Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Allegri was in charge for 5 years and lost only 36 games in all competitions. 11 trophies and 2 CL runners up. Incredible record.

I wonder if Man U wish they'd waited until the summer as he'd have been a better appointment than Solksjaer.
    Now Allegri is available, they may well give OGS the boot.
    Whilst I am yet to encounter a single person who can understand why they appointed OGS permanently before the end of the season, when there was absolutely no need at all to do so, they would make themselves look utterly ridiculous if they sacked him 6 weeks into a 3 year contract. 

They need to stick with him, clear out the bad eggs and back him in the transfer window. They will then look slightly less ridiculous when they sack him just before the start of the January transfer window with United in 7th and miles off the Champions League places.
  • MrLargo said:
    Allegri was in charge for 5 years and lost only 36 games in all competitions. 11 trophies and 2 CL runners up. Incredible record.

I wonder if Man U wish they'd waited until the summer as he'd have been a better appointment than Solksjaer.
    Whilst I am yet to encounter a single person who can understand why they appointed OGS permanently before the end of the season, when there was absolutely no need at all to do so, they would make themselves look utterly ridiculous if they sacked him 6 weeks into a 3 year contract. 

They need to stick with him, clear out the bad eggs and back him in the transfer window. They will then look slightly less ridiculous when they sack him just before the start of the January transfer window with United in 7th and miles off the Champions League places.
    Because the media were banging on saying that they couldnt understand why Man Utd hadnt signed him on a perm the moment they beat PSG, even a lot of Football fans were calling for it

Funnily you wonder where all those people have disappeared to as the media have done what they always do which is pretend they never wrote any of the original stories
  • Allegri to Chelsea perhaps?
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48323075

Potter looks sets to take the Brighton job
  • Allegri to Chelsea perhaps?
    Unless they can get the transfer ban overturned I don’t think managers will be too eager to join Chelsea right now. 

Shame that Potter has jumped ship, dont think it'll work for him @ Brighton and think he'll set his reputation back

Swansea was turning into a great project for him, he came over from Sweden as an unknown (in some ways) and there was never any certainty that he'd succeed - They certainly didn't have a great summer of rebuilding after relegation and Potter was slowly putting together a great team of youngsters like Daniel James who looks to be going to Man Utd, just think he should have stuck in Wales for a bit longer

That doesn’t seem fair to the rest....Expelliarmus eh @Leuth

Shame that Potter has jumped ship, dont think it'll work for him @ Brighton and think he'll set his reputation back

Swansea was turning into a great project for him, he came over from Sweden as an unknown (in some ways) and there was never any certainty that he'd succeed - They certainly didn't have a great summer of rebuilding after relegation and Potter was slowly putting together a great team of youngsters like Daniel James who looks to be going to Man Utd, just think he should have stuck in Wales for a bit longer
    Swansea look like a team going backwards, with their best players leaving and money for decent replacements not there, I'm not surprised a chance of PL glory has proved tempting. It's not as if Brighton are a "sacking" club either
  • edited May 2019
    Allegri to Chelsea perhaps?
    Unless they can get the transfer ban overturned I don’t think managers will be too eager to join Chelsea right now. 
    They Probably will get it overturned. Only poor clubs really ever get punished.

Swansea look like a team going backwards, with their best players leaving and money for decent replacements not there, I'm not surprised a chance of PL glory has proved tempting. It's not as if Brighton are a "sacking" club either
    Exactly, not many would turn down a chance with a well run PL club to stay at Swansea in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:
    Allegri was in charge for 5 years and lost only 36 games in all competitions. 11 trophies and 2 CL runners up. Incredible record.

they sacked Moyes 10 months into a SIX year contract, so anything's possible.

But yes i agree they need to give him the summer to clear out the dead wood and back him well in the transfer market. 
  • edited May 2019
    Of course everyone has heard that Vincent Kompany has left Man City... Seems he's gone back to Belgium and will be Player-Manager @ Anderlecht

Bet they'll get a few Man City loans this summer
  • MrLargo said:

Because the media were banging on saying that they couldnt understand why Man Utd hadnt signed him on a perm the moment they beat PSG, even a lot of Football fans were calling for it

Funnily you wonder where all those people have disappeared to as the media have done what they always do which is pretend they never wrote any of the original stories
    Did I just dream that OGS won his first 10 games with United and got everyone playing with a free spirit ?
    Your right FA, the media band wagon and ex players and current players all said give the job to the baby faced assassin, except one that I heard, Paul Ince, who said wait till the end of season.
  • Steve Clarke new Scotland manager. 
    Alex Dyer as his assistant? 
  • Graham Potter confirmed as Brighton manager. Good appointment that
  • Tony Pulis has left Middlesbrough

Jonathan Woodgate taking over
    Woodgate/Bowyer .. rings some loud bells
    Agree as long as premier players buy into his methods and philosophy.
    He took a fourth tier Swedish club Ostersunds to the top division and won the Swedish cup and got to the KO stages of Europa cup.
    With the backing of Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Dan Ashworth I'm confident they will finish above Palace next Season.
    Agree as long as premier players buy into his methods and philosophy.
    He took a fourth tier Swedish club Ostersunds to the top division and won the Swedish cup and got to the KO stages of Europa cup.
    With the backing of Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Dan Ashworth I'm confident they will finish above Palace next Season.
    I'm glad they've taken a punt on a young British manager rather than the usual merry-go-round type, Pardew, Pulis, Sam A-lard-arse, mark Hughes etc
    Was talking about this earlier, when he was asked he said with a big grin on his face “good question” then pretended someone was calling him and walked off smiling.

Very happy with this appointment (thought he was going to turn it down) so if Steve Clarke wants him he’d get my support. SC needs to be able to bring in his own team otherwise it’s limiting his chances before he’s even picked his first squad.

• Sponsored links:

• Steve Evans gone to Gillingham........they deserve each other.
    Was talking about this earlier, when he was asked he said with a big grin on his face “good question” then pretended someone was calling him and walked off smiling.

Very happy with this appointment (thought he was going to turn it down) so if Steve Clarke wants him he’d get my support. SC needs to be able to bring in his own team otherwise it’s limiting his chances before he’s even picked his first squad.

Dyer swerves question on Scotland role

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48330430
    The scally, sweaty and the horse and trap. 
    Cant wait to see him trying to get into one of their caravans!!
    I read that as “trying to eat one of their caravans”

.....still works
  • Great news for the Takeaways in the Medway Towns

An interesting choice of manager, I imagine he doesn't come cheap and wouldn't go to a club just happy to survive in L1. 
  • Yet another good reason, as if we needed one, to get out of league one.
  • Former England and Chelsea captain John Terry, the current Aston Villa assistant boss, is in talks with Middlesbrough about becoming their new manager. (Talksport)
    The scally, sweaty and the horse and trap. 
    Was that by Enid Blyton? 

Part of her 'infamous three' series?