Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    re Gary Monk .. big splash in the paper on Saturday .. he is suspected/has been accused of colluding with his agent to rig prices for players .. it's reported that Middlesbrough, another of his recent clubs are considering legal action against him for passing confidential information to an agent in order to inflate transfer fees .. similar accusations are made by the previous owner of Leeds and the current owner of Birmingham. Not good. I am sure there are many other managers/agents who have been and are still are 'at it' 
    Whilst i wouldn't trust too much that Cellino says, when other clubs are also saying similar then you have to wonder. A lot of the deals i've read about do seem a bit dodgy/overpriced and the agents insistence of being involved all the time is of course dodgy too.

If all this is proven to be true, i doubt you'll see Monk getting another job again. Who would employ him?
    Cellino banned this specific agent from Leeds and had enough of him trying to put his weight around the business they were conducting.

Monk is in big trouble, there is a big case against him with 3 clubs all saying pretty much the same thing. He won’t get another job. He also can’t do without Pep Clotet, who is the one who is the main coach which players actually like.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48947463

Big Sam turned it down, he was sounded out by Newcastle but doesn't want to return to an old club

Steve Bruce, Big Sam, I wonder if Tony Pulis and David Moyes have received a call yet!
  • Options

Big Sam turned it down, he was sounded out by Newcastle but doesn't want to return to an old club

Steve Bruce, Big Sam, I wonder if Tony Pulis and David Moyes have received a call yet!
    Listening to Big Sam this morning on TalkSport, he later went on about how they don't have anyone up front who can score goals now they have sold Perez and lost Rondon too. Said that is always going to be a very difficult job if you don't have someone who can put the ball in the net and finding someone who can replace those two is almost impossible, especially as they aren't going to be spending a lot of money until the takeover happens. Got the impression that if the situation was slightly different, he would have considered it.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Listening to Big Sam this morning on TalkSport, he later went on about how they don't have anyone up front who can score goals now they have sold Perez and lost Rondon too. Said that is always going to be a very difficult job if you don't have someone who can put the ball in the net and finding someone who can replace those two is almost impossible, especially as they aren't going to be spending a lot of money until the takeover happens. Got the impression that if the situation was slightly different, he would have considered it.
    Rondon was only ever a swap loan with Dwight Gayle so they've now got the latter back
  • Options
    Sage said:

Rondon was only ever a swap loan with Dwight Gayle so they've now got the latter back
    Not convinced that Gayle can do it in the Premier League. They're going to struggle I think this season unless Ashley sells the club quickly. A little like us, albeit I have faith in Bows to get us competitive.
  • Options
    I know Mike Ashley is very much "ask not what you can do for Newcastle but what Newcastle can do for you/Sports Direct" but is he on a deliberate wind up now?

They hate Allardyce don't they?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Not convinced that Gayle can do it in the Premier League. They're going to struggle I think this season unless Ashley sells the club quickly. A little like us, albeit I have faith in Bows to get us competitive.
    Nah he's in the Jordan Rhodes category
  • Options

Add Steve McLaren, Alan Pardew and Mark Hughes to the list as well. 
  • Options
    What happened to the previous Manager?
  • Options
    Oh I see he went to Hull 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bruce has resigned from Sheffield Wednesday...
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    He loves walking out of jobs.
    Correct.
  • Options
    Bruce has resigned from Sheffield Wednesday...
    I wonder where he'll end up ; - )

• Options
    Steve Bruce's track record.

Sheffield United: Resigned
    Huddersfield: Sacked
    Wigan: Resigned
    Crystal Palace: Resigned
    Birmingham: Resigned
    Sunderland: Sacked
    Hull: Resigned
    Aston Villa: Sacked
    Sheffield Wednesday: Resigned

• Options
    Looking at that list, i hadn't realised that he will now have been manager of both Sheff Utd and Sheff Weds, Birmingham and Villa and now Sunderland and Newcastle.

Mike Ashley is definitely taking the piss, how on earth can you go from Rafa Benitez to Bruce?!
  • Options

Is this a bad thing? Yes, it makes Bruce look disloyal, but it also shows that he is manager who has been in demand.
  • Options
    Bruce .. expect the Geordie fans to be up in arms about this .. that is if they are not shell shocked or just resigned to their fate .. I expect Newcastle to be relegated this coming season .. I hope that I am wrong
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sorry but Bruce is a knob, as much as I dislike the wendies, they gave him the job, allowed him to have a whole month off so he could go on holiday with his family, then 6 months later he resigns so he can take another job
  • Options

Update this in November to:
    Newcastle: Sacked

• Options
    This summer has been a disaster for Newcastle. Benitez leaving, Perez leaving to join Leicester, Rondon not returning

With Ashley making Roland look like an ambitious and interested owner, why would anyone decent want the managerial job there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This summer has been a disaster for Newcastle. Benitez leaving, Perez leaving to join Leicester, Rondon not returning

With Ashley making Roland look like an ambitious and interested owner, why would anyone decent want the managerial job there?
    Wouldnt go that far
  • Options

It was only a month ago they were about to be richer than Man City and Mbappe was on the way  :D
  • Options

If you include 'left for another club' as resigned, what other way out of a club is there than the above?

Every manager's track record would look the same?
  • Options

If you include 'left for another club' as resigned, what other way out of a club is there than the above?

The issue here I think is that he has had 10 jobs and resigned from 7.

Shows no loyalty from him at all
  • Options

The issue here I think is that he has had 10 jobs and resigned from 7.

Shows no loyalty from him at all
    Works both ways these days, clubs are hardly slow in getting rid.
  • Options
    Sorry but Bruce is a knob, as much as I dislike the wendies, they gave him the job, allowed him to have a whole month off so he could go on holiday with his family, then 6 months later he resigns so he can take another job
    On the other hand you could see it as:

Chef Wendy gave him the job, allowed him to take a whole month so he could go on holiday with his family and watch the cricket in the Caribbean, which gave them enough time to get rid of Daisy from English football before he rocked up for work.
  • Options
    Bruce has already paid back Wednesday: he saved them from relegation.
  • Options
    Bruce has already paid back Wednesday: he saved them from relegation.
    And £4m compensation.
  • Options
    never realised our ex player Bryan Hughes was Wrexham manager.