Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• I keep refreshing this thread in the hope that I'll see Golfie thanking Phillips for all his efforts on behalf of CAFC and wishing him all the very best in the future
    Don't know why you called me out. I've never bad mouthed Dills at all. In fact, I'd prefer him in the team instead of Amos, but as things stood last month you can see why both sides thought it was time he sought pastures new.

Just waiting for tweddle dee & tweddle dum to do the honourable thing & pen similar letters.....🤔🤫
    You still couldn't quite bring yourself to say that though. Anyway mustn't drag you away from cheering on Grant and the other six former Charlton players in the WBA v Burnley game!
    Took me a while, completely forgot Ajayi. Came after a while :-:smile:  What a team we could have had.
  • I keep refreshing this thread in the hope that I'll see Golfie thanking Phillips for all his efforts on behalf of CAFC and wishing him all the very best in the future
    Don't know why you called me out. I've never bad mouthed Dills at all. In fact, I'd prefer him in the team instead of Amos, but as things stood last month you can see why both sides thought it was time he sought pastures new.

Just waiting for tweddle dee & tweddle dum to do the honourable thing & pen similar letters.....🤔🤫
    You still couldn't quite bring yourself to say that though. Anyway mustn't drag you away from cheering on Grant and the other six former Charlton players in the WBA v Burnley game!
    Took me a while, completely forgot Ajayi. Came after a while :-:smile:  What a team we could have had.
    Actually 7 ex Charlton. David Button is West Brom sub goalie
  • Classy leaving statement from Dills. Have already wished him all the best and can now add my total respect.
  • Classy leaving letter and interview. A combination of circumstances led to this

Roland letting contracts slip
    The ESI embargo
    Relegation
    And finally the salary cap meaning that we couldn't offer him a sensible new contract even if Dillon and Lee wanted to
    Very classy.

Hopefully now we can put to bed any nonsense around him refusing to play for us. I wish we could have avoided losing him, but Amos should be adequate for L1.
  • Phillips is a better keeper, but Amos is a decent league 1 keeper so no complaints. Wish him all the best and sure he will have a fantastic career, thanks Dill
  • A lovely lad and really pleased he felt able to say goodbye in a personal way. I wish him all the best, and let's hope we don't have to let key players like Dillon go for a song again because of club troubles.
    Onward Dillon with my blessing and all decent CAFC fans.
  • Classy leaving letter and interview. A combination of circumstances led to this

The ESI embargo
    Relegation
    And finally the salary cap meaning that we couldn't offer him a sensible new contract even if Dillon and Lee wanted to
    Which by the sound of things could have happened had the Salary Cap not been there

Maybe its one change they need to make where any Academy kids are exempt. We've effectively had to get rid of one of our kids because we've been relegated and we've got him to a level where yes he's too good for us, but still potentially wants to play for us - Once again there is even less incentive for clubs to produce their own kids because if you dont get them pinched by a Premier League club, you'll eventually lose them anyway (if they're good enough) when they reach 21 and are too good to be on anything close to £2k p/w

The ESI embargo
    Relegation
    Which by the sound of things could have happened had the Salary Cap not been there

Maybe its one change they need to make where any Academy kids are exempt. We've effectively had to get rid of one of our kids because we've been relegated and we've got him to a level where yes he's too good for us, but still potentially wants to play for us - Once again there is even less incentive for clubs to produce their own kids because if you dont get them pinched by a Premier League club, you'll eventually lose them anyway (if they're good enough) when they reach 21 and are too good to be on anything close to £2k p/w
    I can’t imagine the salary cap in its current form will be a long term thing - far too many issues.
  • Good luck Dillon and thanks for all your hard work 
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice departing statement that,absolutely from the heart...Dillon thank you for the journey you took us on,especially my littleun, you helped create a special father & daughter memory that I will cherish forever...Wembley...!!, the mix up with Naby for their goal will forever be part of her Charlton folklore...it made it even more memorable,u got up dusted ya self down & the rest is history...good luck in ya career all the best
    M&M
  • Good luck Dillon,Thanks for the memories. Thanks for the respect you have shown to the fans.

• if he's a fan now, will he be allowed to join CL?
  • Top top man , wont forget being with my little uns at Sparrows Lane April 2019  and you coming over to us to ask if we wanted a kickabout and making the boys and my day,  especially when i told you to try your best to save my penalty and i rinsed you giving you the eyes and putting it in the other corner . 
    AMB came over for a chat that day as well and he was a top lad for someone so young 
  • kafka said:
    if he's a fan now, will he be allowed to join CL?
    Not sure anything stopped him joining before?
  • £300k!!!! 

• edited October 2020
    sammy391 said:
    £300k!!!! 

I'm not surprised, we were desperate to sell and he went on the last day of the window to a club where he might not be first choice.

I'd imagine it includes a decent sell on clause too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Smithies that much better than Dillion to keep him out the team? 
  • Seems a real waste that he's sat on the bench - not a great move. Smithies is a decent keeper so Dillon will have to wait.
  • Seems a real waste that he's sat on the bench - not a great move. Smithies is a decent keeper so Dillon will have to wait.
    He will probably point to his pay cheque in terms of whether it’s a good move for him or not? 
  • Always the risk as a keeper. Only an injury or massive loss of form tends to dislodge the current number 1. All that hard work Phillips did to get first team football and he's now back to warming the bench, albeit with a few extra quid in his pocket.
    He will probably point to his pay cheque in terms of whether it’s a good move for him or not? 
    He should be No1 for a championship team - not sure if the money really makes up for it.
  • Cor genuinlyforgot about philips as well!  
  • After coming off the bench on Saturday, he's starting tonight
    Money first, football second.
  • After coming off the bench on Saturday, he's starting tonight
    Good to hear it, hope he nails the number one spot there.