Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Mansfield really must have money behind them!!

Graham Coughlan is leaving Bristol Rovers (4th in League One) to become the next Mansfield Manager (18th in League Two)

Know they were desperate to win promotion last year but maybe shouldnt have hastened to get rid of Flitcroft
  • Options
    Apparently has a house up north where he wanted to move closer to plus he also fell out with the Rovers board over transfer money for January. 
  • Options
    Mansfield really must have money behind them!!

Graham Coughlan is leaving Bristol Rovers (4th in League One) to become the next Mansfield Manager (18th in League Two)

Know they were desperate to win promotion last year but maybe shouldnt have hastened to get rid of Flitcroft
    the real owner, John Radford, is seriously minted, the ostensible owner, Radford's missus Carolyn must be desperate for the team to get promotion, sooooo,  ol John has brought in yet another 'talent' as manager to try for success after years of near misses. The team is full of talented players who are underperforming, let's see if Coughlan can get them cracking (once again I backed them for promotion this year, when will I learn ?!!)
  • Options
    Still a weird one though, dropping down a division and to a L2 side nearer relegation than the playoffs!
  • Options

Bristol Rovers have appointed Ben Garner as their new manager.

The 39-year-old former West Bromwich Albion and Crystal Palace first-team coach has signed a two-and-half-year contract at Rovers, who are fourth in League One.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50892824?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england&link_location=live-reporting-story
  • Options
    clive said:

Bristol Rovers have appointed Ben Garner as their new manager.

The 39-year-old former West Bromwich Albion and Crystal Palace first-team coach has signed a two-and-half-year contract at Rovers, who are fourth in League One.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50892824?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england&link_location=live-reporting-story
    His name was mentioned on Quest on Saturday. IF Rovers don't sell anyone in January, then he's inherited a decent team
  • Options
    Anyone like Lockyer we could pinch off them?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Anyone like Lockyer we could pinch off them?
    a few on here fancy J Clarke-Harris .. not me though
  • Options
    What about Ollie Clarke in midfield from Brizzie Rovers

Werent we linked with him in the summer?
  • Options
    suspect  it'll turnout that Arsenal should have kept faith with Freddie L and Everton should have stuck (the Toffees, get it ?) with Duncan Disorderly .. we will see
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pellegrini has left west ham.
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:
    Not surprised, hope they don’t go for Bow.
  • Options
    What about Ollie Clarke in midfield from Brizzie Rovers

Werent we linked with him in the summer?
    I got told we were after him in the summer from a reliable source, they wanted about a million for him though 
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:
    Bugger!!  I had great faith in him getting them relegated. 
  • Options
    Poch to West Ham?
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:
    We think we have relegation issues but they are 4th from bottom and I would fancy that Pearson will get Watford out of the bottom three
  • Options
    A vacancy I'm somewhat worried about... although Moyes is the favourite luckily
  • Options
    Curbishley 16/1
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:
    Not surprised, hope they don’t go for Bow.
    Why would West Ham go for a manager of a club in 17th place in the Championship with two years experience of being a manager ?

Sometime in the next week let's hope Lee is offered a two year contract with a one year option by ESI, or the week after...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eddie Howe is having an injury crisis similar to Lee Bowyer, but he has performed miracles over the years and he should be in the frame for the West ham job. He may need a fresh challenge.

• Options
    West Ham are the classic "too good to go down side" at the moment...
  • Options
    Poch to West Ham?
    Not a chance. I think he'll take a break and see what's about in the summer, unless a top job comes up before then.

Can see City being interested if Guardiola decides to leave at the end of the season.
  • Options
    As much as I’d love West Ham to go down I’d rather they didn’t for now cos if we stay up and our potential new owners turn out to be decent (dream on) then I’d see them as a bigger threat as promotion rivals (old woman looks up from lawnmower and says “shut up you c**t”) than the other potential relegation candidates.
  • Options
    Eddie Howe is having an injury crisis similar to Lee Bowyer, but he has performed miracles over the years and he should be in the frame for the West ham job. He may need a fresh challenge.

Is Bournemouth to West Ham a step up now though?
  • Options
    David Moyes being tipped to return to rescue West Ham
  • Options
    Poch to West Ham?
    would be the obvious choice although Moyes seems to be the favourite especially among the bbc scotch mafia .. I suspect the West Ham owners will be too mean to pay what Pochettino will ask for 
  • Options
    Poch to West Ham?
    would be the obvious choice although Moyes seems to be the favourite especially among the bbc scotch mafia .. I suspect the West Ham owners will be too mean to pay what Pochettino will ask for 
    Why would Poch want the West Ham job?
  • Options
    Poch to West Ham?
    Why would Poch want the West Ham job?
    he might not, my opinion is that he is the obvious first choice
  • Options
    David Moyes being tipped to return to rescue West Ham
    Just seen he is set for talks with W.Ham later today. Seeing as he saved then in 2017/18 & then they promptly ditched him 3 days after the season ended saying that they wanted to "go in a different direction". Now if I was him I'd do the same. Have talks & then tell them that I dont want to go in their direction. He wont obviously & will take the job.