Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:

Fleetwood have sacked Uwe Rösler.

Good, don't like the smug prick to be honest.

Farce decision... Did they think they'd do better than last season? - Especially after losing Devante Cole in the summer

They might be in trouble yet Plymouth have proven how quickly it can change
  • Options
    Sage said:

I hadn't realised how much they had struggled recently
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Sage said:

Farce decision... Did they think they'd do better than last season? - Especially after losing Devante Cole in the summer

They lost Devante Cole in January to Wigan, no surprise really. They’ve been poor all season and only won 3 league games, losing 10, since the end of October.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

They lost Devante Cole in January to Wigan, no surprise really. They’ve been poor all season and only won 3 league games, losing 10, since the end of October.
    Grr... Cheers, knew he went in January, dont know why I said the Summer!!
  • Options
    Bob Peeters will be grinning like a Belgian cat.
  • Options
    Robinson is now the 11th longest serving manager in L1...
  • Options
    Uwe Rosler: German sacked as Fleetwood Town head coach

Uwe Rosler has previously managed Brentford, Wigan and Leeds

Fleetwood Town have sacked head coach Uwe Rosler after seven straight defeats in all competitions.

Saturday's 3-0 loss at Doncaster Rovers left the Cod Army in 20th and above the relegation zone on goal difference.

German Rosler, 49, took over at Highbury Stadium in July 2016, nine months after he was sacked by Leeds.
  • Options
    I've been surprised at how badly Fleetwood have done this season. Expected then at least top half and an outside chance of the playoffs
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43193015

McCann sacked by Peterborough. Another club who will get the "new manager" bounce when we play them in 2 weeks
  • Options
    We should hire and fire a new manager every month. Theoretically, we would be in "bounce" mode every game. We would win everything!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

McCann sacked by Peterborough. Another club who will get the "new manager" bounce when we play them in 2 weeks

I hate to say this as I live in Peterborough,but they would most probably have beaten us anyway,,,
  • Options

We should hire and fire a new manager every month. Theoretically, we would be in "bounce" mode every game. We would win everything!

A "Have I Got News For You"-style guest manager of the week.

For all we know it's one of the consolation prizes for the Crossbar Challenge.
  • Options

Director of football Barry Fry added: "Grant has worked morning, afternoon and night on behalf of the football club.

"There is such a thin line between success and failure. There have been many decisions that have gone against us this season and we would certainly be in a better position in the league had they gone in our favour.

"His work ethic has been second to none and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him for any job at any other club."

Presumably, as long as the job isn't with Peterborough FC :smile:
  • Options
    so sacked because of bad luck. weird.
  • Options

Director of football Barry Fry added: "Grant has worked morning, afternoon and night on behalf of the football club.

"There is such a thin line between success and failure. There have been many decisions that have gone against us this season and we would certainly be in a better position in the league had they gone in our favour.

"His work ethic has been second to none and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him for any job at any other club."

Presumably, as long as the job isn't with Peterborough FC :smile:
    TRANSLATION = We have to keep paying him his monthly contract salary until he gets another job.
  • Options
    Credit to Craig Bellamy in regards to the Oxford job that he's pulled himself out of the running for...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43226185

"I was always informed that it could happen down the road and last minute it came in after we had agreed," Bellamy told Sky Sports.

"That's fine because the welfare of Oxford United is way more important than the manager is going to be, even for myself.
  • Options
    Think he pulled out because one of the clauses was that he had to have the chairman's name, Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, tattooed on his arse.
  • Options
    Cotteril gone from Birmingham.

Sacking Rowett such a good plan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cotterill is yet another bloke who has had nearly as many clubs as Jack Nicklaus and continues to find some mug Chairman to employ him.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Cotterill is yet another bloke who has had nearly as many clubs as Jack Nicklaus and continues to find some mug Chairman to employ him.
    Always think that, he's failed so many times!
  • Options
    Next job for Pardew!

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Not just Cotterill though is it. You could draw a line through his name in your sentence and insert any number of managers names who get regularly sacked and muggy chairmen re-employ them.

• Options
    edited March 2018

RedChaser said:

Not just Cotterill though is it. You could draw a line through his name in your sentence and insert any number of managers names who get regularly sacked and muggy chairmen re-employ them.

You're right and that's why I said 'yet another' Mike. I trust you got back safe and sound and not affected too much by the jet lag and severe drop in temperature :wink:
  • Options

up there with the sacking of our very own SCP.

but we know that chairmen / owners always know best.
  • Options

Was watching the Football League Show tonight and apparantly the Birmingham owner is out in China, doesnt have someone over here to run the club in his "absense" with all meetings done through Skype

Surely these blokes get rich in the first place because they look at other business models and adapt works, ignoring what doesnt work

Surely if your a foreign owner its clear from recent clubs the first thing you do is take a look at how clubs get promoted a follow that model.

The last thing they must want to do is keep their distance from the club and if that is the case, the worst approach is to hire someone else who dont have a clue or no one at all.

Charlton and Birmingham are perfect examples to ignore, unless you want to lose money quickly!!
  • Options

Much worse really, Birmingham were in a decent mid table position when Rowett was sacked and looking towards promotion...
  • Options
    They were 7th and only 3 points off of 3rd.