Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Bloody animals they create such a tie with us Humans its horrible when its time to say goodbye to them.

Why do they have to create such an emotional attachment... And its not a moaning post from me either, quite the opposite as I love my cats and know I'll be in pieces when they do go one day (and nothing makes me cry usually)
  • My black cat: Colbie is the biggest nuisance ever

We got him and a Ginger girl from a Rescue Centre (they're only 3 max) and Colbie drives me crazy, forever being naughty and for the first few months I'd be forced to tell him off.

I dont bother to tell him off anymore (1) Because I saw how terrified of me he'd get and (2) I now see it as he's not being naughty, he's just a VERY clever animal because if I catch him doing something I'll just stand there (occasionally laughing) and he'll know he's done wrong because he's been caught
  • edited November 2016
    Carter said:

I'm the same, I am an enormous softy with animals. All of the pets I've had even the nasty, dysfunctional ones (probably more so them) that I've lost absolutely kill me emotionally. I definitely prefer animals to humans

Likewise
  • I saw this on This Morning, and have to admit I cried for the first time in what must be a couple of years at least.

I have a dog, a golden retriever, who means the world to me. Knowing that this day will come, hopefully a long way off from now, breaks my heart.
  • I daren't watch that.

My dog Evie is 11 and a half and approaching her final couple of years, if we are lucky enough to have her that much longer. It doesn't bear thinking about.
  • Oh man. I've got something in my eye
  • Sponsored links:

• I emailed this to a colleague, I knew it would get him. And it did.
    Me on the other hand have absolutely no feelings towards animals and this story meant nothing to me , (although I would never hurt one and I am 100% strict veggie).
    I've never understood peoples attachment to pets and animals. Sounds a bit weird and cold I know, especially as virtually all my family have pets and I never have or wanted one.
  • Mrkinski said:

We had to have our beloved Iggy (cat) put down a couple of weeks ago. Obviously couldn't take him for a walk - so as he has always loved trying to get on our dining room table and nick our food whilst we were eating - for his final meal we put a load of chicken on a plate on the dining room table and let him scoff to his hearts content.

Like that a lot. My sister in law has a cat and when she goes on holiday I go round to feed it in the morning and at night and spend some time with him sat on the sofa (he is not very mobile) as I watch a bit of tv for an hour or so. As much as I make out it's a hardship in a jokey way, I absolutely love it. He literally doesn't give a shit about anything. He's very old now and I'll be gutted when he goes.

• Mrkinski said:

We had to have our beloved Iggy (cat) put down a couple of weeks ago. Obviously couldn't take him for a walk - so as he has always loved trying to get on our dining room table and nick our food whilst we were eating - for his final meal we put a load of chicken on a plate on the dining room table and let him scoff to his hearts content.

We have just had a very similar experience this afternoon with our dwarf hamster Hamish, except it was ham and toasted cheese followed by a crunchy nut cornflake. Seeing him snatch the candy cereal with his little hands was increadibly carthic. All food he was never allowed, heroin for hamsters.

• My back garden is a bit of a pet cemetery
    12 year old staffie Eric
    13 year old Springer Bess
    And God knows how many smaller pet's that the kids have lost down the years.
    When you lose a dog or cat it never gets any easier.
  • I'm sure that one of the reasons Mr F didn't want us to move last September( well, until I managed to persuade him...) was that our Cocker Spaniel, Oliver and our son's much loved rescue, Abby are buried in the back garden there.
  • I'm sure that one of the reasons Mr F didn't want us to move last September( well, until I managed to persuade him...) was that our Cocker Spaniel, Oliver and our son's much loved rescue, Abby are buried in the back garden there.

Similar thing happened to us Fanny. Our Cairne Terrier of 13 years passed away the week before we moved. I was tempted not to bury him until we got to the new place but in the end we decided he would be better off in the garden he knew.
  • We have a 16 year old border collie and he's gone down hill rapidly recently. I hate to say that we are almost hoping to come down one morning to find he's gone.... after 16 years I know that we will have to make a decision sooner than later.... I'd rather cut my nads with a blunt blade.
  • When my cat was put down I said goodbye to her at the vet and then cried my eyes out for ages after. Bloody pets