Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Maloney back from Newport?
    Can he be recalled from a league club?

Wouldnt have thought so... Hence why Aston Villa could only recall Steer in January and why none of our current loans can be recalled by parent clubs till January

Id have thought its because loan deals run from Transfer Window to Window rather than monthly like what are still allowed within Non-League
  • Options

Wouldnt have thought so... Hence why Aston Villa could only recall Steer in January and why none of our current loans can be recalled by parent clubs till January

Id have thought its because loan deals run from Transfer Window to Window rather than monthly like what are still allowed within Non-League
    That's what i thought.  Maybe a different player with the same name or he's able to play in U23 games.  Not far from Newport to Cardiff.
  • Options
    Ah didnt twig where we were playing... Yeh could well be an agreement with Newport to play him and keep him match sharp seeing its a local game

After all he's only played 10-games for Newport this season with Saturday's appearance only being for 30mins from the bench
  • Options

U23 | Team News: The #Bluebirds' starting XI features several First Team players, including Joe Day, Sol Bamba and Danny Ward! Watch LIVE

http://bit.ly/33gmDov #CityAsOne
  • Options
    live here but have to register https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/live
  • Options

8' - Penalty for the visitors. (0-0)

• Options

8' - It's sent high over the crossbar, with City pressing right back up the pitch from Joe Day's goal kick. (0-0) Watch LIVE

http://bit.ly/33gmDov
  • Options
    0-0 at half time
  • Options
    Weak team. Expecting the worst in second half. 
  • Options
    Cardiff have the ball in the net but it's offside
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A strong looking Cardiff side that. It shows the depth of their squad, as presumably the likes of Bamba, Richards and Ward won't be involved in their midweek game
  • Options
    Finishes 0-0
  • Options

U23 FULL-TIME | 0-0 The #Bluebirds are held to a goalless draw by the Addicks. #CityAsOne
  • Options
    Good result considering the relative strengths of the sides.  And we missed a pen.
  • Options

That's what i thought.  Maybe a different player with the same name or he's able to play in U23 games.  Not far from Newport to Cardiff.
    I’m fairly certain that a player who is loaned out is allowed to play for his parent club’s u23’s. 
  • Options

I’m fairly certain that a player who is loaned out is allowed to play for his parent club’s u23’s. 
    personally I thought that was only non league. Didn’t think we could do with it League 2 and I’m surprised Newport would allow it. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019

personally I thought that was only non league. Didn’t think we could do with it League 2 and I’m surprised Newport would allow it. 
    It’s for Non League, Youth loans and short term loans (which I think applies to Maloney).

**Edit** Just realised It’s a season long loan. Maybe it was a Gentleman’s agreement after all. 
  • Options

It’s for Non League, Youth loans and short term loans (which I think applies to Maloney).

**Edit** Just realised It’s a season long loan. Maybe it was a Gentleman’s agreement after all. 

Maloney's still only 20.

No doubt his loan qualifies as a Youth loan. And eligible to play in parent club's Development games.
    He's 21 in January - and Youth loans can't be extended beyond that.

• Options
    What a surprise that Ocran missed the penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a surprise that Ocran missed the penalty.
    Assuming you do not rate Wilberforce? (Just wanted to say his first name)
  • Options
    @Sage is there an U23s game today?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Yeh at the Madejski Stadium against Reading (Premier League Cup) - 3pm KO

Starting XI | Harness, Yao, French, Mingi, Aidoo, Henry, Clayden, Wiredu, Odoh, Quitirna, Isiaka.
    Subs: Harvey, Buhari, Powell, Afrane-Kesey, Ocran. #cafc
  • Options

Starting XI | Harness, Yao, French, Mingi, Aidoo, Henry, Clayden, Wiredu, Odoh, Quitirna, Isiaka.
    Cheers @Sage
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Cheers @Sage
    No problem Dave
  • Options
    Maloney on Monday, Wiredu today.
  • Options
    No page
  • Options

I guess this is the same situation as with Maloney, as I see Wiredu is in the team when he's on loan at Colchester until January
  • Options
    One down at half time. 
  • Options
    Under 18 star Aaron Henry equalises from a 25 yard free kick.