Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    The tests previously were a couple of forms and self-certifying you weren't dodgy, and the EFL have beefed it up because of the complaints, if it takes longer to get a better decision, then so be it
    True, i guess they must have (or at least you'd like to think they have) stronger checks now following the Bury fiasco.
  • Options
    Going into an exam tomorrow, approx 4 hours with no contact to the outside world, praying for some good news when I finish about 5pm.
    Sorry. 'Crackerjack!' won't be back until next year.
    Not gonna lie, this has completely “whooshed” me.
  • Options
    There is no need to worry, it is obvious that it will go through.. Rolly didn't even attend the game on Saturday.

Of course he didnt... He watches on a personal stream
  • Options
    Macronate said:

The one big thing that worries me is that the EFL were at one stage going to buy us following such demands made by Roland.

As they failed the fit and proper persons test, those in power at the EFL may now see this as a vengeful way of getting back at us by rejecting ESI's takeover bid.

You alright mate?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    _MrDick said:
    From Dave White’s Twitter ....

A little early I know but ‘we’re on our way’ #cafc
    Perhaps he boarded the 'Valley Away' coach at Larkfield.
    He should make Derby away on the 30th then. 
  • Options
    It's a conflict of interests if the EFL interview our potential owners.

Maybe the EFL still want to buy us... 
  • Options
    I wonder why the EFL speak to the outgoing owner? 
    Presumably to confirm that he is selling!
  • Options
    There is no need to worry, it is obvious that it will go through.. Rolly didn't even attend the game on Saturday.

Of course he didnt... He watches on a personal stream
    Every game live, except when he is caught out at a restaurant while Charlton are playing  :)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Surely has to be a done deal if Matt is tweeting this 
    Of course it's a done deal!!
  • Options
    Bit disappointed I thought Ibrahimovic would have been first free signing 😲 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Good point that. X 
  • Options
    hoping it gets announced Weds next week and new owners first game is the Sky v Hull one.
  • Options
    And some people bleat about the Aussie bid dragging on for two years.

Assume this was the Jonathan Sainsbury bid in 2010 that also involved Lee Amis

Interview with Duchatelet?  "Huh 1.5%, huh, none of it's my fault"

Good news about Cullen
    Sebastian Sainsbury (not Jonathan). The threads from that time will be here, but what I recall was:

- S. Sainsbury has nothing to do with the supermarket chain, and had done nothing of note in biz
    - the bid had no wedge. It was "highly leveraged"
    - it was all about moving to the Peninsula and financing the deal that way.
    - Long before the phrase was even coined, Charlton Life was used to propogate a spectacular amount of disinformation around this bid and the rival one from the Spivs. Lee Amis was involved in that, that's how his handle was known, and how I came to meet him. A mysterious poster close to the Board was busy trashing this bid. One particular evening on here was one of the wierdest ever for those of us following the thread.

All of which makes me slightly uneasy to think that Matt Southall was involved, but it was 9 years ago. A lot has changed in the biz of football since then, not to mention land availability near the Valley.
  • Options
    It must be close. 2 removal vans parked outside the ground 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I wonder who actually approved this deal, as the takeover hasn't happened yet and there would be no real incentive for Roland to increase costs in the last few days of his ownership. I assume some sort of arrangement must have been made by the new owners with him
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I wonder who actually approved this deal, as the takeover hasn't happened yet and there would be no real incentive for Roland to increase costs in the last few days of his ownership. I assume some sort of arrangement must have been made by the new owners with him
    The contract between Two Shits and ESI will have already been signed, and therefore legally binding. The only caveat to extract ESI from the contract would be EFL refusal.
  • Options
    Done deal. Ledley and the takeover. 
    @flyingkiwiDK

Is this wishful thinking or have you heard something?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!