Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• One all at half time. Swansea took the lead and dominated early on. Davison equalised following in a keeper spill from a strong Powell shot.

Since then it's been all Charlton. Keeper has made a couple of good stops and strong claim for a penalty turned down.

Reckon match could be the reverse of Wednesday night with us turning round a deficit to win.
  • HT 1-1
  • U23S | 62' Penalty Swansea. Keefe brings down a Swansea forward in the box. Paulet will step up... #cafc 1 #swans 1
  • U23S | 69' Goal Swansea. Jones-Thomas taps home from Al-Hamadi's ball in. #cafc 1 #swans 2
  • ross1 said:
    U23S | 69' Goal Swansea. Jones-Thomas taps home from Al-Hamadi's ball in. #cafc 1 #swans 2
    Proper combination of Welsh names that!
  • Garbutt is the only name in the Ipswich side I recognise, I think he's coming back from injury

Harry Wright is Richard Wright’s son
    Bizarre career Richard Wright, well over 300 games in 2 spells at Ipswich, but long periods of bench warming elsewhere
    Never quite fulfilled his potential when he was supposed to be Seaman's successor

Garbutt is the only name in the Ipswich side I recognise, I think he's coming back from injury

Harry Wright is Richard Wright’s son
    Bizarre career Richard Wright, well over 300 games in 2 spells at Ipswich, but long periods of bench warming elsewhere
    Arse 2 Charlton 4 - Richard's finest hour
  • FULL-TIME | Charlton U23s 1 Swansea City U23s 2 The young Addicks' first @premierleague Cup group game ends in defeat. #cafc
  • A very unfortunate defeat the blame for the winning goal resting squarely on Yao who following a clearance from our attacking corner on the half way line decided against heading it forward or passing back to the keeper and lost possession to the three on rushing Swansea forwards. Not just because of this but I have no idea why we have retained him for a further year. Ditto too for Wilberforce.

Sloppy passing meant clear chances were missed before their penalty. A Morgan free kick was also pushed on to the post before their winner.

First time that I was impressed with Mingi and Dempsey and Powell also impressed. Morgan appears subdued and I think his body language shows frustration at the failure of getting a loan move.
  • Sponsored links:

• A very unfortunate defeat the blame for the winning goal resting squarely on Yao who following a clearance from our attacking corner on the half way line decided against heading it forward or passing back to the keeper and lost possession to the three on rushing Swansea forwards. Not just because of this but I have no idea why we have retained him for a further year. Ditto too for Wilberforce.

Sloppy passing meant clear chances were missed before their penalty. A Morgan free kick was also pushed on to the post before their winner.

First time that I was impressed with Mingi and Dempsey and Powell also impressed. Morgan appears subdued and I think his body language shows frustration at the failure of getting a loan move.
    A few years ago Yao partnered Konsa in a game I watched and whilst both played well I thought Yao was slightly the better on the night. Was heavily at fault for the 2nd though and made a few errors. Harsh defeat though as the game itself was very even 
  • edited October 2019
    A very unfortunate defeat the blame for the winning goal resting squarely on Yao ... I have no idea why we have retained him for a further year. 
    Presumably because we were short of right-backs. Problem solved now we have Matthews.

No doubt the u23s will improve once we have Nathan Jones back in charge.
  • A very unfortunate defeat the blame for the winning goal resting squarely on Yao ... I have no idea why we have retained him for a further year. 
    Presumably because we were short of right-backs. Problem solved now we have Matthews.

No doubt the u23s will improve once we have Nathan Jones back in charge.
    The thing is though Yao and the other full back yesterday Vega are both centre halves. I rate Vega but Yao is too top heavy and has no pace or skill. Cannot see why we persist with him at full back but let Zemura go who imo was a fast and good full back.
  • Have seen Yao half a dozen times. Not sure why he has a contract.
  • Why was Maynard Brewer only on the bench? 
  • Pretty sure Driessen was there on Friday. Clearly still working for Roly
  • Never seen Yao play CH.
  • QPR U23s will return to Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium on Friday afternoon when they host Charlton Athletic in Professional Development League 2 South (2pm]

Admission is free, though all supporters are invited to make a donation to QPR in the Community Trust on the gate. Entry  to the stadium via South Africa Road.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/under-23/2019/qpr-u23s-v-charlton-athletic-u23s/
  • clive said:

QPR U23s will return to Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium on Friday afternoon when they host Charlton Athletic in Professional Development League 2 South (2pm]

Admission is free, though all supporters are invited to make a donation to QPR in the Community Trust on the gate. Entry  to the stadium via South Africa Road.

You'd imagine that both teams would put out fairly strong teams, an ideal opportunity to give a few squad players some match time
  • clive said:

QPR U23s will return to Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium on Friday afternoon when they host Charlton Athletic in Professional Development League 2 South (2pm]

You'd imagine that both teams would put out fairly strong teams, an ideal opportunity to give a few squad players some match time
    Really? I thought Bowyer wanted to take full advantage of the downtime to rest the remainder of the squad not on international duty. Good for some of those retuning from injury needing minutes though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    clive said:

Really? I thought Bowyer wanted to take full advantage of the downtime to rest the remainder of the squad not on international duty. Good for some of those retuning from injury needing minutes though. 
    I mean the players who've hardly played. Lapslie, even Oshilaja or Oztumer. Amos could do with a game also
  • Probably be good for Matthews and Lapslie to get a run out - Apart from Amos we can only name one other
  • Its a very very strong U23's side, couple of first teamers/benchers 

U23S STARTING XI | Amos, Matthews, Yao, Mingi, Stevenson, Dempsey, Forster-Caskey, Powell, Oztumer, Davison, Isiaka.

Can also watch it live for free online or IRL

• Do you have a link?

• Davison put us one up then another clumsy tackle from Yao or Mingi led to equaliser from the spot.
  • Nice placement from Oztumer to restore the lead
  • Is the big number 9 Davison?
  • Ostumer following up his blocked free kick puts us back in front.