Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, weak line up as half the the regular U23s were on 1st team duty yesterday afternoon.

Day off today.

• Options
    Thanks as always for the report, @bolloxbolder.
  • Options
    Millwall this afternoon, Morgan plays. Good to see AMB get a game too, but then with Harness away we don't have much depth now

Charlton U23 starting XI | Maynard- Brewer, Yao, Stevenson, Maloney, Keefe, French, Vennings, Morgan, Isiaka, Wiredu, Quitirna. Subs: Osaghae, Odoh, Powell, Clayden, Ocran #cafc
  • Options
    I fancied the first half but I’m blocked in at work :-(

I shall have to console myself with clips of Marcus Maddison 
  • Options
    Morgan no Dempsey?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Morgan no Dempsey?
    He started Saturday, not surprised he isn't included. 
  • Options
    Millwall 1-0 up at Half-Time

New owners... Same old story
  • Options
    It ain't over yet !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    U23S | 65' Goal. Millwall snatch a second to double their advantage #cafc 0 #mfc 2
  • Options
    FULL-TIME | Charlton U23S 0 Millwall U23S 2 The Addicks fall to a defeat at Princes Park #cafc
  • Options
    It ain't over yet !

But it is now ..... B*llocks !
  • Options
    This curse the Spanners have over us permeates down through the ranks don't it?

We must of done some serious shit to them at some point...  OR we are seriously shit?
  • Options
    Dempsey
    Doughty
    Davidson

All would have played had they not been in the first team so not too disappointed.
  • Options
    Afraid this was no improvement on last week's offering. Outplayed by a physical Millwall side who bullied our lighter players from start to finish. 

No one impressed for us. Breaks my heart to see Maloney going backwards and subbed at ht. Millwall keeper had no saves to make in the whole game. We usually do well against the scum at this level but today was back to the more familiar deja vu feeling. Still there's always April for the first win this century v them, but I'm not holding my breath! 

More Millwall in the crowd than us but I ran then after the game all the way back to Crayford, so at least that's one result I guess😂

Millwall supporters never caught you then
  • Options
    Thanks guys for telling the gruesome story.
  • Options
    Any news anyone on the u23 match today against Swansea?Aneke was due to feature
  • Options
    Wonder if we'll have to wait till Monday for any reports

What with the comms team up in Preston today I'd be surprised if there was anyone there to watch the game

Will probably rely on Swansea's report a bit when we produce ours
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The U23s won 4-2. I don't have any information about the lineup/scorers.
  • Options
    Really odd timing to have an U23s fixture at virtually the same time as a first team fixture for both sides, I don't recall the U23s or Reserves ever playing on a match day Saturday before
  • Options
    Really odd timing to have an U23s fixture at virtually the same time as a first team fixture for both sides, I don't recall the U23s or Reserves ever playing on a match day Saturday before
    Cup game so probably had to be played by a certain date.

Reserve games always used to be played on Saturdays when the first team was away. Long time ago though.
  • Options

Reserve games always used to be played on Saturdays when the first team was away. Long time ago though.
    Back in the old Football Combination days.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    LenGlover said:

Back in the old Football Combination days.
    Yeah, proper Reserves league ..... with the the best of the kids and the 1st squad players played together in a competitive match.

That toughened up the kids and taught them mens' football, playing alongside and against wily old pros.
    Kept the experienced squad players match fit also.

The pitches were nothing like the billiard table surfaces played on these days in mid winter and them being played on every week didn't help either.
  • Options

Back then matchday squads were much smaller though, the one sub days?
  • Options
    Hope so and that Chuks came through the game ok.