Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Pearson confirmed for Watford
    Really successful at Leicester, average elsewhere
    Only until the end of the season. I expect they want to see what league they are next season before taking anyone one permanently. 
  • Paolo Sousa the latest name to be linked to the Arsenal job
    Bloody hell... Going after a man who was a huge failure at Leicester and Queens Park Rangers... in the Championship!!
    That would be suicide. But given I dislike that team so much, I think it’s a great idea.

Im just wondering why that haven’t given the job to Sol Campbell. Not only the best ever defender in the history of football, but has managed massive clubs in Macclesfield and Southend why do big clubs continue to disrespect him so much? 
    That would be suicide. But given I dislike that team so much, I think it’s a great idea.

Im just wondering why that haven’t given the job to Sol Campbell. Not only the best ever defender in the history of football, but has managed massive clubs in Macclesfield and Southend why do big clubs continue to disrespect him so much? 

If his name was Solo Campbella they probably would!
    who linked his name .. his agent or his mum ?
  • Ancelotti sacked 

Wonder if he will go Arsenal
    Bloody hell... Going after a man who was a huge failure at Leicester and Queens Park Rangers... in the Championship!!
    In fairness that was a very long time ago and he's had success abroad since then, but if you're Arsenal you surely need to be aiming a lot lot higher than him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stunned that Ancelotti is apparently in talks with Everton. 
    He deserves better
    He deserves better
    Why the hell arent Arsenal going after him???
    He deserves better
    Why the hell arent Arsenal going after him???
    Give them a chance, he only lost his job a few hours ago!
  • ironic that both Arsenal and (especially) Everton have perked up under their respective stop gap managers .. is there a lesson there when all the potential 'new managers' mentioned as possible 'saviours' seem to be tired old foreigners who must be dizzy from forever circling around from club to club
  • I would absolutely love Arsenal to appoint Sousa and have Campbell as his assistant and future manager. Let them fall and struggle in the Championship, drop down to League One and struggle further. Horrible club, some horrible fans. Let them suffer for longer. 
  • I would imagine Ancelotti will end up at Arsenal.  As for Everton I have no idea really.  It looks like Moyes will go back there.  I'm surprised Duncan Ferguson doesnt seem to be being considered.  I know it was only 1 game,  but the way they fought & battled for every ball was impressive.  Give him the job until the end of the season and go from there 
  • ironic that both Arsenal and (especially) Everton have perked up under their respective stop gap managers .. is there a lesson there when all the potential 'new managers' mentioned as possible 'saviours' seem to be tired old foreigners who must be dizzy from forever circling around from club to club
    Most interims seems to get "new manager bounce" when a fresh voice gets players to work harder for a few weeks, but it quickly subsides.

Even Karel Fraeye won a couple of games when he first took over...
    Arsenal have still been awful under Ljungberg, it's just that West Ham were even worse the other night. 

Everton looked much improved. 
    Arsenal have still been awful under Ljungberg, it's just that West Ham were even worse the other night. 

Everton looked much improved. 
    Agree, Arsenal perked up for 8 minutes the other night to score three goals but were very ordinary the rest of the match.
  • I hadn't realised that Francis Jeffers was back at Everton as an academy coach! I guess it's case of learning from his mistakes...

• Sponsored links:

• If Jeffers is the coach for their strikers one would suggest that this will be a case of "do as I say and not as I did" given a CV containing less than 50 goals in a career spanning 16 years is not one to be waved in front of an academy forward!
  • Jeffers made his England debut on the same night as Rooney, and Jeffers scored.

Their careers took slightly different paths after that though!
  • Ancelotti sacked 

Wonder if he will go Arsenal
    ‘go to’ ......Arsenal please!!!
    No excuse for trendy sloppy grammar young fella. :/
  • Ancelotti has arrived on Merseyside to talk to Everton according to Sky Sports News
  • Arsenal wanting permission from Man City to talk to Arteta.
  • edited December 2019
    Arteta moves from a job as Peppy Pip's yes man to bring a whole new era of success to Arsenal .. I really don't think so .. number 2s promoted to no1s (no lavatorial jokes por favor) rarely succeed (YES I appreciate Bowyer was promoted from assistant to main man with immediate success)
  • Sky sports reporting that Carlo Ancelotti has agreed a deal to become Everton manager. Gotta say, I'm really surprised by that
    He deserves better
    Still stunned. 
    Not the right fit for Arsenal but certainly worthy of a better opportunity than Everton.
  • Sky sports reporting that Carlo Ancelotti has agreed a deal to become Everton manager. Gotta say, I'm really surprised by that
    Don't get why anyone proven would want to go there. For as long as I can remember they've been a club that thinks and talks like they should be challenging for trophies but best looks like it on the pitch. There doesn't seem to be any long term planning, they just occasionally chuck a load of cash at it and then get annoyed when it goes wrong.

If I was Ancelotti, I'd be wondering why decent managers like Martinez, Koeman and Silva keep failing there. 

Still mystified as to what happened with Lookman. Why buy a hot prospect and then not give him the chance to develop? Highly rated by supporters as well, some of them were calling him their best player. They now seem to be doing something with the Kean lad that got subbed off yesterday. 

Suspect they'll be good for the rest of the season under Ancelotti, they've got their Everton back, etc. He'll be on course for the sack by this time next year though.Weird club.
  • MrLargo said:
    Sky sports reporting that Carlo Ancelotti has agreed a deal to become Everton manager. Gotta say, I'm really surprised by that
    Don't get why anyone proven would want to go there. For as long as I can remember they've been a club that thinks and talks like they should be challenging for trophies but best looks like it on the pitch. There doesn't seem to be any long term planning, they just occasionally chuck a load of cash at it and then get annoyed when it goes wrong.

If I was Ancelotti, I'd be wondering why decent managers like Martinez, Koeman and Silva keep failing there. 

Still mystified as to what happened with Lookman. Why buy a hot prospect and then not give him the chance to develop? Highly rated by supporters as well, some of them were calling him their best player. They now seem to be doing something with the Kean lad that got subbed off yesterday. 

Suspect they'll be good for the rest of the season under Ancelotti, they've got their Everton back, etc. He'll be on course for the sack by this time next year though.Weird club.
    Wonder how Lookman would have done had Everton signed a Frank Lampard type there with a transfer ban