Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Steve Clarke new Scotland manager. 
    Alex Dyer as his assistant? 
    yep

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4275934/steve-clarke-kilmarnock-alex-dyer-scotland/ 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Steve Clarke new Scotland manager. 
    Alex Dyer as his assistant? 
    yep

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4275934/steve-clarke-kilmarnock-alex-dyer-scotland/ 
    From managing Welling 2 years ago in NLS, to becoming Scotland assistant.

It's sad to see someone's career decline in this way
    it's only part time so a bit like manning the phones at the Samaritans a couple nights a week... 
  • Options
    Well done Alex.
  • Options
    Strong rumours all over the Spanish press that Valverde will be sacked in the next 24 hours.

Perhaps harsh given they won the league, but the abysmal collapse to Liverpool plus losing the Copa del Rey final hasn't helped him, neither has the fact the fans don't really like his style of play.

However the most shocking aspect of this news is that the favourite to take his place is....................Roberto Martinez!! He must have a very good agent.
  • Options
    Strong rumours all over the Spanish press that Valverde will be sacked in the next 24 hours.

Perhaps harsh given they won the league, but the abysmal collapse to Liverpool plus losing the Copa del Rey final hasn't helped him, neither has the fact the fans don't really like his style of play.

However the most shocking aspect of this news is that the favourite to take his place is....................Roberto Martinez!! He must have a very good agent.
    Wait ‘til they find out that Bowyer’s contract hasn’t been renewed yet!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Bielsa staying at Leeds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48383582

Really going to look forward to that fixture at the Valley now... Not to mention is one less club that will look at pinching Bowyer from us
  • Options
    Bielsa staying at Leeds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48383582

Really going to look forward to that fixture at the Valley now... Not to mention is one less club that will look at pinching Bowyer from us
    They'd better put some higher fencing around the training ground to stop him spying though!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Bielsa has extended his contract with Leeds for another year so at least they won't be sniffing around Bowyer.

edit; Beaten to it by @ForeverAddicted; you snooze you lose 😴
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Bielsa has extended his contract with Leeds for another year so at least they won't be sniffing around Bowyer.

edit; Beaten to it by @ForeverAddicted; you snooze you loose 😴
    The walkway next to Sparrows Lane is a public footpath.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    seth plum said:
    RedChaser said:

edit; Beaten to it by @ForeverAddicted; you snooze you loose 😴
    The walkway next to Sparrows Lane is a public footpath.
    Already happened to us this season, but not from Leeds.
  • Options
    Do tell us more
  • Options
    I wonder if Barca swoops for Benitez. He is out of contract. Kinda slim pickings for top managers at the moment. Mourinho would be a disaster for them.
  • Options
    I wonder if Barca swoops for Benitez. He is out of contract. Kinda slim pickings for top managers at the moment. Mourinho would be a disaster for them.
    Wouldnt touch Mourinho

Wouldnt be surrised if they go for another ex player, maybe Xavi
  • Options
    Wouldnt touch Mourinho

The Barca team at it's peak (immediately after Pep left) barely needed coaching, so many world class players who 100% knew and bought into their system 

Things are a bit different now, they need someone with a track record. 
  • Options
    Wouldnt touch Mourinho

Admittedly he'd find it pretty hard to turn the Barca job down but he's literally only just been given the managers job of his Qatari club, Al Sadd.
  • Options
    Do tell us more
    Let’s just say I don’t like hypocritical clubs moaning about what happened to Derby when some League One clubs were doing the same. I’m not going to mention specific suspected clubs on an open forum. 
  • Options
    Still don't see the problem myself, seems like smart scouting imo.
  • Options
    Nigel Atkins leaving Hull City at the end of the month.

Plenty of openings within the Championship and the season hasnt even started yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Plenty of openings within the Championship and the season hasnt even started yet
    Thought he'd done ok there
  • Options

So did I... at one stage they looked an outside bet for potentially making the Play-Offs
  • Options

He wasn't sacked, he turned down Hull's contract offer.
  • Options

He wasn't sacked, he turned down Hull's contract offer.
    That doesn't give a lot of confidence in Hull next season, as Adkins it seems would have loved to stay but felt that he couldn't
  • Options
    Wouldnt touch Mourinho

Admittedly he'd find it pretty hard to turn the Barca job down but he's literally only just been given the managers job of his Qatari club, Al Sadd.
    My guess would be ex-captain Puyol, much loved and a Catalan too.
  • Options
    Steve Cooper (won the U17 World Cup with England recently) is set to be appointed as the new Swansea Manager
  • Options
    Meanwhile in a darkened room, Nobby Vinegar sharpens up on his English, “the President is a great man and I have a really good budget for the championola”
  • Options
    Steve Cooper (won the U17 World Cup with England recently) is set to be appointed as the new Swansea Manager
    Swansea once again taking a brave approach, rather than one of the usual names
  • Options
    Seems this one has slipped under the radar!!

Ryan Lowe is the new Plymouth Manager it seems... Shocked at that one after he got Bury promoted to League One!!

Especially as his whole career has pretty much been spent in the North of England apart from a spell @ MK Dons
  • Options
    Bury short of cash. Wouldn’t be surprised if he hasn’t been paid for ages.