Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upbeats Day - Saturday 8th April 2017

Comments

• Options
    Dec and I signed up ages ago, and then promptly forgot about it! Now added to diary. Quite impressed that tickets for match are only a fiver, so we'll probably go to that too. I've donated some money too to the main link but will share the Charlton Life one going forward for anyone I know that wants to sponsor us.
  • Options

Dec and I signed up ages ago, and then promptly forgot about it! Now added to diary. Quite impressed that tickets for match are only a fiver, so we'll probably go to that too. I've donated some money too to the main link but will share the Charlton Life one going forward for anyone I know that wants to sponsor us.

think that was a boo boo - they are reduced by a fiver

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

I ask every year but not having friends no ones ever taken me up on it! I need someone to drive my van from Sparrows lane to Charlton and park it up, ideally somewhere where it will still be there when I arrive in SE7.
    Pretty please. :smile:

If you ask the club nicely they will probably let you park in the main stand car park beforehand.

Somehow I very much doubt that @Swisdom. ;)
    Ah...maybe not you.

But that's what I'll be doing so if you are in the vicinity I am sure I can shoehorn you in to my car.
    Thats very kind of you, and these guys?image
    Hmm - I could have squeezed one in but three might be a bit snug....you're on your own pal!
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

I ask every year but not having friends no ones ever taken me up on it! I need someone to drive my van from Sparrows lane to Charlton and park it up, ideally somewhere where it will still be there when I arrive in SE7.

If you ask the club nicely they will probably let you park in the main stand car park beforehand.

Ah...maybe not you.

But that's what I'll be doing so if you are in the vicinity I am sure I can shoehorn you in to my car.
    It's little "add ons" like this that might just be the reason why you have no mates ;)

They're so cute.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

On a serious note, I'd be happy to kick in to a little "drinks at the end of the walk/during a break in the walk/before the walk" fund. Is that something we could throw together, maybe for those of us who can't go as a thank to those who can?

Very kind of you to offer mate, but I'm sure a simple contribution to the sponsorship would be more than appreciated

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Charlton-Life1
  • Options
    Donated the other day, though not to the Charlton Life page.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

T.C.E said:

Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

Ah...maybe not you.

It's little "add ons" like this that might just be the reason why you have no mates ;)

They're so cute.
    If that be the case, I'll keep my dogs and settle for no mates. ;)
    @Swisdom
    Only taking two of them. ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

SDAddick said:

T.C.E said:

Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

Swisdom said:

T.C.E said:

Ah...maybe not you.

They're so cute.
    If that be the case, I'll keep my dogs and settle for no mates. ;)
    @Swisdom
    Only taking two of them. ;)
    The dogs>people decision is one I made long ago and I have no regrets.
  • Options
    Solved my dog issue, the nice people at the Upbeats told me the route so the wife will collect them halfway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Solved my dog issue, the nice people at the Upbeats told me the route so the wife will collect them halfway.

Is it the same as last year?
  • Options
    L

Look who's showing off that he has mates.
  • Options
    very similar route to last year, with a slight change around the Sun in Sands area to avoid having to do the underpass (if I remember correctly)

Many thanks to @HandG @altrinchamaddick @happyvalley and @T.C.E for your contributions, much appreciated

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Is it the same as last year?
    Don't know, first year I've done it.
  • Options
    Donated. Love the upbeats day and the enthusiasm they show. Its one of those moments you realise that football is a force to make people happy.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

think that was a boo boo - they are reduced by a fiver

My letter didn't read like that. Really wanted to watch the Upbeats game as that was amazing last time.

Ahhh well, might just have to join @Curb_It in the Swan following the walk instead then.
  • Options
    TICKETS:

For participating in the walk you are entitled to a discounted £5.00 ticket for Charlton Athletic v Southend Utd kicking off at 3.00pm at the Valley. To claim your ticket in the North West Lower Quad area please call the ticket office on 0208 333 4444 or book online at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ and quote code ****

Don’t forget the turnstiles will be open at 1.30pm to watch the Charlton Upbeats take on Brighton and hove Albion in the community DS active team they would love your support!!

Once again thank you for your support

Kind regards
  • Options

SDAddick said:

On a serious note, I'd be happy to kick in to a little "drinks at the end of the walk/during a break in the walk/before the walk" fund. Is that something we could throw together, maybe for those of us who can't go as a thank to those who can?

Very kind of you to offer mate, but I'm sure a simple contribution to the sponsorship would be more than appreciated

Definately, option "A" would cost you a fortune. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'm going to send this justgiving page round work tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TICKETS:

For participating in the walk you are entitled to a discounted £5.00 ticket for Charlton Athletic v Southend Utd kicking off at 3.00pm at the Valley. To claim your ticket in the North West Lower Quad area please call the ticket office on 0208 333 4444 or book online at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ and quote code ****

Don’t forget the turnstiles will be open at 1.30pm to watch the Charlton Upbeats take on Brighton and hove Albion in the community DS active team they would love your support!!

Once again thank you for your support

Kind regards

I got that too but ten got anamended letter emailed on Tuesday. I'll dig it out tomorrow when I get to work....if I remember

• Options
    Many thanks to @Mendonca In Asdas @SE7toSG3 LL and Anon for your contributions, much appreciated.

We are 6% towards our target, a great start but a long way to go. Grateful for all contributions, big and small

• Options
    Sadly, I can no longer make it due to a family situation in Ireland. I wish the best to all of you who do take part and I'll make a donation in lieu of me collecting any sponsorship for the walk.
  • Options
    Good luck with that, hope it goes ok.
  • Options
    Me and my mate Huffers doing this for the 3rd year. Already made donation with sponsor money from friends and family to follow. Fantastic cause and proud to be taking part and doing our bit, It's what this club is about!
  • Options
    I'll be there, alongside @wallin58 ! Looking forward to it, doubt my knee is though ..
  • Options

@TEL you in the UK for this? Fancy joining us for a stroll mate?

Yeah come on Tel!
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

I'll be there, alongside @wallin58 ! Looking forward to it, doubt my knee is though ..

Nice one lads