Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• clive said:
    Let’s face it. The FF in its current format is a piss take. That’s no criticism of those hardy souls who attend in good faith as our representatives. I do wish that a few teacups are thrown every now and again though.
    We go around and around with this.

De Turck got called incompetent to his face, along with Meire and Duchatelet, the Dodger guy goes in and had a right go, regular attendees ask the difficult questions but come the next meeting and it's a "piss take" again.

The meetings are open to anyone.  You can put your name forward, they actively asked people to so, no one did.  You go, you throw the tea cups @ShootersHillGuru

Yet again, it is not the fans or the fans forum that are the problem. They are not the enemy or to blame.  

The FF is far from perfect but it remains one of, if not the ONLY place that fans can directly question the regime and speak truth to power.

Do the club take the piss with the late minutes?  Yes, they do. The solution to that is simple and it's been done. Don't wait for the club and put out your own minutes when you go along in December.
    I responded to the clubs request/invitation to apply to attend the last meeting & received no reply from the club.
    @clive

try tom.rubashow@cafc.co.uk 

Let us know how you get on.
  • edited November 2019
    Let’s face it. The FF in its current format is a piss take. That’s no criticism of those hardy souls who attend in good faith as our representatives. I do wish that a few teacups are thrown every now and again though.

De Turck got called incompetent to his face, along with Meire and Duchatelet, the Dodger guy goes in and had a right go, regular attendees ask the difficult questions but come the next meeting and it's a "piss take" again.

The meetings are open to anyone.  You can put your name forward, they actively asked people to so, no one did.  You go, you throw the tea cups @ShootersHillGuru

Yet again, it is not the fans or the fans forum that are the problem. They are not the enemy or to blame.  

The FF is far from perfect but it remains one of, if not the ONLY place that fans can directly question the regime and speak truth to power.

Do the club take the piss with the late minutes?  Yes, they do. The solution to that is simple and it's been done. Don't wait for the club and put out your own minutes when you go along in December.
    I fully take your point Henry, I really do. I did say there was no criticism from me with those who attend. I have said before that it’s better than nothing but I stand by my point that the club treat this with thinly veiled contempt. No minutes published by the club two months post the last meeting is completely unacceptable and I’m sure it will be brought up by our representatives AGAIN. I have little knowledge of what’s said or agreed because both sides of the forum don’t produce certified minutes in a timely fashion. If the fans representatives agreed to the club solely producing the minutes perhaps that needs to be changed ? I have just e mailed the club to ask if I might be allowed to attend. Let’s see where that gets me. I will respond further if I receive a reply. 
    Good for you

try @tom.rubashow@cafc.co.uk

Let us know how you get on

PS I didn't feel bound by any agreement to wait for the club and was never told not to or censured in any way.  The club minutes reach a far wider audience that CL but there's little I can do about that.
  • Definitely try Tom direct rather than wait on a reply from that account.
  • let’s face it there is not one single senior manager on the non playing staff who can be considered competent.
  • clive said:

I responded to the clubs request/invitation to apply to attend the last meeting & received no reply from the club.
    Sorry @clive you didn’t have enough points to qualify :-)
    Pesky Valley Gold members nicking all the tickets
  • Sponsored links:

• 2030: 40, 50.
  • Even Roland thought this would be the year that we beat Millwall

Has Lee had the dreaded vote of confidence as a result!!
  • He has spoken to him for the first time since the summer.  Is it common for owners of Clubs to have no contact with their manager for 4/5 months?

• Update 

Today received e mail from Tom Rubashow re my attendance at Fans Forum. Thanks for the contact tip @Henry Irving

I will attend with great interest and will look to bust a few myths that the likes of me have assumed with regard to the FF.

PS. Does this make me a member of the clique ? 
    I expect to see tea stains on the Chairman's Room walls @ShootersHillGuru : - )

Please take your own notes.  Look forward to reading your take on things.

Hope @clive got a similar response
  • Curb_It said:
    He has spoken to him for the first time since the summer.  Is it common for owners of Clubs to have no contact with their manager for 4/5 months?

I doubt most owners go 4/5 days without speaking to the manager. But they have an interest in football whereas the billionaire Duchatelet is only interested in money. I can imagine he consoled Bowyer re being the latest manager unable to get a result against that lot down the road and then got to the business of the January window. My money's on him wanting to know if Taylor will be in the shop window ahead of the New Year.
  • edited November 2019
    Update 

Today received e mail from Tom Rubashow re my attendance at Fans Forum. Thanks for the contact tip @Henry Irving

I will attend with great interest and will look to bust a few myths that the likes of me have assumed with regard to the FF.

No, not enough promotes, you need to get in line behind me and @bobmunro 😉
  • That is weird. He has made contact with Bowyer after a Millwall game when we hardly win? I worry that the owner is not looking at the whole picture? ie, he wants us to get promoted (aka Chris Wilder and it is not happening and he is getting frustrated). A normal owner will look at it and say "Bows I want to offer you an extended contract... for 2 years extension. Here is a budget to try and get in the play offs?" Let's try and sign Cullen on a permanent? 
  • Rudders22 said:
    That is weird. He has made contact with Bowyer after a Millwall game when we hardly win? I worry that the owner is not looking at the whole picture? ie, he wants us to get promoted (aka Chris Wilder and it is not happening and he is getting frustrated). A normal owner will look at it and say "Bows I want to offer you an extended contract... for 2 years extension. Here is a budget to try and get in the play offs?" Let's try and sign Cullen on a permanent? 
    A normal owner would I assume
  • Sponsored links:

• It's obviously weird that Roland hasn't spoken to Lee for months, but I imagine he called this week as it was the international break, rather than specifically because he was gutted we hadn't beaten Millwall. 
  • Sign of maturity that the article mentions that Bowyer was at his carp farm but we haven't been inundated with fish puns.

Surely a signifier of how erudite Charlton Life has become.
  • Update 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Job-lot-100-Vintage-Tea-Cups-Ideal-for-use-at-Weddings/292233052278?hash=item440a728076:g:FBsAAOSwsW9Y1Xlj
  • Sign of maturity that the article mentions that Bowyer was at his carp farm but we haven't been inundated with fish puns.

I wanted to but I was caught between a rock and a hard plaice.
  • RedChaser said:
    Update 

No, not enough promotes, you need to get in line behind me and @bobmunro 😉

• Update 

I expect to see tea stains on the Chairman's Room walls @ShootersHillGuru : - )

Please take your own notes.  Look forward to reading your take on things.

Hope @clive got a similar response
    Yes,he has registered my interest & will keep me updated.

You won't catch me fishing for LOLs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!