Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton announce £13.5m loss

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

So their vision to groom young talent of tomorrow and sell to the premier league teams at profit is going really well.

Well if you look at the sales since last summer then i guess it's worked a bit this year. Can't be too many league one sides who've shifted around 18m of player sales. The problem for him is that aside from Konsa and potentially Aribo in another years time, who else is left to sell who he could realistically get a decent fee for? And it's exactly that reason why i think he's finally realised his stupid game is up.
    Agree, but not so clever when you shift £18m of players and still manage to post £13.5m loss.
    They haven't, those sales will be in the 16/17 accounts.
  • Options
    I hope fans meeting Katrien over the next few weeks take her to the cleaners over this. We should be demanding her resignation.
  • Options
    Which groups are meeting with her?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Which groups are meeting with her?

Valley gold have two sessions, one on Tuesday at 6pm
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

So their vision to groom young talent of tomorrow and sell to the premier league teams at profit is going really well.

Well if you look at the sales since last summer then i guess it's worked a bit this year. Can't be too many league one sides who've shifted around 18m of player sales. The problem for him is that aside from Konsa and potentially Aribo in another years time, who else is left to sell who he could realistically get a decent fee for? And it's exactly that reason why i think he's finally realised his stupid game is up.
    Agree, but not so clever when you shift £18m of players and still manage to post £13.5m loss.
    True. It will be interesting to see how much supporter income is down next accounts though.

They also do not have another lookman, JBG, etc etc to sell either.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

True. It will be interesting to see how much supporter income is down next accounts though.

Funny thing is in one of Robinson's interviews he talked about the next Lookman coming along.

I've not been going as long as many on here but in just over 20 years Lookman is the only winger/striker/goalscorer I've seen us bring through that has genuine Premier League potential.

And we know why he was with us - because every club missed him until we signed him at 16. We'd have been very lucky to hold on to him had he been signed at a much younger age.
  • Options
    I haven't read the whole thread, but four things stood out for me when I skimmed the accounts last night.

1. NightMeire makes so many contradictions in her summation that she looks an even bigger fool than before.

2. The re-evaluation of the Valley and Training ground looks like a complete tax dodge, and as such brings complete year losses down to £4.5m; this will be the blasted out figures, as it is less than the previous years... However, the flip side is that RD will not be able to use this ruse again in the near future. The bad news is I can see that he may try to use the re-valuation to push his sale price upwards...

3. With the summer sales (£6.1m) from 2016 not falling into these accounts, and with the sales of Lookman and Fox (c£9m?) to add to this (2016/17) financial year, if we do have a similar operating loss, then most if not all of this will be offset by player sales. That means that Roland will not have to put further equity into the club to offset any loss, as he is no longer allowed (by FL Div 3 regs) to simply run up the loss with debt to Staprix.

4. If I am reading this right, the price Roland paid to buy the club is stated as £21m? I don't know if this is 314m plus the £7m ex-directors loans though?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Funny thing is in one of Robinson's interviews he talked about the next Lookman coming along.

I've not been going as long as many on here but in just over 20 years Lookman is the only winger/striker/goalscorer I've seen us bring through that has genuine Premier League potential.

And we know why he was with us - because every club missed him until we signed him at 16. We'd have been very lucky to hold on to him had he been signed at a much younger age.
    How can you have forgotten Super Kevin's lisbie ? Played plenty of games for us in the PL at a time when we were able to go out and buy great players from all over the place, even got a hat-trick against Liverpool. Lookman has got a long way to go to match his PL record, in fact, is he even getting game time now, I haven't noticed his name being mentioned.
  • Options
    The Valley's value estimate has gone up.. eh?

Must be the lack of bums on seats keeping those seats in good knick..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

How can you have forgotten Super Kevin's lisbie ? Played plenty of games for us in the PL at a time when we were able to go out and buy great players from all over the place, even got a hat-trick against Liverpool. Lookman has got a long way to go to match his PL record, in fact, is he even getting game time now, I haven't noticed his name being mentioned.
    I nearly mentioned he was the closest. Proves my point though, we rarely bring those types of players through.

He was never going to progress to a bigger club than us either.
  • Options

Just a sign of land and property prices. If he'd have bought £20m of property in early 14 he'd probably have £25-30m now......
  • Options

I like the line "this will not be repeated". The reason I like it is because it won't/hasn't been this year but next year would be much worse....obviously not the case for him if he is no longer here....

It won't be repeated because they will use the Lookman, JBG, Fox money to cover losses. They will then spin it that they have turned the corner and made a profit
  • Options

What are the worse losses in the club history??

Northwich Victoria in the cup was a pretty bad one ;)
    I shall always treasure losing to Rochdale at home when playing one up front. Probably has something to do with me being born in Rochdale however.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Such is the level of cost cutting these days at The Valley, Duchatalatet now gets his live match streams by morse code :-(

He has to tell Gobinson what formation he wants the dots and dashes to play in.
  • Options

Could they have planning permission?
  • Options
    Haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hope fans meeting Katrien over the next few weeks take her to the cleaners over this. We should be demanding her resignation.

I've tried that a few times.
  • Options

I've tried that a few times.
    I tried the one time I met her. On the back of these figures and another disasterous season it wouldn't harm to demand it of her again, especially if backed by a vote of no confidence.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Dave2l said:

Christ what a waste. What a clown.

It's like....buying a Freddo .....for 15p. That's fine, nothing wrong with that. A good old Freddo. Who doesn't like em.

Then, quite randomly. You take this Freddo, little chocolate snack that you just purchased for 15p, you throw it on the floor with a strange amount of brute force, and just start stamping on it like a maniac. Why? Don't know...because your the owner that's why.

What? Ok. You've now decided that because you don't even really like chocolate that much and it now looks, a bit like a piece of shit.

You want to sell it.

It needs to keep it's appeal, for potential buyers.

So you spend money on cream, expresso powder, chocolate powder, all these things, to enhance the potential taste of this scrunched up chocolate bar that happens to have a duck tape footprint on the top of it. It's also rotting and melting. Haven't even stuck it in the fridge. To save it a bit.

You find out from your accountant. On the products to improve you chocolate bar, you need to spend over £3.

You need to sell the Freddo for £2.50, at least, to claw absolutely anything back you can. Huh. Bit of a waste of time and effort but ok. The whole thing.

You put a person in charge to use the money wisely to spend on cream and chocolatey bits.

This person actually spent a whole £3 on bird shit, then added it to the melting Freddo.

She got mugged off by a kid in the street, who told her it was cream and other chocolatey things.

(Probably the worst analogy possible, even I didn't know where I was going with it. Similarities are apparent though)

Enjoyed that. Heard the whole thing in the voice of Bricktop
  • Options

Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

Scoham said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

On the bench the last few games, and didn't get on yesterday. Welcome to
    The Prem, Ade.
  • Options
    Excellent analysis @newyorkaddick, thank you. Can someone remind me who 'Daniels' is, as I can't remember a player of that name at all!
  • Options

Excellent analysis @newyorkaddick, thank you. Can someone remind me who 'Daniels' is, as I can't remember a player of that name at all!

Thank goodness. I thought it was just me.

• Options

I believe it's Kadell Daniel , played for the Under 23s , and I think is now at Leatherhead
  • Options

For anyone interested, my interpretation of the accounts is written up here:

http://newyorkaddick.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/master-of-puppets.html?m=1

Interesting read. Would the signings of Ajose and Holmes count for these accounts? Although they were signed in June, the window didn't open to July 1st - so would they be in these figures or the next?