Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

This is the start of the usual excitement of a potential takeover in the lead up to the Jan window opening.

We all get to the frenzied point where we really don't care that Roland has sold all the players and bought no-one as there will be a takeover before the window closes.... and then it closes.

And there we have the first “fire sale” prediction ahead of the next transfer window.
    I would love to know where this annual tradition started.  Its never actually happened has it? 

Repeated pattern under Roly. Summer transfer business alright given constraints and lack of investment. Usually leaves us 1 or 2 short of where we really need to be. Opportunity to build in January but always at least 1 high profile sale. We are yet to end a January transfer window stronger than we started it under Roland. Will this be the year?
    Roland always sells players yes but the only window that might be considered a fire sale would be summer 2016 after relegation from the Championship. Even then we still put a squad together.

The fire sale predictions have always been about Roland leaving us with a squad mainly made up of u23s.
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

This is the start of the usual excitement of a potential takeover in the lead up to the Jan window opening.

We all get to the frenzied point where we really don't care that Roland has sold all the players and bought no-one as there will be a takeover before the window closes.... and then it closes.

And there we have the first “fire sale” prediction ahead of the next transfer window.
    I would love to know where this annual tradition started.  Its never actually happened has it? 

Repeated pattern under Roly. Summer transfer business alright given constraints and lack of investment. Usually leaves us 1 or 2 short of where we really need to be. Opportunity to build in January but always at least 1 high profile sale. We are yet to end a January transfer window stronger than we started it under Roland. Will this be the year?
    Selling "a high profile player" and a fire sale are 2 totally different things. Every time the clocks change a fire sale rumour starts, it's never happened.  Has it? 
    Sorry didnt word it very well. I was agreeing there was never a fire sale but it does seem to me like there is a pattern. I am not getting my hopes up for this jan window for instance. I expect to lose Taylor and one other and to replace with frees or loans.
    There is a pattern, Roland is more concerned with not having to put any money in, than taking any out.  If Taylor goes in January, I agree its quite likely, it will be because he wants to go and we can't keep him.  As we won't make a lose this year I expect Bowyer to get most of the money. 

If you go through all the transfer outs since Roland took over and look at them honestly, how many of them leaving were just because "Roland sold them" or "Roland wouldn't pay them enough"? 

We could have got a lot more money for a few of them, that is not in doubt, but that's a different story.  He could have kept 2 outstanding players, for much longer than he did, but the rest would have left one way or another.

Remember how people moaned about how much we were paying Teixeria?  We would have to offer Taylor 2 or 3 times that to stay. 
    Really don’t think that’s true, although of course it depends who else wanted him.
    IF Brentford did want to pay him £20k a week, on top of a transfer fee.  He would be foolish to agree anything significantly less with out having the chance to speak to other clubs.  On a free he would probably think he would be looking in the 3 or 4 million pound ball park, for a 2 or 3 year contract. 
  • Options
    I though Tex was said to be on something like £10-15k a week?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

£12k PW I think was the figure given by Robinson in the pitch to an opposition manager in earshot of lots of Charlton staff.

I don't think a free transfer means that all of a potential transfer free goes to the player.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

£12k PW I think was the figure given by Robinson in the pitch to an opposition manager in earshot of lots of Charlton staff.

I don't think a free transfer means that all of a potential transfer free goes to the player.
    No but if Brentford were prepared to pay £4 million, a signing on fee AND 20k a week, a total package of £3 million doesn't seem unreasonable. 
  • Options
    Will Gallen have an update on the 14th?.
  • Options
    Oh dear this thread was on page 2!
  • Options
    Nigel Farge has announced he's withdrawing his support from any bidders showing an interest in buying Charlton
  • Options
    MalMal
    edited November 2019
    Will Gallen have an update on the 14th?.
    Probably, we might be lucky and have 5 bidders this time, one even from the Kangaroo country, you heard it here first lol...about 2,000 pages ago.
  • Options
    A Muir to bid on his own?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dalman back in now that Warnock is gone? 
  • Options
    A Muir to bid on his own?.
    Know anything 
  • Options
    timken said:
    Oh dear this thread was on page 2!
    It's been near the bottom on page 3 before where it belongs unless some actual news emerges, and....no nothing today.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Theory of the day.

Dalman and Muir join forces and finally get rid of Roland. Warnock has some time out of management, the strain emotionally and physically has been too much for him now, but is always on the end of the phone to Bowyer offering advice if he needs it, including working with new Chairman/Owner, Dalman. 
    Works for me
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Theory of the day.

Dalman and Muir join forces and finally get rid of Roland. Warnock has some time out of management, the strain emotionally and physically has been too much for him now, but is always on the end of the phone to Bowyer offering advice if he needs it, including working with new Chairman/Owner, Dalman. 
    Works for me
    @kiwivalley spits in palm of hand and extends it to @Sage  and @Henry Irving "Done" 

• Options
    Sage said:
    Theory of the day.

After a short break Bowyer brings Warnock back in to football, giving him the key role of shouting at the 4th official all game

"He's a master at it" commented Bowyer. "It's somewhere I've been looking to strengthen, and there's nobody better in the game."
    "But like everyone, he too has been learning while working with me, and he occasionally wears long trousers now."
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Dalman back in now that Warnock is gone? 
    He wants Bow at Cardiff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know if we’ll be having another Fans Forum/takeover update soon? 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Muir is obviously sending some sort of message by attending!  Has to still be interested or why be there?!  Maybe because of all the issues with investors pulling out he is thinking of going solo. 🤞
    If I had to guess, he’s wanting to show fans he’s still about and getting them to ramp up the pressure on his behalf by protesting.
    Seems he was there to meet another interested party. Muir has previously been willing to join up with other potential buyers, so that makes sense.
    But why would Jeff Bezos need Muir to join him when he alone has £112bn? 😀
    Bez is buying us?

If it went through at the beginning of the week it'll be a Happy Monday.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:
    Sage said:
    Theory of the day.

After a short break Bowyer brings Warnock back in to football, giving him the key role of shouting at the 4th official all game

"He's a master at it" commented Bowyer. "It's somewhere I've been looking to strengthen, and there's nobody better in the game."
    "But like everyone, he too has been learning while working with me, and he occasionally wears long trousers now."
    Unlike @clb74
  • Options
    Does anyone know if we’ll be having another Fans Forum/takeover update soon? 
    Someone told me it was this week, perhaps Henry or Airman can confirm or deny.
  • Options
    clive said:
    The next 'fans forum' is planned for December 12th.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/fans-forum

But we are still waiting for the full minutes from the last meeting held in September.
    A significant date indeed !  
  • Options
    clive said:

But we are still waiting for the full minutes from the last meeting held in September.
    Perhaps they can read those out on the 12th......
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    clive said:

Perhaps they can read those out on the 12th......
    Should the previous minutes be read out on the 12th, does this mean that those minutes would be minuted in the 12th December minutes?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!