Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    You see I agree about Bowyer setting a high bar for others to look at and compare to.

However, they’ve scored the least and conceded the most so far this season. They also spent about £5mil in the summer and haven’t won a game since the opening game of the season.

If they want any chance of staying up, they have to part ways because he doesn’t show any ability in being able to turn them around.
  • Options
    Punished for his own success.

If Barnsley had finished in the play offs last season and not gone up, he'd likely have kept his job and they would probably be battling again for promotion this season.

He did even better and got them promoted, now gets sacked because they're not mid table.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    It's a cut throat results busines where some owners pull the trigger quicker than others. Nathan Jones has been at the other end of the spectrum at Stoke, whilst Solskjaer and Marco Silva might not be so lucky.
  • Options
    Barnsley Football Club confirms that it has separated from Daniel Stendel with immediate effect. Adam Murray has been appointed caretaker manager.
    https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/clubstatement/
  • Options
    clive said:
    Barnsley Football Club confirms that it has separated from Daniel Stendel with immediate effect. Adam Murray has been appointed caretaker manager.
    "Separated".....wtf does that mean.  Sorting out childcare before the divorce   ?

Just say you sacked him & move on. 
    That’s up there with a Douchbag statement!
  • Options
    clive said:
    "Separated".....wtf does that mean.  Sorting out childcare before the divorce   ?

Just say you sacked him & move on. 
    Barnsley caught in bed with Alan Pardew?
    Stendel spotted out for a romantic meal with Sunderland?
  • Options
    very odd how Barnsley looked and played very good football last season, yet this season they are all at sea and sinking fast .. I imagine, but don't know, that once a team is in dire straits, the manager in place finds it very difficult to address the problems and change the situation for the better .. it's a tough game, and Barnsley are just following the present trend, i.e. when in doubt, chuck the manager out 

See what a change Cowley has made and even more apt, what a difference Bowyer made to struggling teams
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hasn't gone down well with barnsley fans
    They don't blame Stendel for the poor results. Not happy with recruitment policy and owner from what I read 
  • Options
    David Moyes odds on to be next Everton Manager
  • Options
    They say never go back. I think that could be true here. 

Irrespective of whether he does go back Silva must surely be a dead man walking. 
  • Options
    They say never go back. I think that could be true here. 

Irrespective of whether he does go back Silva must surely be a dead man walking. 
    Given that he's been out of management for 18 months now, Moyes will take whatever job he can get!
  • Options
    Sunderland AFC announced this afternoon that it had terminated the contract of manager Jack Ross.
    https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2019/october/jack-ross-leaves-safc
  • Options
    Not surprised... Drew far too many games trying to protect a 1-0 lead last season - Wonder who they'll get up there
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Well I'm blowed Jack Ross gone, never saw that coming..,,,,,,,.next! 😉
  • Options
    Not surprised... Drew far too many games trying to protect a 1-0 lead last season - Wonder who they'll get up there
    Roy Keane or Big Sam?

On a serious note they could do a lot worse than Stendel who just left Barnsley, or even Phil Parkinson.
  • Options
    Roy Keane or Big Sam?

On a serious note they could do a lot worse than Stendel who just left Barnsley, or even Phil Parkinson.
    Stendel would probably be a good choice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    clive said:
    Sunderland AFC announced this afternoon that it had terminated the contract of manager Jack Ross.
    https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2019/october/jack-ross-leaves-safc
    remember how other big clubs, e.g. both Sheffields, Leeds, us, found it so diffucult to get out of L1 .. Gary Rowett would be a decent choice for the Mackems, but not sure he'd want it now he's getting a few TV gigs .. whoever goes there will still be on a restricted transfer budget come January

BUT remember, they are still in a play off spot .. perhaps being beaten by the mighty Lincoln Imps was the final straw ((:>)
  • Options
    International Breaks are notorious for managerial sackings, Sunderland have no game due to call ups...
  • Options
    Its heavily rumoured that Jose Gomes is gonna be sacked by Reading

Mark Hughes favourite to replace him
  • Options
    Maybe the fashion for continental managers is dying off a bit.
  • Options
    Its heavily rumoured that Jose Gomes is gonna be sacked by Reading

Mark Hughes favourite to replace him
    Parkinson to return to Reading? Club legend after all
  • Options
    There’s a chance Parky could get the Spanners gig. 
  • Options
    There’s a chance Parky could get the Spanners gig. 
    Oooh, yes please, Millwall need a cardigan wearing non descript, dul football playing manager
  • Options
    Thought the Stendel decision was tough - thought he had them playing decent football last season but goes to show Moneyball can come back and bite you when you dont get it right.
    Talking of Moneyball, Brentford, i thought, were very good against us earlier, so, who is in charge of their Moneyball? 
  • Options
    It’s just a touch that CAFC haven’t been on this thread for about 40+ pages imo 👍

Gobinson who?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Well I'm blowed Jack Ross gone, never saw that coming..,,,,,,,.next! 😉
    - Of current teams within the top four tiers of English league football, only Liverpool (1) and Manchester City (6) have lost fewer league games (excl. playoffs) than Sunderland (7) since Jack Ross was appointed ahead of 2018-19