlton-athletic/

Is it actually happening or is someone from newsnow on the wind up??
  • Options
    So just went on newsnow this morning and the most recent article was an EFL statement on Charlton.... shit my pants for a second but they've reposted an old article from August 2018?

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/august/efl-statement-charlton-athletic/

Is it actually happening or is someone from newsnow on the wind up??
    Just saw this, what the fk are they playing at 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is pure passive aggression from the EFL. They haven't forgotten the Hemed transfer.
  • Options
    This is pure passive aggression from the EFL. They haven't forgotten the Hemed transfer.
    What Hemed transfer? 😉
  • Options
    smacks of severe incompetence by someone, and that they are preparing a statement
  • Options
    I want to know will the new owners speak to the local residents about letting us leave our pushbikes in there garden on match days , used to pay a shilling got a raffle ticket to get back after the game.
  • Options
    Is it proper or are they just dragging their heels ? ESI contacted the EFL 3 weeks ago also why are they interviewing the Belgian? Is that normal practise?I never heard of it before.
  • Options
    Is it proper or are they just dragging their heels ? ESI contacted the EFL 3 weeks ago also why are they interviewing the Belgian? Is that normal practise?I never heard of it before.
    It was all done and dusted a month ago. The EFL just wanted to make us suffer a little longer. FACT!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was when the EFL were in the process of buying us , even they knew he was a waste of time and tried to put the block on it
  • Options
    Somethings going on in light of couple of “transfer stories” which smacks of agents pushing in the media today.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Bubble said:
    Somethings going on in light of couple of “transfer stories” which smacks of agents pushing in the media today.
    Mostly about other clubs wanting to take Taylor and Bonne...
  • Options
    razil said:
    smacks of severe incompetence by someone, and that they are preparing a statement
    Agree. They’ve uploaded the wrong statement. Everyone keep an eye on the EFL website today.
  • Options
    I wonder why the EFL speak to the outgoing owner? 
    Probably to check that there aren't any issues relating to the sale that would later be a problem. Double checking that their understanding of what's being bought matches his understanding of what's being sold.  Satisfying themselves that he isn't selling under duress. That sort of thing.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Probably to check that there aren't any issues relating to the sale that would later be a problem. Double checking that their understanding of what's being bought matches his understanding of what's being sold.  Satisfying themselves that he isn't selling under duress. That sort of thing.
    "ESI huh thought they were huh buying a football cloobe huh? They are wrong, I am only selling some Billboard space huh"
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Well the whole process is holed below the waterline then, FFS.
    That bungling old farce bought whatever it was the spivs told him they were selling, without checking eff all.
    He ponied up £14M after not even bothering to look shit up on Companies House website where he would have learned about the £7M ish (former) directors'  loans.  There's not a cat in hell's chance he could satisfy even his biggest fan that he had the first effing clue what he had bought, fannied around with for 6 years and now hopes to sell for 4 times the price.

Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    Perhaps his ownership is too complex, have a word Lieven...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!