Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Comments

• I didn't really need to know the beers were vegan.

I did.
  • Sure, thanks for sharing.
  • Sure, thanks for sharing.

My pleasure.
  • Both parents from Dublin !
  • Can we have a - Happy Saint Card day - when we get Roland out!
  • Good luck to everyone Irish or with Irish links celebrating. I'm sure a good time will be had.

Still beats me why so many English people with no Irish links go out of their way to celebrate and promote St Patrick's Day and do sod all for St George's Day.

That's my issue though - have a good time all.

Guinness is nice?
  • Good luck to everyone Irish or with Irish links celebrating. I'm sure a good time will be had.

Still beats me why so many English people with no Irish links go out of their way to celebrate and promote St Patrick's Day and do sod all for St George's Day.

Guinness is nice?
    And unionist :-)

Guinness is nice?
    It must be good for you, good old Arthur fathered 21 children, so he might not have a catholic, he was just practicing.
  • Willing to stand corrected but so far I make it 22 out of 32 counties represented.

So, come on in:
    Armagh
    Carlow
    Donegal
    Kilkenny
    Laois
    Longford
    Louth
    Offaly
    Waterford
    Westmeath

Sure Offaly isn't real for a start!
    redsek said:

There is only one county in Ireland: Cork. The rest are regions of Cork.

We tend to prefer this map of Ireland

Great to see so many with Cork heritage on here, greatest place on Earth!
  • Sponsored links:

• Enjoy the craic, if you can today, especially with the shortage of toilet roll.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, one and all.
  • Happy St Patrick's Day

Mother Clogheen Co Tippperary

• I've sent greetings to the BFG - Patrick may not be Irish but he is certainly a saint!!

• Ahhh, it’s about time we went back to the old days of St Patrick. Before it turned into Guinness Day.
    I’m off to put some green, white & gold ribbons in me hair. Put some greenery in me lapel & dance a reel on the cross (at a safe social distance).

Now, where did I put that bottle of Jameson’s 😊☘️🇮🇪
  • Pining for Kerry. Wish I was there to self isolate rather than being at work in London.

Have a wonderful day ☘️ 
  • no more kissin' the Blarney stone until the all clear is given !!
  • Was in the old country last October visiting family.

Way out West, and toured Mrs Plum through the Burren out to look over the Arran Isles on what turned out to be a stunning day for weather (by Irish standards).

Here's a photo I took a few years back in Ireland that I'm very fond of. It is especially for @iainment who loves Kerry. This is from the Conor Pass.

• edited March 2020
    If there is one good thing that has come out if this Coronavirus epidemic, it's that St Patrick's Day had largely been ignored & that pubs haven't been full of Irish tricolour's & shamrocks.
  • seth plum said:
    Was in the old country last October visiting family.

Way out West, and toured Mrs Plum through the Burren out to look over the Arran Isles on what turned out to be a stunning day for weather (by Irish standards).

Here's a photo I took a few years back in Ireland that I'm very fond of. It is especially for @iainment who loves Kerry. This is from the Conor Pass.

I love the Connor Pass. Every time we’re in Kerry we go there, either driving over it or cycling it. Then spending time in Dingle or going on the Slea Head trail. A beautiful part of Ireland.
    Thanks Seth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our St Patrick’s Day.
    Checking out the facelift on Lots Wife & the ladies of Baltimore practicing safe distancing.
  • For someone who doesn’t drink @guinnessaddick you keep a fair bit of Uisce Beatha in the house 😉

Happy St Patrick’s Day one and all ☘️ / Lá fhéile Pádraig sona duit ☘️
  • Between the football and today being a holiday, I started celebrating a bit last night...

I may have a look at the online diaspora+ event organised via the Irish Embassy in Washington (there's a link to register via their Twitter), because that would be the sensible thing to do.

Very impressed with all the fadas on show today.

I hope everyone has wonderful St. Patrick's Day
  • Between the football and today being a holiday, I started celebrating a bit last night...

I may have a look at the online diaspora+ event organised via the Irish Embassy in Washington (there's a link to register via their Twitter), because that would be the sensible thing to do.

Very impressed with all the fadas on show today.

I hope everyone has wonderful St. Patrick's Day
    Gotta love a good fada @NornIrishAddick 😉
  • There's a lovely video on the Department for Foreign Affairs Twitter feed, a balanced and nuanced message of hope....

https://mobile.twitter.com/dfatirl/status/1371816829275009027
  • edited March 2021
    TelMc32 said:
    For someone who doesn’t drink @guinnessaddick you keep a fair bit of Uisce Beatha in the house 😉

Happy St Patrick’s Day one and all ☘️ / Lá fhéile Pádraig sona duit ☘️
    Purely medicinal. Last one I had for P’s 50th.
    🥃☘️
  • Another quiet one this year, more so than last with the pubs closed.
    Didn’t actually go out last year, today will be spend listening to some Celtic  Punk, catching up on family & friends and maybe a whiskey later on.

Enjoy today, one and all, you don’t have to be Irish to enjoy it, but it helps.

Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona duit!

Big fan of Teeling.

Happy St Patrick's day everyone. 
  • Happy St Patrick's Day
  • Happy St Patrick’s Day to all Lifers celebrating ☘️