Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• 40' GOAAALLL! And Charlton are back in front! Lapslie was brought down inside the area and Vennings kept his cool to convert the resulting penalty. #wfc 2-3 #cafc

• edited February 2020
    Vennings sounds like a very decent penalty taker.

Wonder if one of those that regularly attends thinks of him. I've only seen him play more than 60 minutes once in person (Broadbridge Heath)

@Henry Irving
     did the Museum receive that programme? If not I'll send my own one in. 

• Half-time here at after a breathless first-half with in this U23 clash.

45’

2-3
  • No further updates yet...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Surprised Smith isn't getting some minutes, unless he isn't allowed? 
    Time probably better spent with the 1st team i would have thought , if he plays today its probably no training tomorrow, which reduces the time to get working with Bows Jacko and the team.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Time probably better spent with the 1st team i would have thought , if he plays today its probably no training tomorrow, which reduces the time to get working with Bows Jacko and the team.
    With no game until Saturday you would think blowing away some cobwebs would be useful. Any idea when he last played a game? 
  • If only there was somewhere fans could ask Chuks direct questions about his recent form this week.
    it would need to be a social environment, maybe somewhere the fans could also get a drink? 
    That would be ideal.

Upstairs of a pub or club would be ideal, maybe somewhere close to where many Charlton fans live.
    White Swan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    With no game until Saturday you would think blowing away some cobwebs would be useful. Any idea when he last played a game? 

21st Jan last full match - on the bench for the FA cup game on the 25th. Looked to have a pattern of starting one match and then on the bench the next week.
  • Replying to
    90+2' Goal. Watford snatch a late equaliser through Ryan Cassidy right at the death. #wfc 3-3 #cafc
    FULL TIME | U23s 3-3 Charlton U23s An exciting game ends in a stalemate as the hosts pinch a late, late equaliser. #cafc
  • Was 3-3 the final result?

Thanks for the updates Henry and Dazzler.

• Oggy Red said:
    Was 3-3 the final result?

Thanks for the updates Henry and Dazzler.

Yep. Finished 3-3. Shame, we could have won that, but the first teams ability to concede late is spreading.  
  • Cheers, Dazzler. Thanks!

• Watford are top so not a bad result.
  • Davo55 said:
    When Chuks is banging them in like this it makes me wonder why Lee is so adamant that he sees him as a midfield player rather than a striker. Surely worth a chance up top if we have further injury problems?
    He sees him as a no 10, which to my mind is playing off the striker.

So more a forward than a midfielder, but not the main striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Such a pity Chucks was injured just when we needed him and he could have had a run in the team. Never easy coming on as a sub when everyone needs you to score. Everything other than a goal is going to disappoint and that leads to harsh judgements.
    He is fit enough for at least 20 minutes and I would be surprised if he does not make the bench Saturday.
    A striker on form has got to be a better choice.

How well did the trialists play?
  • At the start of the season didn't Bowyer suggest him playing at the tip of the diamond, or was just something that was proposed on here? 
  • Talal said:
    At the start of the season didn't Bowyer suggest him playing at the tip of the diamond, or was just something that was proposed on here? 
    Yep Bow was very clear he would play there and not upfront. That is where he played most games for MK too.

That said if he is fit I would prefer him to Hemed as an option off the bench (an I actually think there is a player in Hemed).
  • Davo55 said:
    When Chuks is banging them in like this it makes me wonder why Lee is so adamant that he sees him as a midfield player rather than a striker. Surely worth a chance up top if we have further injury problems?
    He sees him as a no 10, which to my mind is playing off the striker.

So more a forward than a midfielder, but not the main striker.
    Fair enough, but we don't really play a "conventional" number 10 role do we? It's more often than not the top tip of a diamond or a more conventional advanced central midfielder role.
  • Chuks looks to have lost a bit of muscle mass. Wonder if this is on purpose?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chuks looks to have lost a bit of muscle mass. Wonder if this is on purpose?
    It's possible. Some sportsmen can get a bit obsessed with bulking up, which is fine if you play like Akinfenwa but not good if you lose pace as as result
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chuks looks to have lost a bit of muscle mass. Wonder if this is on purpose?
    It's possible. Some sportsmen can get a bit obsessed with bulking up, which is fine if you play like Akinfenwa but not good if you lose pace as as result
    Or if you create imbalances that increase your chances of injury.