Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options

You know plenty of Wolves fans ?

PM coming.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

They spent £27m last summer. That might go some way to explaining why they're fairing a bit better this season.

I just said that.

But the key is that with Lambert at the helm, they could not have spent that money. Players care about where they play and live. Frankly, who wants to live in Wolverhampton? Not £10M players. If they do, they want to play for someone they can feel affinity to. And that ain't Lambert. Add in that he was the worst interview I've ever seen in pre and post game news conferences for them and I think he does not engender positivity wherever he is. Since he also plays negative football, this makes sense.

I know plenty of Wolves fans. None of them thinks Lambert was a success. Certainly no one misses him there. Having 4 jobs in 3.5 years tells me no recent club has bent over backwards to keep him, either. There is probably a reason for that.

I will say though that he does have a history of "bounces." Teams always get better for 4-6 matches after his arrival, probably because he sorts out their defense a bit. But every time, it wears off and then everyone gets weary... of him.

My guess is he will be sacked within 12 months. If not sooner.
    I only know one. Richard Murray.
  • Options
    Is he really?
  • Options

MrLargo said:

They spent £27m last summer. That might go some way to explaining why they're fairing a bit better this season.

I just said that.

But the key is that with Lambert at the helm, they could not have spent that money. Players care about where they play and live. Frankly, who wants to live in Wolverhampton? Not £10M players. If they do, they want to play for someone they can feel affinity to. And that ain't Lambert. Add in that he was the worst interview I've ever seen in pre and post game news conferences for them and I think he does not engender positivity wherever he is. Since he also plays negative football, this makes sense.

I know plenty of Wolves fans. None of them thinks Lambert was a success. Certainly no one misses him there. Having 4 jobs in 3.5 years tells me no recent club has bent over backwards to keep him, either. There is probably a reason for that.

I will say though that he does have a history of "bounces." Teams always get better for 4-6 matches after his arrival, probably because he sorts out their defense a bit. But every time, it wears off and then everyone gets weary... of him.

My guess is he will be sacked within 12 months. If not sooner.
    That’s not the way the Coates family operate - trust me, I know them very well.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I trust your judgement on that, then. I know nothing about the Coates.
  • Options

PM coming.
    Why a pm?im sure a lot of people are interested in how a guy from
    Northern California knows a number of wolves fans. This is more interesting than the takeover thread
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42591089

Phil Brown about to be given the push from Southend...
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42591089

Phil Brown about to be given the push from Southend...

Shitter, that's bad timing, they might go for Powell.

Don't do it Chris, there's a job coming up here soon, we need you.
  • Options
    Robbie Neilson sacked by MK Franchise
  • Options
    MK Dons have just sacked Robbie Neilson according to the Football League Show... Not surprised thats happened as was surprised to see them in the relegation zone.

Guess its proof how tight the bottom half of the table is this season, especially with how Gillingham and Plymouth have managed to get themselves clear of the relegation zone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MK Dons are easily the worst side we've seen down The Valley this season
  • Options

MK Dons are easily the worst side we've seen down The Valley this season

Would take a huge effort as well for a team to be worse than them!!
  • Options
    He did well for them last season after replacing Robinson, surprised they’ve struggled this season
  • Options
    yeah they played some lovely stuff at the valley last season. albeit we were dreadful
  • Options
    New owner comes in gets rid of KR
    KR to MK Franchise
  • Options
    Maybe Neilson will go back to Hearts
  • Options
    Watford have sacked Silva
  • Options

Strewth. That is surprising.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Blimey they seem to get through managers at the same rate as us. The new incumbent will be the 8th (including two caretakers) since December 2013 :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    I know they've been on a poor run lately but they're still 10th and through to the next round of the FA Cup. Surely he deserved a bit more time to turn it round.

Football these days is crazy, one bad run and you're gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wonder if they regret turning down the rumoured 15 million Everton are said to have offered

Allegedly lost the dressing room
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Strewth. That is surprising.
    Its not that surprising.

He was evens to be next prem manager to leave,

There form has been poor since he was linked with Everton
  • Options

I know they've been on a poor run lately but they're still 10th and through to the next round of the FA Cup. Surely he deserved a bit more time to turn it round.

Football these days is crazy, one bad run and you're gone.

One bad run and there was a Robinson out thread
  • Options

KR to MK Franchise

KR now 3rd favourite for MK Franchise job
  • Options

KR to MK Franchise

KR now 3rd favourite for MK Franchise job
    Why would he go back at this stage, it makes no sense when we are above them in the table and he has a contract here. If new owners came in and sacked him, he'd at least get a payoff
  • Options
    I had no idea who the favourite was for MK Franchise job his name is Dan Micciche

He was Dele Ali's mentor
    And was England under 16 manager until he was sacked in September.

Not much experience then and can see them going down if they appoint him
  • Options
    Oxford have sacked their Manager this morning.

Surprised that with them in 10th, they've lost 9 of their last 13 games... Seems to be a similar type sacking to Marco Silva @ Watford, just without another club causing a distraction.

Wonder if MK Dons might take a look at him as he's not done badly in his first English role
  • Options
    Pep Clotet sacked by Oxford United.
    https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/january/pep-departs/

• Options
    clive said:
    His own fault. Should have concentrated on the League and not the Checkatrade Cup:-)
  • Options
    Surprised as he was highly thought of at Leeds and other than going on a poor run, Oxford are about where they should be in my opinion.