Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Options
    uie2 said:

Dillon has waited a long time to get his chance! He deserves it and will keep Rudd out on his form!

I'm not sure he's waited that long, he's only 21 which is very young for a keeper, who hadn't played football league football until this seasom
  • Options

uie2 said:

Dillon has waited a long time to get his chance! He deserves it and will keep Rudd out on his form!

I'm not sure he's waited that long, he's only 21 which is very young for a keeper, who hadn't played football league football until this seasom
    Yep most keepers are 24/25 before they get a regular first team gig that's not a loan to a lower league.
  • Options
    Wouldn't expect him (or any footballer) to be happy being a back up but he needs to be realistic here. 18 months ago he was playing in the Conference South, last season he was playing in the conference and he's still really young. He's already come on a long way in a short space of time.

Pretty sure that if he's told he'll be our first choice next season, then he'd be happy with that over moving elsewhere.
  • Options
    Good squads needs this competition for places. Rudd won't be rushed back from injury and Phillips can continue to improve.

Maybe a loan in January might be beneficial for both parties.

• Options

Good squads needs this competition for places. Rudd won't be rushed back from injury and Phillips can continue to improve.

Dillon needs to accept, that aged 21 he will be a reserve keeper.

Being a number 2 keeper is perfectly acceptable at this stage of his career, Pope and Hamer are currently 3rd choice keepers
  • Options
    From what I've seen of him he looks light years ahead of (the extremely over rated) Nick Pope.
  • Options

Being a number 2 keeper is perfectly acceptable at this stage of his career, Pope and Hamer are currently 3rd choice keepers
    I think at this stage, he looks better than both of them, and good enough to be our No 1...
  • Options
    I first saw him for the Academy teams and the U21's and he always impressed me.

There was an away game against Palace at Tooting and Mitcham where experienced Scottish International Neil Alexander keeped goal for the Glaziers a couple of years ago and I felt Dillon was the better keeper.
  • Options
    Terrific from Dillon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Perhaps this was all a clever ploy by the coaching staff at the academy to hype up out other keepers (Pope, Mitov) and keep Dillon on the quiet so club's wouldn't come looking for him. Obviously you have to break cover at some point and he sure has done so with style.

Well done Dillon.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

I don't necessarily agree.. look at Gianluigi Donnarumma. The guy has been AC Milan's number 1 since the age of 17. The more first team games he gets, the more experience he gets. The same applies to Dillon.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I don't necessarily agree.. look at Gianluigi Donnarumma. The guy has been AC Milan's number 1 since the age of 17. The more first team games he gets, the more experience he gets. The same applies to Dillon.
    Either that, or he's in the AC Milan squad because they're financing their transfers off of the wonga of printing that beast of a name on replica shirts.

Charge by the letter, eh?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Scoham said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15808885.Exclusive__Charlton_have_option_to_extend_player_s_contract_by_extra_year/

Contract ends in the summer but we're expected to take up the option of another year.

Thank god for that!!... Be stupid to lose him on a Free
  • Options

cafctom said:

From what I've seen of him he looks light years ahead of (the extremely over rated) Nick Pope.

Oops
    It wasn't a daft thing to say at that stage; Pope has done amazingly well and , it's fair to say, surprised most of us
  • Options
    Amos has been pretty solid the last few games, he could do nothing about the goals in either of the last 2 conceding games and bagged a clean sheet vs Wigan.

Hopefully Phillips will be ready for next season, if not I wouldn't mind having him back - Remember he's on loan and we won't be paying 100% of his salary...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

wmcf123 said:

cafctom said:

Oops
    It wasn't a daft thing to say at that stage; Pope has done amazingly well and , it's fair to say, surprised most of us
    I wasn't suprised.
    Nope me neither. I was in an apparent minority that rated him.
  • Options
    Amos has been very solid, with good handling

My only criticism is that sometimes he needs to command his box more, especially with the creche defence we've had in recent matches
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Personally don't think Amos is all that. His wage is likely to be monstrous and I'd be happy not to see him back next season

Didn't rate him at the start of the season but he has improved a lot and made some excellent saves - one of our better players this season.
    He's been ok but I can't say he has made a series of worldies when I've seen him. Who is to say Dillon wouldn't have made the same saves at around one tenth of the weekly cost?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos has been pretty solid the last few games, he could do nothing about the goals in either of the last 2 conceding games and bagged a clean sheet vs Wigan.

Hopefully Phillips will be ready for next season, if not I wouldn't mind having him back - Remember he's on loan and we won't be paying 100% of his salary...

yep, a season sitting on the bench will bring him on in leaps and bounds
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Dazzler21 said:

yep, a season sitting on the bench will bring him on in leaps and bounds
    Or another season training.

Let's not forget he has regularly featured for the U23's and played in 6 competitive fixtures this season EFL Cup & EFL Trophy conceding 10 goals to poor sides. (That's a rate of 1.66 goals per game)

Certainly not all his fault, but hardly has him knocking on the first team door either.

(Comparatively Amos has conceded 31 goals in 25 a rate of 1.24 goals conceded per game and looked more confident)
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Personally don't think Amos is all that. His wage is likely to be monstrous and I'd be happy not to see him back next season

Didn't rate him at the start of the season but he has improved a lot and made some excellent saves - one of our better players this season.
    He's been ok but I can't say he has made a series of worldies when I've seen him. Who is to say Dillon wouldn't have made the same saves at around one tenth of the weekly cost?
    I guess you didn't see his penalty save, then?
  • Options
    On SSN, someone offers £60k for him. Didn’t see who as the page was turning over just as I switched on
  • Options

On SSN, someone offers £60k for him. Didn’t see who as the page was turning over just as I switched on

Forest Green