Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully its just done the opposite!!
  • Options
    Bowyer could not be clearer on where he stands and as usual he is up straight and fair to us supporters. If our ‘owners’ have leaked this in the hope of generating £750k to cover 6 weeks running costs, they can properly fook right off, but have no grounds to believe this is the case and suspect it is lazy/opportunistic journalism.
    Was it by Alan Nixon ? Or just another lazy journo making stuff up

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53401150

Colchester remove John McGreal

Belt tightening, with increased use of academy players is their plan
  • Options
    Huddersfield sack Cowley according to BBC
  • Options
    Very surprised 
  • Options
    Pearson sacked by Watford
  • Options
    Have they? - Its been rumoured but nothing official from Watford
  • Options
    Have they? - Its been rumoured but nothing official from Watford
    Apparently the players have been told and an official confirmation is due
  • Options
    Madness!!... But then again Watford love a Managerial change for the sake of it so not really out of character from them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Craig Shakespeare was apparently asked to take over for the 2 games, but he said no and he has been sacked as well, from what I have heard
  • Options
    Just a thought but I wonder if Pearson has a bonus in his contract for keeping them up and Watford are trying to get away with not having to pay it. 
  • Options
    Read in the Mail today that he wouldn't be their manager next season whether he kept them up or not.
  • Options
    Been confirmed on the BBC now
  • Options
    Pretty sure Pearson was only contracted until the end of the season anyway! Very odd timing
  • Options
    Been confirmed on the BBC now
    Still not actually confirmed by the club tho lol
  • Options
    Who would take the Cowleys under Varney, if Bowyer is tempted by Birmingham? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Who would take the Cowleys under Varney, if Bowyer is tempted by Birmingham? 
    No thanks I'd rather JJ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cowley brothers for me please
  • Options
    Cowley brothers for me, sorry JJ but I do not want another untried manager running the 1st team.
  • Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Football_League_managers

Including his time as caretaker manager, Bowyer is now the 20th longest serving manager  :D

That shows the madness of modern football
  • Options
    Southampton score and BT Commentator says "that will cheer Nigel Pearson up as he is eating his sunday lunch"

A few minutes later, "we are hearing Nigel Pearson has been sacked by Watford so he wont be enjoying his Sunday lunch after all"
    His contract was only to the end of this season.
  • Options
    Southampton score and BT Commentator says "that will cheer Nigel Pearson up as he is eating his sunday lunch"

A few minutes later, "we are hearing Nigel Pearson has been sacked by Watford so he wont be enjoying his Sunday lunch after all"
    His contract was only to the end of this season.
    Still strange given that there are just two games left. Pearson came in with Watford in a position where they had secured just 8 points from 15 games. Under Pearson they've taken 25 from 20 games.

The injury to Deulofeu was a real body blow and following that Watford have picked up just 7 points from 8 matches.

Harsh nevertheless and a big gamble by the owners. 
  • Options
    Rumours circulating on Watford message board that Pearson punched defender Adam Masina after the West Ham game on Friday.

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/nigel-pearson-sacked.57246/page-10

It seems that Craig Shakespeare, Pearson's assistant was asked to take over and declined. Regardless of the accuracy of the Masina rumour, it does all point to some sort of "incident", rather than a tactical decision.
  • Options
    Karanka being linked to Birmingham now
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Chris Hughton been confirmed as Bristol City manager

Edit: Hughton is in talks but the tweet I saw was a fake one
  • Options
    Chris Hughton been confirmed as Bristol City manager
    Good move that. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Rumours circulating on Watford message board that Pearson punched defender Adam Masina after the West Ham game on Friday.

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/nigel-pearson-sacked.57246/page-10

It seems that Craig Shakespeare, Pearson's assistant was asked to take over and declined. Regardless of the accuracy of the Masina rumour, it does all point to some sort of "incident", rather than a tactical decision.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53479186

Deeney has denied there was a fight