Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Other 2 goals scored by Charles Clayden , a friendly match arranged  at short notice
    Mental we’ve not even given him a chance on the bench yet still persisting with central midfielders out wide
    Risk versus reward. I’m sure a few youngsters will be blooded in cup competitions next season as a minimum 
    We have taken the season to the last game in the last 4 years, it's been far from ideal blooding youngsters. 
  • Options

Academy Update

Charlton have taken up the option of an extra year on the contracts of U23s Wassim Aouachria, Billy French, Hady Ghandour and Lucas Ness.

The club have offered new contracts to Charles Clayden, Ben Dempsey, Nathan Harness, Nathan Harvey, Jay Mingi, Johl Powell and James Vennings.

Second-year scholars Terrell Agyemang, Jimmy Appiah, Nazir Bakrin, Mason Burstow, Dylan Gavin, Jeremy Santos have all been offered pro contracts.

U18s captain Richard Chin, who has been on an extended schoolboy registration, has been offered a pro contract. 

The club can confirm the following U23s players have left the club following the expiration of their contracts with Charlton: Richard Afrane-Kesey, Kasim Aidoo, Eddie Allsopp, Freddy Barton, Junior Quitirna, Harry Taylor and Luca Vega.

• Options

Academy Update

Charlton have taken up the option of an extra year on the contracts of U23s Wassim Aouachria, Billy French, Hady Ghandour and Lucas Ness.

The club have offered new contracts to Charles Clayden, Ben Dempsey, Nathan Harness, Nathan Harvey, Jay Mingi, Johl Powell and James Vennings.

Second-year scholars Terrell Agyemang, Jimmy Appiah, Nazir Bakrin, Mason Burstow, Dylan Gavin, Jeremy Santos have all been offered pro contracts.

U18s captain Richard Chin, who has been on an extended schoolboy registration, has been offered a pro contract. 

The club can confirm the following U23s players have left the club following the expiration of their contracts with Charlton: Richard Afrane-Kesey, Kasim Aidoo, Eddie Allsopp, Freddy Barton, Junior Quitirna, Harry Taylor and Luca Vega.

Always feel sad for the lads released - must be shattering to be told that
    Indeed. My son has either played football or cricket with four of the boys involved at Charlton - Richard Chin and Euan Williams who are both on pro contracts and Harry Beadle and Freddy Barton who have both been released. Slightly surprised with Freddy leaving so early as he did look like a tenacious full back in the Solly mould who had a bit about him. We just have to trust those in charge and wish him and the others released every success in their careers.
  • Options
    Surprised Dempsey has been offered a new deal. Clayden will be the next one in and around the first team, very good player.
  • Options
    what was the name of the Aussie kid signed last summer, is he still with us?
  • Options
    Hope Burstows goal in the U18 game hasn't given him other options because he looked very decent.
  • Options
    Really surprised we let go of Junior Quitirna
  • Options
    Maynard Brewer? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maynard Brewer? 
    Matt dench I think, not sure if he’s still about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was a 1st year scholar this season so should have another year in the u18s.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f5a3fb1cecf1/meet-the-scholars-ayodeji-elerewe-and-matt-dench
  • Options

Published yesterday:

Charlton Athletic U18s midfielder Matt Dench spoke to Valley Gold after the recent 4-2 defeat at home to Bristol City.

The 17-year-old signed from Australia last July and describes himself as an attacking midfielder who likes to get forward, get on the ball and creates goals told Valley Gold:

“It was a difficult first half with the conditions going against us but it didn’t stop us from playing and controlling the game. Although we controlled most of the play we still needed to be more clinical in front of the goal. We had many opportunities that we couldn’t quite finish.

“We also needed to be more reliable in front of our own goal when playing out from the back. We conceded twice from these situations which was disappointing & very unlike us.

“Just as we went one-nil down, Tyreece Campbell brought us back on level terms with a clinical finish from a counterattack. We then went 2-1 up when Mason Burstow converted a Zach Mitchell cutback to reward some very good approach play. But we were pegged back due to a mistake when trying to play in our defensive third and we were punished. The score at half-time, 2-2.

“In the second half we conceded from their first attack with a poor clearance from a long ball that they finished first time. It was not the way we wanted to start the second half. We didn’t have as much control after half-time. We couldn’t seem to find a rhythm or intensity to our play and overall we didn’t string together as many passes. Towards the latter stages of the game, we give away an unnecessary foul on the edge of our box which resulted in another goal. The final score was 2-4 to Bristol City.

“Although we were unfortunate to end the season with a loss after a 12 game unbeaten streak we won the league. After the game, we collected our medals and the trophy.”

• Options
    Am surprised Eddie Allsopp has been released as he was training with the first team and part of the team thst played against Brentford B in Adkins first game
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maynard Brewer? 
    Matt dench I think, not sure if he’s still about

Addickted said:

Signed a four year deal.

• Options
    Am surprised Eddie Allsopp has been released as he was training with the first team and part of the team thst played against Brentford B in Adkins first game
    We have to remember it is a two way street, the players have to want to stay as well as us want them.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We have to remember it is a two way street, the players have to want to stay as well as us want them.
    Its very true... Didnt someone suggest that Man City were after a player from our U23s?

Be curious to see where these kids end up, wont be surprised if one or two move upwards

Although even Toby Stevenson / Josh Davison have proved that if you're released from a League One club, there is nothing to say that a Championship U23 team might want to take a look, and see something in them that we've missed.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Its very true... Didnt someone suggest that Man City were after a player from our U23s?

Be curious to see where these kids end up, wont be surprised if one or two move upwards

Although even Toby Stevenson / Josh Davison have proved that if you're released from a League One club, there is nothing to say that a Championship U23 team might want to take a look, and see something in them that we've missed.
    I'm sure Josh Davison has not been released. He has a contract until 2023.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

FA means Davison being released by Peterborough but then earning a contract in the league above (i.e us) as Stevenson did when we released him. Davison did earn it by going non-league and doing well, Stevenson was a bit more surprising as it was a direct move. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yeah sorry I presumed that people knew that Davison started out @ Peterborough
  • Options
    Me too. Seemed to get his fair share of goals and looked a very tricky player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Some of these players have refused to re-sign with Charlton, despite the club offering renewals - I don’t know which ones, but it’s definitely the case that in some cases the players has decided to move on
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Some of these players have refused to re-sign with Charlton, despite the club offering renewals - I don’t know which ones, but it’s definitely the case that in some cases the players has decided to move on
    Better they do imo

• Options
  • Options
    Next seasons fixtures,
    https://www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/professional-development-league/fixtures/
      It would be helpful if the club update the website with this seasons fixtures & venues.
  • Options
    Harry beadle travelling to Birmingham tonight for Colchester match against bowyer and marsh’s Birmingham - continues to impress 
  • Options
    Apologies this isn't quite the right place but I see that Jordan Zemura started Bournemouth's first game of the season playing 90mins. He was outright released by us a few seasons back, was he any good? 
  • Options
    Apologies this isn't quite the right place but I see that Jordan Zemura started Bournemouth's first game of the season playing 90mins. He was outright released by us a few seasons back, was he any good? 
    I liked the look of him, think I saw him in one of the youth cup games that was streamed. A pacey attacking left back.

Never found out if/why he was released or if he rejected our offer.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I liked the look of him, think I saw him in one of the youth cup games that was streamed. A pacey attacking left back.

Never found out if/why he was released or if he rejected our offer.
    I think I read on here that it was the players decision to go. 

Luckily it wasn’t Ronnie Moore who said it, therefore, no reason not to believe it