Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• It must be solely on his playing career for Chelsea, as 1 season as Manager at Derby and average season at that he is now looking at walking into a one of the top jobs in European football. Seems odd and unfair to me.
    If only the real world was like football world
    Not sure I care about the fairness of it. If Lampard does brilliantly then it's great that we have an English manager at one of the top clubs at last. If he fails and is sacked after 6 months, well it'll be funny to see Chelsea struggling and it's only Roman's dodgy Russian money that's been wasted.

If Chelsea are forced by the transfer embargo to use their best youngsters more, then Lampard will actually know them better than most European managers will, seeing that he had Mount and Tomori, and Abraham was also playing in the Championship
  • edited July 2019
    It must be solely on his playing career for Chelsea, as 1 season as Manager at Derby and average season at that he is now looking at walking into a one of the top jobs in European football. Seems odd and unfair to me.
    If only the real world was like football world
    Not sure I care about the fairness of it. If Lampard does brilliantly then it's great that we have an English manager at one of the top clubs at last. If he fails and is sacked after 6 months, well it'll be funny to see Chelsea struggling and it's only Roman's dodgy Russian money that's been wasted.

If Chelsea are forced by the transfer embargo to use their best youngsters more, then Lampard will actually know them better than most European managers will, seeing that he had Mount and Tomori, and Abraham was also playing in the Championship
    Would be Chelsea’s first English Manager (excluding caretakers) for 23 years. I think it would be a great move by them.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48840728

Paul Wilkinson leaves Truro to take over at Bury
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48840728

Paul Wilkinson leaves Truro to take over at Bury
    good striker in his day .. born just down the road in Louth, the capital of the Lincolnshire Wolds ((:>)
  • Frank Lampard been appointed Chelsea Manager

Nice of them to only approach Derby once we'd sorted Bowyer's contract out
  • Great move for Lampard as i'm sure he'll have been given a guarantee by Abramovich that he'll be given at least 2 years, given that in his first year he can't sign anyone and he's taking over a side that's just lost it's best player.

Players will respect him given his career there, the fans obviously love him and i'm pretty sure Abramovich loves him too.

Also a great chance for them to integrate some younger players into the squad and reassure the likes of Hudson-odoi who was previously looking to leave because of a lack of playing time.
  • Going to be interesting to see

Chelsea for years have had a great Youth setup (there is no denying it) yet as previous players have said, the endless list of foreign managers havent tapped into the youth teams because they've needed instant results, nor have they wanted to waste their time watching U23 games even when their office is yards away from where they're playing

With Lampard coming in we could see the likes of Hudson-Odoi / Abraham / Mount showing either what they can actually do when given a chance, either that or they'll prove that previous Managers were right not to trust in them
  • Hope they finish 12th and then 10th following season. The idea of Lampard in a few yrs being touted as England manager makes me sick. Cant stand fat git
  • Hope they finish 12th and then 10th following season. The idea of Lampard in a few yrs being touted as England manager makes me sick. Cant stand fat git
    Fat??? 
  • He was fat for a footballer. Maybe you missed all the chants?
    Anyway the chelsea legend from west ham stuff dont bother me its up to them. Ive met him 3 times and found him arrogant,ignorant and a cock. My own personal opinion. Hope he falls flat on his fat face and his wife has to run along and help him again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Phillip Cocu has been named the new Derby Manager
  • Former England women manager Mark Sampson has been appointed 1st team coach at Stevenage, his first job since he England one
  • Maybe he got the job because he said he liked their new kit?
  • Phillip Cocu has been named the new Derby Manager
    He always reminds me of the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :-O
  • edited July 2019
    Lampard … nice to see an English manager at a top club, AT LAST .. I've met him a few times (he coached my eldest son whilst at West Ham), I like him and he was a very good player, who did OK as Derby's manager, denied promotion by losing to a very good Villa team in the play off final.

Also, Abramovich, as usual, has been very shrewd. Refused a UK visa, he's keen to regain good relations with England in case Putin's goons ever come looking for him and he needs places, other than Israel, to hide himself, his family and his cash. What better way to get brownie points than to appoint an English manager to his football club.
  • Blackpool fella leaving ?
  • Blackpool fella leaving ?
    Seems poor from McPhillips, told the board he wanted to stay, signed players he wanted, told the players new and old he is going to stay, then turns round and says he doesnt want to stay
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48894385

Simon Grayson returns to Blackpool as manager. A very good record in L1

I like him. 
    His players always call him “Larry”. 

I like him. 
    His players always call him “Larry”. 
    'Shut that door'.................. on your way out son  ;).
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently Steve Bruce set to become Newcastle's new manager. I can't wait to see them in their 6-4-0 formation next season.
  • He loves walking out of jobs.
  • In the space of 2-3 weeks, Newcastle have gone from an imminent takeover by a billionaire Arab Sheikh and looking at buying the worlds best players.............to losing Rafa Benitez and Ayoze Perez and possibly having Steve Bruce as manager.
  • That would be the classic "same old, same old" appointment
  • In the space of 2-3 weeks, Newcastle have gone from an imminent takeover by a billionaire Arab Sheikh and looking at buying the worlds best players.............to losing Rafa Benitez and Ayoze Perez and possibly having Steve Bruce as manager.
    Christ and I thought shit like that could only happen to us!!
  • re Gary Monk .. big splash in the paper on Saturday .. he is suspected/has been accused of colluding with his agent to rig prices for players .. it's reported that Middlesbrough, another of his recent clubs are considering legal action against him for passing confidential information to an agent in order to inflate transfer fees .. similar accusations are made by the previous owner of Leeds and the current owner of Birmingham. Not good. I am sure there are many other managers/agents who have been and are still are 'at it' 
  • re Gary Monk .. big splash in the paper on Saturday .. he is suspected/has been accused of colluding with his agent to rig prices for players .. it's reported that Middlesbrough, another of his recent clubs are considering legal action against him for passing confidential information to an agent in order to inflate transfer fees .. similar accusations are made by the previous owner of Leeds and the current owner of Birmingham. Not good. I am sure there are many other managers/agents who have been and are still are 'at it' 
    Whilst i wouldn't trust too much that Cellino says, when other clubs are also saying similar then you have to wonder. A lot of the deals i've read about do seem a bit dodgy/overpriced and the agents insistence of being involved all the time is of course dodgy too.

If all this is proven to be true, i doubt you'll see Monk getting another job again. Who would employ him?
  • I always thought Monk was a bit fishy 
  • I always thought Monk was a bit fishy 
    Just got into a bad habit