Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Its a very very strong U23's side, couple of first teamers/benchers 

U23S STARTING XI | Amos, Matthews, Yao, Mingi, Stevenson, Dempsey, Forster-Caskey, Powell, Oztumer, Davison, Isiaka.

Can also watch it live for free online or IRL

Interesting that JFC is playing, seeing that he played nearly the full match last Saturday, Bowyer is clearly keen for him to get as much match time as possible. Surprised Lapslie isn't involved though
  • 24' GOAL! Oztumer puts the Addicks back ahead! An indirect free-kick inside the QPR box sees Oztumer's shot come back off the wall, but he finds the bottom corner with his rebound.
  • Southbank said:
    Is the big number 9 Davison?
    I think so yes.  Looked ok the one time I saw him but not seen enough to make a fair assessment
  • RedJohn said:
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/live-stream-qpr-u23s-v-charlton-u23s/

Link for todays game v qpr 1400 hours kick off.

Many thanks for the link. Good chance to see the current batch.

• we look comfortable/confident in attack but its just a U23's match.

Oztumer still has that fancy feet and flair like he did against Forest, it makes up for his short height.
  • How is Brewster doing?
  • How is Brewster doing?
    An elephant never forgets eh
  • How is Brewster doing?
    An elephant never forgets eh
    Never
  • Is this ref Stroud?  He is giving us nothing. Never seen our under 23s so animated. 
  • Amos should have got that...
  • Sponsored links:

• Just switched the broadcast on to see them celebrating

Dammit!

• cafc-west said:
    Amos should have got that...
    That was my immediate reaction shame his wasn't as quick.
  • I saw Johl Powell for the first time last week - he looks interesting.  All strong, all-action and not shy
    One to keep an eye on maybe
  • Dillon would have stopped it than played an instant 70 yard defence splitting pass to set up another goal.
  • edited October 2019
    3-2 Dempsey from a corner by JFC.
  • Dempsey heads us back in front from a corner. 
  • Scrappy 3rd for Charlton.  Corner landed in the box and headed home by one of our boys (watching on phone so can't see who)
  • Swisdom said:
    Scrappy 3rd for Charlton.  Corner landed in the box and headed home by one of our boys (watching on phone so can't see who)
    Well, put the phone down and watch the game  :)
  • Penalty with the last kick of the match.  Culdn't see who it was but a stupid foul to give away.  We had multiple chance to leather it clear and just fucked about with it.  They broke - a good run into the box and a very stupid foul
  • Dillon would have saved it

Amos didnt

meh
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019
    Penalty to QPR conceded by Yao clumsy challenge and scored as Amos goes the wrong way 3-3.
  • Oztumer bollocking the defenders - gesticulating where the ball should have gone - ROW Z

They'l  be disappointed with that
  • We should’ve had pen a few mins before QPRs. Oztumer tripped in box 
  • Think he conceded both pens. Said it before but why is he still on the books? Played in his preferred centre back position and still erratic. 
  • Think he conceded both pens. Said it before but why is he still on the books? Played in his preferred centre back position and still erratic. 
    Isn't it just a function of U23’s?  Ie you need a full squad and so you end up keeping one or two players who probably are not good enough for longer than you previously would have.
  • Shame to draw after long spells on top. Missed the first half hour but good to see a CAFC No.7 called Powell who likes to run with the ball. JFK looked good (as he probably should in that environment). QPR commentary very fair. 
  • edited October 2019
    I enjoyed that. Very competitive for an u23 game.

Thanks for the link, WK6824Nine.

Have to agree with the dissing of Yao. Does not look agile enough for soccer. He should try the American code.

Oztumer best player on the pitch by a mile. Not too impressed with Matthews or Forster-Caskey.

Stephenson is a great crosser but lack of acceleration will stop him progressing. Junior, Davidson and Powell all look bright prospects.

• edited October 2019
    Was watching a bit in between working. I thought we were much better, but I can't quite work out why we didn't win and by a few goals. Oztumer looked like he was enjoying himself and looked a class apart, but he often made the wrong call and tried too much when team mates were in better positions.
  • When did we sign Davison? Or is he still on trial?